Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4144 comments Mod
I'm glad that Mrs. Howard introduced me to John Medina. I haven't read all the books that he's in. My first book by her was All The Queens Men and John Medina stood out to me. He's definitely a good bad boy. A man that can wear many faces.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Ms Howard does have the talent to create the yummiest heroes. Even heroes that I shouldn't like are depicted in such a way you can't help but love em. James Diaz is such an example. A cold-blooded assassin.

message 3: by Arch (new)

Pamela, which book is James in.

I know that sometimes the bad guy can irresistible.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (floresji) | 31 comments He was in Cry No More. I loooved him!!!!

message 5: by Arch (new)

Julie wrote: "He was in Cry No More. I loooved him!!!!"

I will have to check that book out.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (floresji) | 31 comments You will not be dissapointed! I normally don't write reviews but I had to for this amazing book. :)

message 7: by Arch (new)

Julie wrote: "You will not be dissapointed! I normally don't write reviews but I had to for this amazing book. :)"

When I get time, I'll check out your review.

message 8: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments I have to agree with the love for Cry No More. Just make sure you have some kleenex near by, you will need it!!

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Cry No More is one of those stories that stay with you a long time after the read. I do highly recommend but its a true tear jerker. I agree with Darcy. You need a box of kleenex!

message 10: by Arch (new)

Oh my goodness, it will make me cry?

Does something bad happen to the hero or heroine? Like death? If so, I know I will not be able to read it.

message 11: by Julie (new)

Julie (floresji) | 31 comments Oh no!!! Something happens but not death for them. Just read it. You will not be dissapointed. :)

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Arch wrote: "Oh my goodness, it will make me cry?

Does something bad happen to the hero or heroine? Like death? If so, I know I will not be able to read it."

Its not really a spoiler to let u know that the heroine's baby is kidnapped at the beginning of the story. I won't say anymore.

message 13: by Arch (new)

Pamela wrote: "Arch wrote: "Its not really a spoiler to let u know that the heroine's baby is kidnapped at the beginning of the story. I won't say anymore."

Oh okay. As long as the baby doesn't get tortured or killed. I'm okay.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments Arch, no one is killed or tortured, it is more about the hard decisions that a person should never have to make.

message 15: by Arch (new)

Darcy wrote: "Arch, no one is killed or tortured, it is more about the hard decisions that a person should never have to make."

Okay. I'll check the book out, but I don't know when.

message 16: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Diaz is one truely Alpha male,thru all the heroines torment he stuck to her like glue and got her thru that horrible time,and Linda didn`t spare the descriptions of just what he did go thru for her,he is a Hero of the same caliber as your Sam and John.

message 17: by Julie (new)

Julie (floresji) | 31 comments Sam and John? What books are these heros in please?

message 18: by Arch (new)

Kathy Anne wrote: "Diaz is one truely Alpha male,thru all the heroines torment he stuck to her like glue and got her thru that horrible time,and Linda didn`t spare the descriptions of just what he did go thru for her..."

Then I must read about this Diaz.

message 19: by Arch (new)

Julie wrote: "Sam and John? What books are these heros in please?"

Sam Starrett is from Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters Series.

He's in the first book, briefly. Unsung Hero

Defiant Hero
Over The Edge
Into The Night
Gone Too Far
All Through The Night
Dark of Night
Hot Pursuit

He's my baby.

John Medina is a Linda Howard's character. He's in All The Queens Men and a couple of other books.

message 20: by Julie (new)

Julie (floresji) | 31 comments Thanks Arch! ;)

message 21: by Arch (new)

Julie wrote: "Thanks Arch! ;)"

You are welcome.

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited May 08, 2010 08:24AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
LH is a long-time admired author. My favorite heroes of hers are Wolf Mackenzie from Mackenzie's Mountain, and James Diaz (I'm still looking for my own Diaz) from Cry No More. But she writes very sexy, dominant, possessive heroes. Can't go wrong there!

message 23: by Arch (new)

I will be reading more of Linda's books.

message 24: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) It is that possesive,dominant, and can I add protective to the extreme ,and they stick like glue too-they are definitly loyal like forever,I never doubt or wonder about them

message 25: by Arch (new)

In my opinion that is how the hero should be.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Very true, ladies!

message 27: by Kathy Anne (last edited May 09, 2010 06:55PM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) One of the few books I disliked by Linda,that I read as a teen,is Dream Man.
I read books for the hero and the guy in this one is setting,or rather thinking about setting the heroine up as bait for a horrid serial killer really shocked me that anyone would even have that kind of thought-let alone one of Linda Howards.
He seemed to bumble his way thru till the very end and she finally saved the day.Have never reread that book,didn`t see how anyone that would plan that could ever be trusted.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I haven't read Dream Man. I know my sister likes it a lot, but she likes psychic stuff.

