The Notebook The Notebook discussion

this is called Never ending Love

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evrodina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Evrodina this book is suitable for anyone who has their couple, maybe newlyweeds, or couple that had a marriage for a long time.
Noah showed that his love is a never ending love to his wife,

Greer i loved this book (even though it is a knock off of romeo and juliet) i think that is makes us all want to go out and find our "Noah". you can feel noah and allies love spilling out of the pages form the very start.

Michael I actually loved the movie better than the book, which is rare.

Melissa I cried, both reading the book and watching the movie. I felt so bad for them!

Althea BEST book ever<333

Kristie One of my favorites ever. My husband and I have been seperated for eight years. We are just now getting our family back together and the thought of Noah and Allie always cross my mind. Great book!

Kylie This was one of the best books i have ever read! I hope everybody will find their "Noah" in life.

Jaykumar B it was moving, simple yet potent

message 9: by Lucille (new)

Lucille Touching book. Very moving indeed.

But I was moved more with A Walk To Remember.

message 10: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Michael wrote: "I actually loved the movie better than the book, which is rare."

Same here. I liked how the movie expanded on their teenage summer together rather than just focusing on their reunion.

message 11: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina Greer wrote: "i loved this book (even though it is a knock off of romeo and juliet) i think that is makes us all want to go out and find our "Noah". you can feel noah and allies love spilling out of the pages fo..."

i dont see how this is a knock off of romeo and juliet. not to put your opinion down, but in romeo and juliet, he killed himself because he thought that she had killed herself... but she was really asleep, so when she awoke, and saw him dead, she stabbed herself with a knife... also, they were like 14 and 17 years old... in the notebook, they grew old together and died together in each others arms... it has some similarity where when they were young they couldn't be together because of family, but other than that, i don't think "The Notebook" is a knock off. it is a beautiful love story that i can only wish to have.

Tamarra Lucille wrote: "Touching book. Very moving indeed.

But I was moved more with A Walk To Remember."

I also agree that it wasn't as moving. I think because Allie and Noah still had each other in some sort of way, it was more devestating at the thought of Landon losing Jamie because you wanted them to be together. I enjoyed both books though and the movies for both of them.

Valerie I should not have seen the movie first. I disliked the characters in the movie so much, to the point of repulsion that it ruined the book for me. Usually I like to watch the movie first but this time it didn't work.

message 14: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Apr 30, 2012 07:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I actually saw the movie first then read the book. I cried thru both the movie and the book. For me, the book was better even though I liked the movie too. As for A Walk to Remember, the movie was better than the book for me. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Ashley Smith I loved this book. I read it in one day. I could not put it down. When Noah had the heart attack ( i belive) I just knew who had died. But thank goodness he hadn't. It was such a touching story and makes you want to belive that there is love like that out there. I feel like I've found my Noah.

Sheri Tamarra wrote: "Lucille wrote: "Touching book. Very moving indeed.

But I was moved more with A Walk To Remember."

I also agree that it wasn't as moving. I think because Allie and Noah still had each other in..."

read his latest best of me and it was a good love story but with a twist at the end unusual for sparks but it made the book good to the last page. I recommend to any sparks readers.

Sadie Loved this book, but I happened to Love The Wedding more :)

Jacqueline I cryed so much during this book!
I love it! Nicholas Sparks is one of the best authors on this earth!!

Maritess It is the best of Nicholas Sparks.

Jacqueline Maritess wrote: "It is the best of Nicholas Sparks."

Agreed!!

Taylor This is definitely my favorite movie and book!

Menna Abdel-bassir just two words " how touching " <3

Ronnie A good read. Enjoyed the story and was a nice break from my normal fare.

Karen I really enjoyed the movie. I saw it first then tried to read the book, but I couldn't get into it. I think knowing the story and how it ended ruined the book for me. But the movie was really good.

Angie Elle Karen wrote: "I really enjoyed the movie. I saw it first then tried to read the book, but I couldn't get into it. I think knowing the story and how it ended ruined the book for me. But the movie was really good."

The movie was the only thing that saved the book for me! I had tried to read it several times because it got rave reviews, but I just couldn't get into it.

The only reason I was able to read it was because there was a scene in the movie that I wanted clarification on.

I've always loved reading romance novels, but this one just missed the mark for me. Though I did love the movie. I thought Ryan Gosling made an excellent Noah.

Joann(san diego shutterbug) i had to throw the friend card on the table last night cause i told one of my friends "you call yourself a friend of mine and you havent watched the notebook. Friend card on the in pieces" she promised she would watch it heheheh

Shivani Love--for them for any reason will never end ..they still together in heaven bathing in love..