CT Readers discussion

Willimantic Book Club

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Would anyone be interested in joining a book club based in Willimantic?

Just trying to get an idea right now - have a spot in mind and it would be nice to meet fellow local book lovers.

message 2: by Marc (new)

Marc A. | 11 comments Yes, depending on day & time of our meetings. Pretty full schedule, but willing to make room in my calendar.

message 3: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Great to hear Marc - I'm in love with the 'new' Cafemantic and though it would be the perfect setting for a book club.

message 4: by Marc (new)

Marc A. | 11 comments Definitely. Seems like the perfect place.

message 5: by Marc (new)

Marc A. | 11 comments Any idea on a date/time?

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Hey Marc!
I haven't really as I was thinking about the possibility of making a MeetUp page to get more people interested.

My initial thought would be to do some weeknight evening but I would love to hear other people's thoughts.

I know the cafe mgr. so clearing it with her will be no problem.

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Scratch that idea - there is a fee of $12.00/mo to host on Meetup.com and well I'm a poor college student :)

message 8: by Loucindy (new)

Loucindy | 5 comments It really is surprising how much Meetup charges moderators...

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I would be interested in meeting for a book club as well.

message 9: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasonct) | 36 comments Hmm I may just bite the bullet and try as I really would love to meet with fellow readers in the area.

Stay tuned :)