message 29: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

I liked Dream Man but I did get mad at that part of the story.

message 30: by Kathy Anne (last edited May 09, 2010 07:05PM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) I like psychic stuff too Danielle and Ghosts and Time Travel-those are my favs-didn`t work here tho for me,and I never did see anyplace where he redeemed himself to her either,he should still be crawling on his knees these 10-12 yrs later.
I have to say tho that Linda Howard is my fav author,I`m not running her writing down at all,it is something that I guess I can`t suspend enough to handle it,and can`t forget the lack of trust that would cause for me.

message 31: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I'm not a fan of After the Night's hero, Gray. I want to hire an assassin to take him out.

message 32: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'm not a fan of After the Night's hero, Gray. I want to hire an assassin to take him out."

lol me too. I hated him!

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Glad it's not just me, Pamela.

message 34: by willaful (new)

willaful I enjoy the "betrayal" theme, so I liked Dream Man. And thought it super sexy. ATN really pissed me off at first but then it grew on me and now I adore it. Also super sexy.

message 35: by Kythahra (new)

Kythahra | 13 comments Hope I'm putting this in the right place. If not - forgive me, am a newbie!

Sounds like Linda Howard writes my kind of guys, but have never read one. I know - the shame of it. Am just really cautious and hadn't had a recommendation...... til I came here!

Based on comments, Cry No More and All the Queen's Men are at the top of my list, but I'm a stickler for reading books in order and fantastic fiction shows Kill and Tell as coming before AtQM. Should I read that first, or are they only loosely connected?

Or is there another LH I should try first? If the hear is bad/dangerous/dominant/agressive/etc - I'm up for it! Any thoughts/advice mucg appreciated!

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Hi Jemma. I would go with Mackenzie's Mountain, since it's an old favorite of mine. I have heard some readers find it dated, but I thought it was a very sweet, sexy romance.

message 37: by Arch (new)

@ Jemma. All The Queen's Men was my first book by Linda. I've fallen in love with John Medina.

I tend to get series books out of order, so I can't tell you which book to read first Jemma.

@ Danielle, older stories tend to be the best stories.

message 38: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Mackenzie's Mountain is a perfect choice, and one of my favorites by Linda Howard. It gives you a good feel for her writing style, too.

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I agree with you both, Arch and Megan!

message 40: by Bekah (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 93 comments I loved Gray from After the Night. He's such a jerk but he just can't stay away, and when he starts to beg...well it was great. Plus I thought it was some of the best tension and steamy sex scenes.

message 41: by Kythahra (new)

Kythahra | 13 comments Excellent - Mackenzie's Mountain, Cry No More, All the Queen's Men and After the Night. Check.

Now I just need a week on the beach/in a lake cabin so I can savour them. Thanks for the input guys! :)

message 42: by Charitabee (new)

Charitabee | 1 comments I LOVE LOVE KIll and Tell.........it has a super sexy scene..........love this book. Just wish it was in ebook format. I wish a lot of her back list was available in ebook.

message 43: by Kythahra (new)

Kythahra | 13 comments rofl - Linda Howard is one well-loved author!

In the middle of Mackenzie's Mountain at the moment - loving it! Will get Kill & Tell and All the Queen's Men next.

Thanks for the rec, Charitabee! :)

message 44: by Kythahra (new)

Kythahra | 13 comments Just finished Makenzie's Mountain. Great intro to Linda Howard - many thanks Lady Danielle & Megan! Very sweet, good story, likeable herione - and Wolf! I love the angry control freaks! (though feeling kinda uncomforable about my slight crush on Joe - I'm a cradle snatcher!)

Kill and Tell, here I come! :)

message 45: by ~Megan~ (new)

Haha Jemma! Don't feel uncomfortable...the next book in the series is Joe's book, Mackenzie's Mission. Much less enjoyable than the first, but still a good book to read more about the Mackenzie family!

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Glad you enjoyed it. I have to admit, I didn't like Joe as much as an adult man.

message 47: by Kythahra (new)

Kythahra | 13 comments Oh noes! Joe had the makings of my kinda hero (when all grown up of course :D)

Oh well, I'll do the Medina series before I come back to Joe, so maybe the expectations won't be so high when I read his book! Am sure I'll like it anyway - am suprised I got this far without realising LH writes my kind of books.

message 48: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I know a lot of LH fans love Joe. He was a bit too alpha butthead for me as a grown up.

message 49: by ~Megan~ (new)

Yeah, I wasn't too fond of him either, Danielle. To be honest, the rest of the Mackenzie books were kind of a letdown after the greatness of Mackenzie's Mountain.

message 50: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I agree, Megan. I did like Chance's book a lot, even though by then my expectations were limited.

« previous 1