Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Help! I Need An Intervention > Talk About Your Bad Boy-Heathcliff

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy Anne (last edited Apr 29, 2010 08:43PM) (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Wuthering Heights
I had to read this in High School a few yrs back and hated it.I had to read it in Collage a couple yrs ago and.. meh
Then it started sneaking up on me and I had to reread it-BAD !...Now I am obssesed with the darn thing,I think it`s probably the best book written in the romance genre(Ducking the tomatoes)And last night finished watching the second part on PBS.It stayed pretty true to the book except *Spoiler*the parts where the main characters die,they finished them off quick instead of letting them linger and the guy who was Heathcliff was too young IMHO for the part.
Other than that I was really satisfied and would watch it again right away .I just thought that if you were like me in school where all of us hated it ,it`s really worth an Adult read.

message 2: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED (and I can't stress this enough) Wuthering Heights when I read it in grade 12. The book just killed me and I bawled buckets. Now there's a love story that will just strip your soul. It's one of those haunting reads that just stays with you. I've been debating about giving it a reread as an adult...

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9734 comments Mod
A friend on here convinced me to read it. Plus, I want to read all the Brontes.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (jencroup) I have to say that I agree with you Kathy Ann it it the best written book in the romance genre.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim (brwneyednurs) | 2 comments I absolutely love Wuthering Heights...a dark brooding hero, a bleak, wild setting :) They just don't write 'em like this anymore!

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) I always hated that book. I had to read it at least 3 times. :(

*Runs and ducks for cover*

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen (jencroup) I think I might pick it up and re-read it!! It will always be a favorite of mine

message 8: by Gloria (new)

Gloria  Jackson (PlanetQueen72) I love Heathcliff!!!! He's amazing! And Wuthering Heights is incredible, if a bit of a difficult read.

But I still have nightmares about my 10th grade teacher knocking on my bedroom window demanding "Coursework"......*shivers* Spooky.

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Hyatt-James (sandyhyatt-james) Heathcliff is one of the most prominent characters in romance literature. I loved the way he was strong enough to go away and make his fortune before returning.
Cathy, on the other hand, always annoyed me, for marrying a man she didn't love, just for the sake of status. It's a great book and I wonder how Emily Bronte conjured up such a story, when you consider that she and her siblings hardly ever left the parsonage, where they grew up.

Sabine Dolls

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen (jencroup) Sandy I completely agree about Cathy!!! I hated her

Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sabine Dolls (other topics)