Ladies who love Laurell discussion

Richard

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tippytoegts (new)

Tippytoegts | 16 comments Am I the only one that wants to smack him in the head a few times? Every time he comes in the story line he makes situations worse. I don't understand why he can't accept the world that he lives in. He needs to get it together.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather (smileyhair) | 6 comments I totally 100% agree! Either richard needs to change or Anita needs to let him go. He is always such a downer... Did you read blood noir? What did you think of the new Tiger???

message 3: by Tippytoegts (new)

Tippytoegts | 16 comments Anita can't let go of Richard since they need him since he is the third link. Of course I read Blood Noir! I don't know how I feel about the new Tiger. I thought he was a bada** until he got bespelled by Anita.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (mansiongal) | 8 comments So we don't spoil Blood Noir for those who haven't received/read it yet...
SPOILER AHEAD.
I completely agree about Richard. Although he brought some valuable information when he got to the hotel, his issues nearly caused more problems than helped when he tried to vamp Anita (on purpose or by accident??). I'm worried about the white tiger, Crispin, just because he's so da@# young and bespelled now?! I think the red tiger might be a worthy addition, but the last thing she needs is another in-the-closet were. I'm glad to see Jason getting more action and being her wolf to call. I'm seeing Richard get pushed out of this triumvirate picture: Jason is JC's pomme de sang and now Anita's wolf to call.

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 71 comments I don't want to just smack Richard I want to full out roundhouse kick him in the head with a big ass pair of steel toed combat boots! I admit that his character keeps things annoyingly interesting, but DAMN!!!

message 6: by Tippytoegts (new)

Tippytoegts | 16 comments Jessie,
I have to agree with you. What would the storyline be without Richard annoying behind.

message 7: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Oh Richard how you annoy me sometimes. I hope he can be a little better now that Anita has taken back some of her anger. I think that was really screwing him up for a while. Oh by the way guys I work at Borders and Blood Noir is #1 on the best sellers list. Yay! I don't know why I feel all proud when that happens. It's not like I wrote it. Yay Laurell!

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Mary brought up in another thread about someone else maybe needing to be ulfric. Richard has boo coo power and huge ties to jean claude so I doubt if his rein as ulfric would ever be chalenged plus he will never be as bad as raina and Malcom(is that his name I can't remember) anywho despite his never not being ulfric Richard does seem to struggle with his ulfric duties at times. Plus he is a little crazy. Who do we think would make a better ulfric. Possibly Jamil maybe or Shang da or maybe sylvie. Or could Anita be Ulfric hmmm I wonder.

message 9: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
crap Malcom is the leader of the vampire church. Hmmm what is that guys name its on the tip of my tounge.

message 10: by Cat Singh (last edited Jun 06, 2008 11:54AM) (new)

Cat Singh | 202 comments Marcus

I don't think they'd let Anita be Ulfric, or rather, i don't think Richard would ever letthat happen.I actually think Richard is doing ok as Ulfric. I think he just needs to gets his own issues together. I just don't see anyone else as bringing as much to the pack as he can.

message 11: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
Marcus well damn I had the m name right. Yep Richard totally needs to get his crap together do you think now that he has the arduer he will get better or worse. Do you think Anita took enough anger from him?

message 12: by Acg2003 (new)

Acg2003 | 24 comments What's so sad is that I used to like Richard (and there's a small part of me that still does). I hope Anita taking back some of her anger will help, but I don't hold my breath.

I would love to see him get his crap together, but a part of me can't help wondering if it wouldn't help if Anita "helped" him out a bit too. I mean....why is he the one who always has to compromise? Why does everyone have to bend to Anita's will?

Don't get me wrong...I understand the need of Anita being the "focus" of the story, which is why it's this way.......but sometimes, I just feel that it has to be her way or no way and that doesn't always seem fair to everyone else.

message 13: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 71 comments Sorry, but I have to disagree with you Acg2003, Anita has changed DRAMTICALLY from the person she was. She has had to become many things she always hated for the better of all the packs and such. She has done nothing but compromise since becoming JC's servant and part of 2 triumverants. The difference is she just acknowledges now that she needs to accept things as they are and do what needs to be done....

