DOCTOR WHO LOVERS! discussion

General Stuff > How far back can you go?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments We are into the 11th Dr. (who can only regenerate 11 or 12 times so we may be getting close to the end). How far back in Dr.s can you go?
I can go back to #4 Tom Baker (1974-1981) as an original watcher but have since gone back and watched some #3 Jon Pertwee (1970-1974).

message 2: by Bernadette (last edited May 05, 2010 01:31AM) (new)

Bernadette | 5 comments I can only go back to the first series of the new series in 2005, the one with Christopher Eccelston.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah same

but we hav HEAPS of the old ones at hoe but ive never watched them

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (caldron) | 5 comments I started just at the end of Jon Pertwee's reign and so Tom Baker really is 'my' Doctor, but after Peter Davidson took over I didn't really follow that much and so I've not seen any of the 6th and 7th Doctors at all.
I saw the telemovie with the 8th and have been following again since the RTD 're-boot' with #9.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments caldron wrote: "I started just at the end of Jon Pertwee's reign and so Tom Baker really is 'my' Doctor, but after Peter Davidson took over I didn't really follow that much and so I've not seen any of the 6th and ..."

Ah good- another with some history. We need to encourage these younger folks to do some Doctor research and see what the good old days was like!

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim (caldron) | 5 comments Absolutely..! :)

the TARDIS has had a swimming pool since at least the 4th Doctor

message 7: by Jim (new)

Jim (caldron) | 5 comments caldron wrote: "Absolutely..! :)

the TARDIS has had a swimming pool since at least the 4th Doctor"

although I've always thought it a shame that we never saw Leela taking a dip..! :)

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments caldron wrote: "caldron wrote: "Absolutely..! :)

the TARDIS has had a swimming pool since at least the 4th Doctor"

although I've always thought it a shame that we never saw Leela taking a dip..! :)"

Leela or the first Romana (Mary Tamm). I might even add Teegan to that list (from the 5th Dr.).

message 9: by Charles (new)

Charles (charlesk) | 2 comments Tom Baker in my case. The show stopped being 'must watch' for me until Tennant came along, and I'm quite enjoying the new doctor too (this was unexpected).