Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Book/Author/Series/Genre > Need Help on Picking Erotic Novel

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 822 comments Here goes. I'm kind of burnt out on UF at the moment so I'm planning on ordering a few Erotic Romances online today. Problem is I haven't read many ER before & am at a lost as to what to pick. I would be very grateful if any of you had any suggestions.

Btw, I'm ok with pretty much anything but full on M/M.

message 2: by Gigi (last edited May 02, 2010 01:43PM) (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Hmm....I love erotic romances, but I'm not familiar with that many authors. I would suggest almost anything Lora Leigh, Emma Holly, Lorelei James, Maya Banks, Shayla Black, Lacey Alexander, Robin Schone or Sarah McCarty. Out of the above, I've only read Lora Leigh.

For more specific books, I tend to go to listopia.

Hot Erotic Romances top 5:
1. Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black by Shayla Black
2. Decadent by Shayla Black by Shayla Black
3. Colters' Woman (Colters' Legacy, #1) by Maya Banks by Maya Banks
4. Dangerous Boys and Their Toy by Shayla Black by Shayla Black
5. Blackmailed by Annmarie McKenna by Annmarie Mckenna

Favorite Erotic Romances top 5:
1. Wicked Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #9) by Lora Leigh by Lora Leigh (I've heard good things about this series- I'm not sure if there is any m/m action though)
2. Forbidden Pleasure (Bound Hearts, #8) by Lora Leigh by Lora Leigh
3. Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh by Nalini Singh
4. Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black by Shayla Black
5. Passion by Lisa Valdez by Lisa Valdez (heard good things about this book)

Well, if you decide to go with Lora Leigh. I would avoid her Men of August series. There isn't any direct M/M action but there is an m/m back story.

I hope this helps.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments LL -

I highly recommend Lorelei James Rough Riders series - the first book is Long Hard Ride - contemporary set in Wyoming for the most part, but this particular one is primarily on the rodeo circuit.

Another one I would recommend, if you don't mind BDSM is The Reluctant Dom (but you will need a box of tissues handy); another book of hers that is good is Love Slave for Two (this is actually the first in the series, but she has since written a prequel which does feature M/M, but is very tastefully done);

Sarah McCarty writes historical westerns and has two series currently out - Hell's Eight which starts with Caine's Reckoning and the promises series which starts with Promises Linger.

Beth Malloy has a good historical western series called the Malloy family which starts with The Bounty - she also has a series called Devil's on Horseback, but I haven't read them yet.

hope you find something you like

message 4: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 822 comments Thank you very much Delicious Dee & Gigi for the suggestions. I enjoy Shayla Black, Lora Leigh & the one book I read by Maya Banks. I will probably pick another Banks novel since I liked Be with Me so much. For some reason I just can't get into Sarah McCarty's Promises & Hell's Eight series. The only book I found fairly tolerable by her was Running Wild. I AM interested in reading more BDSM romances so I will definitely look into Tymber Dalton. Again, thank you both very much.

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments no problem - enjoy! i do highly recommend Lorelei James as well if you can find her books! I'm waiting (not so patiently) for her new one due out in June

message 6: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9702 comments If you are interested in BDSM, Joey W. Hill's Nature of Desire series is fantastic. Maya Banks' Sweet Series is also great, and Lorelei James is a must.

Natural Law (Nature of Desire, #2) by Joey W. Hill Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) by Maya Banks Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2) by Lorelei James

message 7: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 822 comments After much deliberation I have chosen my books.I swear I hate to shop but put me in a bookstore & I'm in there for hours trying to decide. Anyone want to know what they are? No? Tough cause I'm gonna tell you anyway cause I'm cool like that.::bats lashes::

Midnight Encounters by Elle Kennedy( A bad boy & a hardworking lady,oh my!)
A Witch's Beauty by Joey W. Hill ( I've gotten alot of suggestions for her & I did love the books I read by her so!)
Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks (Also got a lot of suggestions for her & its about a hardcore permanent BDSM relationship).
Dark Elves 1: Taken by Jet Mykles (I just couldn't resist dark-skinned white-haired fae).
Sins of the Flesh by Devyn Quinn (Just had to sneak one Vamp romance in the bunch).

Again thank you all very much & I'm putting the majority of the books you all suggested (that I haven't already read) on my TBR shelf

message 8: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1149 comments Awesome! I'm glad I could help! Those books look really good! I'm adding them to my TBR as well! hee hee

message 9: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 822 comments Great ☺. I'm glad I was able to help others on my quest.

message 10: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jacquelineo) | 64 comments Just a warning of the Rough Riders series the first & fifth book have M/M scenes.

I would highly recommend Shelly Laurentson's Pack and Pride shifter series. I just finished them and I am dying to read the next one.

Some of my other favorites

Biting Love Series by Mary Hughes
Bite My Fire (Biting Love, #1) by Mary Hughes Biting Nixie (Biting Love, #2) by Mary Hughes Biting Me Softly (Biting Love, #3) by Mary Hughes

A very steamy read that most people tend to place at the top of the Erotic bookshelf isBabysitting the Baumgartners. Warning.. some F/F action

message 11: by Desperado (last edited May 03, 2010 02:37PM) (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 822 comments M/M scenes.::Lethal shudders:: I can deal with M/M scenes for the most part bc while reading anal scenes between the h/h, I always unconsciously think its like a M/M scene where the other man got kicked out of bed. Jackie, your the 2nd person who rec'd Shelly Laurentson to me today so I am definitely gonna add her to my TBR shelf. Hughes looks pretty good too.

message 12: by Jacqueline (last edited May 03, 2010 02:40PM) (new)

Jacqueline (jacquelineo) | 64 comments They are both fantastic series and extremely funny, which is so rare in erotic books.

I just thought of another one I would recommend
Rampant by Saskia Walker

A lot of steamy sex and a great storyline. You can't ask for than that.

message 13: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (LethalLovely) | 822 comments OoO. Steamy sex and a great storyline? To the TBR shelf you go,Walker.

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1338 comments I second/third Shelly Laurenston!!! Her books are hilarious, light reads, with awesome Alpha heroes and spunky heroines, and the sex is great:-) Start with The Mane Event:-)