Music You've Just Gotten Into discussion

Favorite bands > Why do you like the band and have they helped you

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SLIM SHADY (new)

SLIM SHADY Gontier (heroesfreak) | 88 comments Mod
This is where you can discuss your deep stuff and how the band has helped your life... I can give an example but I want to wait to see how this goes.

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) Please give exsample becaues I don' t this topic.

message 3: by SLIM SHADY (last edited May 02, 2010 12:32AM) (new)

ok example.. I love Three Days Grace because they have helped me through alot of shit.. most two powerful songs that hit home for me are Never Too Late and Life Starts Now.. as Adam struggled, I struggle now and he is helping me through his music.. I listen to it every day to help me.. i love it so much.. I listen to Never Too Late alot lately because my great grandmother only has 1 more year to live.. and its kinda hard.. so that's why I love the band and thats Adam Gontier and his band's influence on my life. He saved me out of despare.

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Well, Our Lady Peace has helped me...I cant really explain it, but the songs Innocent, Life, and Clumsy really...I dunno, speak to me or something? Especially Life and Innocent. Like, in Life the chorus (cant think of it off the top of my head) is about how much life sucks, but instead of like most songs where they just say life sucks, Our Lady Peace is singing that life sucks but we'll get through it...It only sucks for a while and we'll get past the crap into something better

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) I will have to think about that one .

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Yeah, but with OLP (our lady peace), its not really about like dying and going to heaven and things are all better...more like, you grow up and realize things arent as bad as you thought, that kinda thing...Just listen to Life and Innocent, eapecially together, and you'll see what I mean!

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Ok, lol, just saying, cause some people/bands actually think like that, you know? and understandable, though I do love OLP, hehe.

message 8: by ☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (last edited May 04, 2010 09:10AM) (new)

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) Jenn{OuR lAdY pEaCe LuVa!!!} wrote: "Ok, lol, just saying, cause some people/bands actually think like that, you know? and understandable, though I do love OLP, hehe."

??????????!!!!!!

message 9: by SLIM SHADY (new)

Ok but did you guys not read my example of why three days grace is my all time favorite band? its supposed to be like that.

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) THREE DAYS GRACE FAN wrote: "Ok but did you guys not read my example of why three days grace is my all time favorite band? its supposed to be like that."

Yes I did read your stuff but I don't understand what Jenn{OuR lAdY pEaCe LuVa!!! Is talking about.

message 11: by SLIM SHADY (new)

yeah I'm confused about Jenn to but we can try to get it to not make her feel bad.

message 12: by ☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (last edited May 04, 2010 12:29PM) (new)

☼☺Caylpso☼☺ (oceangirl300) True

message 13: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ A lot of bands/songs have inspired my writing. Mostly a lot of Paramore, Evanescence, etc. :]

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Ok, you said why TDG has helped you and that crap. I gave my little shpeal about OLP. Then Everybody ☤ Lies said something about OLP and what I wrote, so I was answering them. Not that difficult to understand.

message 15: by Anony-miss (last edited May 06, 2010 05:51PM) (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 5 comments HIM .. if anyone's heard of them. They're a Gothic Metal/Love Metal band from Finland, and if it weren't for them, I'd prolly wouldn't be here right now, posting this. A lot of their music is powerful and moving for me, and I'll warn you: a lot of fans including myself have cried to at least one of their songs. Ville Valo is so damn talented, it isn't even funny. I would spend most of my post blabbering about how dreamy/handsome/HAWT/yummy Ville Valo is, but I'll shut up ;) Though, I didn't really like their new album Screamworks: Love In Theory and Practice Chapters 1 - 13. It was too commercial and poppy for me .. blech!

Type O Negative is another one for me. Love their dark, heavy sound that just makes you want to stomp out everything in your path ;) I've had SO many happy memories with these guys and their music.
But I do recall, one day, one of my buddies asking me if I knew about the death of Peter Steele (Type O Negative's lead singer). I was absolutely horrified, shocked, and .. jeez, it was an awful day for metal, music, AND Goth. Let their music live on.

Okay. For the last one, I'll admit, this musician has been pretty inspiring to me. Some would argue he isn't Goth .. I don't really think he is "Gothic" myself, but that's my own opinion .. but never the less, he's an interesting guy. You guessed it. Marilyn Manson. He's not a role model or anything (yikes!) but for a man with a nightmarish past .. and a successful future .. it makes you wonder how much a human can endure and move on.

For smaller things, I think some other songs have really helped me through bad times:
Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park
Clumsy by Our Lady Peace (as mentioned above by some other people -- isn't it a great song?)
Guilty by The Rasmus
Any song by The Ramones makes me happy :D
.. And many more

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Clumsy by Our Lady Peace (as mentioned above by some other people -- isn't it a great song?)

Thank you for that! (not only referencing me, hehe) but also agreeing, it is a great song! OlP is so talented!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

My Favorite Bands

Slipknot
Brokencide
Hollywood undead
My chemical Romance
Bullet for my Valentine
TOkio hotel
BLood On the Dance floor
RIghts of SPring
SecondHand Serenade.

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ MCR AND TOKIO HOTEL! <3 WOOOOT! XD I only sorta know the other ones … lol

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL

message 21: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ hahaha! that was awesome

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Its one of ma Favorite SOngs

message 23: by SLIM SHADY (new)

MCR ROCKS!!!!

message 24: by Jenn (new)

Jenn they're pretty good. not great, but i do love a few of their songs!

message 25: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ MCR IS THE AWESOMEESSSTTTT <3

message 26: by SLIM SHADY (new)

ha ha thank you Brigid for agreeing with me!

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) | 8 comments I like Linkin Park because I've heard pretty much all their songs and most of them leave behing a message of hope.

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura | 25 comments Jenn{OuR lAdY pEaCe LuVa!!!} said "they're pretty good. not great..."
*faints*
i love all their songs! especially the black parade- there isn't a weak song on that album!

message 29: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 17 comments Kiss Your Past Good-bye by Aerosmith- Theres a quite a few things to be learned from that song.
Livin on the Edge- Aerosmith.- I listened to that song non-stop when I would be having bad days with my Mom.

I got diagnosed with ADD. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it had a huge affect on my life. I just felt like I had a disease and it was really just........weird. Anyway, I still struggle with it a lot and music helps me through it.

message 30: by SLIM SHADY (new)

Thank you at least someone gets where I'm going with this.

message 31: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 17 comments Yeah. Music is my therapy.

message 32: by SLIM SHADY (new)

nice...

message 33: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 17 comments Well, it works better then rehab.

message 34: by SLIM SHADY (new)

true.. poor Adam Gontier.. he did drugs and had to go into rehab :( but we wouldn't have One-X though :)