Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Joyce's April Reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Dale | 135 comments I was very busy this month with starting up my new business, but I did manage to get in some excellent reads. Definitely quality over quantity this month!

55 Proof 4/5 - Interesting collection of short stories that I read on my kindle. I like having short stories available that I can pick up when I only have a few minutes to read.

Hunted (House of Night series) 3/5 - Getting close to finishing this series as released to date. This one wasn't bad.

Caught 5/5 - Loved it as usual - HC could write a phone book and I'd read it.

The Spellmans Strike Again (Spellmans series) 5/5 - Loved this series and am sad to see it end. Hopefully she will start something new as her writing is fun and quirky.

Think Twice 5/5 - Very suspenseful, and I liked the way the author bounced between characters. I will admit to being creeped out at the idea of being buried alive!

The Double Comfort Safari Club (The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series) 4/5 - I love reading this series; it's like settling into a comfy chair for a long conversation with an old friend.

Thereby Hangs a Tail (Chet and Bernie series) 4/5 - Another fun and relaxing series to read. Gotta love Chet's POV!

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3638 comments I've promised my niece I'd give the House of Night series another shot. I hated MARKED so much I'm really hesitant to try again, but a promise is a promise.

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Dale | 135 comments Melodie wrote: "I've promised my niece I'd give the House of Night series another shot. I hated MARKED so much I'm really hesitant to try again, but a promise is a promise."

Hopefully you'll like it better the second time around Melodie. I usually end up picking up the books when I want something really mindless...these fit the bill!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14815 comments Joyce:
I loved the first Spellman book and have the rest to look forward to but understand hating to see the series end!
Joyce wrote: "The Spellmans Strike Again (Spellmans series) 5/5 - Loved this series and am sad to see it end. Hopefully she will start something new as her writing is fun and quirky. ."

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments Joyce, I enjoyed the Spellman series too. I did like how she wrapped some of it up. I agree...love Coben...

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments There is an article about Lisa Lutz in the issue of Mystery Scene magazine that just came out. There may very well be a #5.

message 7: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Dale | 135 comments Cheryl wrote: "There is an article about Lisa Lutz in the issue of Mystery Scene magazine that just came out. There may very well be a #5."

Good to know!!