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather (fantasy_mom) | 28 comments I agree with Jessie... I think Anita has definitely met Richard half-way in a lot of things. And she's the one who is trying very hard to be realistic and actually "live" in her life. Richard is still hoping that everything will change and go back to his idea of "normal". Don't get me wrong... I loved Richard at first... but as long as he keeps slamming his forehead against reality, I can't scrounge up much sympathy for him.

message 15: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 71 comments Exactly Heather. When they were first dating Anita freaked out when he changed form on top of her. He already had a hard time dealing with the fact he was a "monster" Slowly Anita grew into all of her new roles in the crazy life she created, now she not only accepts her own "monsters" but others as well. I think she has done a lot more bending over backwards for everyone else. Remember...they were all shifters or vamps already. She was always just a necromancer and now is all these other things wrapped up a nice pretty little supernatural being.

message 16: by Acg2003 (new)

Acg2003 | 24 comments I understand what y'all are sayin' and I agree with it. I know that that Anita has changed and done things that she would have never dreamed of having to do. I don't know. It just seams like Richard has a hard time with it and whenever he seems to be willing to try, there seems to be another issue that he's somewhat blindsided with (like with the additional triumverants & the arduer. I can't help but feel that Anita could help with that, because he doesn't seem to be able to just accept it and be done with it.

I just really hope he gets his crap together, because I actually like him. Not as much as JC mind you, but I like him and I just feel bad for him sometimes.

message 17: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb I HATE Richard! I honestly don’t know why Hamilton keeps him around, he should have left a long time ago; right after Anita picked Jean Claude. I think Anita and Richard should end up having a fight to the death; Richards death of course =).

message 18: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
I don't want Richard to die. It would absolutely kill Anita if he died. I agree he needs a big kick in the pants, but I don't want him to die. He's gone through so much (granted alot of it his own fault) he doesn't deserve to die. I think he is getting better though I think there might be some hope for him eventually. We'll see in the next book.

message 19: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb I think he causes too much stress and drama in everyones life and that people would be better without him. Maybe Hamilton should just have him leave or something and just never return. Or a happy ending where he finds the normal human life he wants.

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments You know I don't think he ever could have the normal life....not as Ulfric at least. Maybe if he found a human wife would accept him for who and what (with the picket fence and all that junk) he would not hate himself so much. Just a thought.

message 21: by Phoebebb (new)

Phoebebb You'd think that but Anita accepted him for who he was and it made him disrespect her in a way. He needs to just get over himself and accept who he is as Anita has told him over a thousand times lol.

message 22: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 191 comments Mod
The problem with richard is that he feels guilty by accepting who he is. He thinks he is a monster and if he becomes comfrotable with that he considers himself more of a monster. I honestly don't see Richard being able to be with anyone other than Anita. Anita has put up with stuff from Richard that I don't see any other person being able to put up with. Now that Richard is going to be suffering from a type of arduer like Anita has. He is going to be able to see what she had to deal with a little more, and I really do think that Richard is slowly starting to get better, and now that Anita can feed her Ardeur with Anger. She can really feed off Richard now, and take some of that Anger away. I think that it's going to make the situation better for everyone.

message 23: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (kris84) | 2 comments I liked this book alot, Anita's relationship with Jason grew stronger and they seem to understand each other quite well but as you all pointed out some things were missing. There was not enough JC i missed him bunches. I was happy to see Richard be released of all the anger but then to have the arduer thrown at him I feel sorry for Richard I really liked him at first and then he had to get all whiny and possesive, I want the old Richard back so badly. It was kinda slow at first and I felt there could have been more in depth story to the whole Jason/Governors son thing. But I am not trying to complain, as I love all of Laurell's work and wait ever so impatiently for the next.