Let's All Write STORIES!!! discussion

Science Fiction/Fantasy > Brainstorming

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sella (last edited Jun 01, 2008 04:01PM) (new)

Sella Malin Anyone have an idea for a topic or story for this genre?

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Demons? I like the concept.

message 3: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin What kind of demons? There are many out there.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Dunno. Fire, Ice, Darkness? All kinds? I'm just brainstorming.

message 5: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Cool...I like selkies (creatures from Celtic Mythology). That was random...and I also like fairies...hmm...and mermaids...we could have some kind of magic story, maybe.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) ooh, ooh, me! i like witches and the theory that crystals and gemstones have great powers!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah!
demons of each type at war with each other, while selkies, fairies, dragons, unicorns, elves, goblins, you name it, join the war, or try to stop it!

message 9: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 Are all demons bad, or are some helpful? I always feel like they are like, "bad spirits" or something, trying to take people's souls.

message 10: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Some could be good...so we could have a war between the good demons and the bad demons...and all the other magical creatures are trying to stop it!! So...it probably should be in the view of one of the creatures...or maybe one of the demons....

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

or switch back and forth, like this

--------------FOREST DEMONS----------

blah blah blah blah blah

--------------OCEAN DEMONS-------------------
teeheeheeheeheehee

message 12: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin LOL!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

what? it'd work!

message 14: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin No, it's just funny how you said teeeheee for the ocean demons. XD

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

then, hows' this...

LALALALLALALALALALALALALA

message 16: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I don't have a problem. XD

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

:D

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) there was a story in another group about a demon

message 19: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Oh yeah. But this is a war with ALL the demons!!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Demon Warz!

message 21: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 Why are they fighting? Should they be fighting for supreme rule over someone's soul? Or a whole kingdom perhaps? Maybe there's like some ancient curse or prophecy and the creatures are trying to stop it from coming true!

message 22: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Hmm...maybe the bad demons want to take over the kingdom, and the good demons don't want to let them take over...so, bad demons=offense, and good demons=defense.

message 23: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 I like your idea, Sella! Maybe the kingdom was run peacefully by the good demons, and the bad demons wanted to take over it, but if they fight, there will be a huge catastrophe that the creatures are trying to stop.

message 24: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah! So the magical creatures want to break apart the fight, to stop the demons from fighting!! We should have creatures such as elves, fairies, dragons, and such...

message 25: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) Maybe.....just a thought, there is an ancient crystal, that the bad demons have been in control over for years! Then the main Demon, is just comming of age, and he or she ends up learning about the stories of how the bad demons took control, the main character is foolish and tries to take the crystal back, successfuly.

???????????

message 26: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) What if they are all 'bad' demons? And what if the lesser creatures (faries, elves, leprechauns, etc) are trying to have a mutiny and upset the balance of the portals and people start coming in and demons start going out on accident. And there is anarchy so there is nobody to fix the problem.

Or what if, by human standards, the rulers of the demon realm are 'good', but by demon standards, they are 'bad'? We could play with that idea a lot.

Those are just two ideas off the top of my head. We could even combine my first idea and ryan's idea. The main demon, coming of age, is either suddenly the demon ruler or goes against his/her customs and leads the lesser creatures in revolt?

message 27: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) In fact...we could potentially combine all of the ideas. Here is exactly what I am coming up with as I am typing:

The 'good' demons (bad by human standards) are in charge of the demon realm and an ancient black crystal. There are only a few 'bad' (good by human standards) demons out there, as well as a number of lesser creatures that oppose the rulers, or are happy as long as there is peace. One of the 'bad demons' is coming of age and hears of the crystal. She wants to take it and give the control to those that she considers have the right idea for ruling the kindom. She gathers together an army of the lesser creatures that oppose the current rule, and they attempt a revolt. They have a lot going against them with the opposing demons and the smaller creatures who simply want peace in the kingdom. The coming of age demon stirs up enough trouble however, to cause the portals to other universes (not just the human one, others too) to be neglected and run amok. Creatures from the demon realm are scattered throughout other universes, and things from other universes come to the demon realm. The head demon is lost to the human world, and in his place is a human child, who has no idea what is going on.

Now, I don't want to write out the whole story, or else it will be no fun. We all will have to work together to solve this messy problem that our story will come to have. All my ideas are gone right now too, and that's the other reason I left a hanging plot.

What do you guys think?

message 28: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 I like it! :)

message 29: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I like it!! The only thing is, what do you mean the 'good' demons who are really bad, and the 'bad' demons who are really good? That confuses me.

message 30: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) Yeah, does it mean that demons aren't considerd good by humans, but in the magical realm they are the good guys?

message 31: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin That sorta makes sense...but why?

message 32: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) Because, the demons invaded human's land looking for the crystal, the magical creatures thank them for finding the crystal, but the humans were hurt and they had lost their homes?

message 33: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah...and maybe, whenever the good demons tried to protect the crystal, it looked like they were trying to be bad or whatever...

message 34: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) Yeah!

message 35: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) soo let me get this straight- the 'good' but really bad demons have the crystal, and theres a 'bad' but really good demon who tries to steal it to give it to the other 'bad' demons, and what about just other magical creatures?

message 36: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Well, the good and bad demons are about to start a war, and the magical creatures have to stop them from starting a war, because if they don't, there will be huge natural disasters, and the world may not survive it.

message 37: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) k, got it. so whos POV should it b in?

message 38: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin One of the magical creatures

message 39: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) An elf, the leader of the Magical creatures, he's not really a leader but he is the one that motavates them?

message 40: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Ok But wait let me just set something straight. How about there are Demons and a demons opposite aka Angels. So then it is actually a war against angels and demons!

message 41: by Mccaul (new)

Mccaul (ryanmccaul) OOOOOOOOO Good idea!

message 42: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Ok so now, how are we going to start this future amazing story? :(

message 43: by Kataury (new)

Kataury HELLO!!! :D

message 44: by Kataury (new)

Kataury um... How are you? "D

message 45: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Very nice very nice!! :D it's amazing how fast one can get off topic eh?

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 12, 2008 12:26PM) (new)

idk, I just like demons.
But I really like the ocean demons. So you have demons on land, in the middle of the universe, others on dif. planets, and some in the water. oceandemons, forestdemons, meadowdemons, spacedemons, newdemons (children), oldemons (adults), countrydemons, worldemons. . .
Anyone got anymore names?
Oh and there should be a band of humans that have their own land in the middle lands on each of the planets. They don't take part in much. They're the people that don't fight their wars, and they don't fight against them.
So, the humans are stubborn. They have a king and queen/ruler over them, and they have kids.
etc. I don't want to go further, or else I'd be writing this story.
But I love these ideas.

message 47: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Ocean demons forest demons and stuff, I think we should make them their own special names/titles. Make the story a little original y'know?

message 48: by Teresa 8-22 (new)

Teresa 8-22 You mean like, a new name for each of the different groups of demons? Hmm, that makes sense, but that's going to be a lot of names.

message 49: by Kataury (new)

Kataury hurray! someones online and I'm not alone!!
I'm pretty sure we can do it! We're all creative with names and ideas so I don't think that will be a big problem! We can do it! "D

message 50: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I think that this story would be better in third person. It seems like there is going to be a very large number of characters, so it might be easier to just do third, or switch views every once in a while. If we switched views though, we would have to do this thing in chapters.

« previous 1