Percy and the Olympians #1 FANS discussion

Red Pyramid??? New series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 182 (182 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Karis (new)

Karis (alohakaris) | 15 comments I just found out borders is releasing the new series! "Red Pyramid". What are you thoughts? It's Egyptian. It sounds fun so far, but will it be too similar? Your thoughts please.

message 2: by Allen (new)

Allen (allennarita) | 3 comments who writes it

message 3: by Karis (last edited Apr 29, 2010 05:17PM) (new)

Karis (alohakaris) | 15 comments Allen wrote: "who writes it"

Same author of PJ. I know it isn't relevant, but I thought it would spark up good conversation about all the series he has written. Sorry if I shouldn't have put it here.

message 4: by nicki (new)

nicki moeller (teamgale) | 12 comments no... thats what this thingi is for..
I might look into that one...

message 5: by Allen (new)

Allen (allennarita) | 3 comments HI

message 6: by nicki (new)

nicki moeller (teamgale) | 12 comments hi......

message 7: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Well, I think it will be interesting (I plan to buy it) but I am more excited for "The Lost Hero." And since this group is about PJ, shouldn't we presume that most of the books we talk about are by RR?

message 8: by nicki (new)

nicki moeller (teamgale) | 12 comments well the R.P. series is by RR.

message 9: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Yes, I know. But the group name has "Percy Jackson" in it, so if we bring up a book, it must have some kind of connection to PJ in it. hmmm...If you don't get what I'm saying, it's ok. I'm confusing myself a little. If I don't make sense, forget about it.

message 10: by Karis (new)

Karis (alohakaris) | 15 comments I put this up because I wondered if anyone else was worried if it would delay the next Camp Halfblood series. If he does 2 series at once, what will happen? I am pretty sure he is still going to do the CH series though, sometime.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I am rather anxious for the CH series to come out, but I'm sure that RR will get around to everything in time.

message 12: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Oh! I just got The Red Pyramid today for my birthday! I'm on page 71 and really like it so far. It's funny because one of the characters mentions something about not living in Manhattan and the other replys about not going there because of "other gods."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm....interesting. I'll have to get it. SOON.

message 14: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabelsong) | 412 comments haha can't wait to read The Red Pyramid from the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan!!!
and i absolutely cant wait until the next Olympian series comes out in the fall!!!
EEEEP!!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

There's another Olympian series?? SWEET!

message 16: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabelsong) | 412 comments yea, theres another camp half blood series he's writing, there's a discussion for it on this group

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments I GOT THE RED PYRAMID!1 It's awesome. It is TOO similar, though. same location, Gods, Magical creatures... It is a styory told by a brother and a sister.

So, for two chapters, it is Carter, and for the next two chapters, it is the sister. Get it?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Isabel- Percabeth 4eva! wrote: "yea, theres another camp half blood series he's writing, there's a discussion for it on this group"

Oh yeah! CH! I must've registered it wrong when I saw "Olympian". Oops!

message 19: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabelsong) | 412 comments ahh, yea, that probably could've confused you.

dont tell me anything about the red pyramid b/c i want to read it!

message 20: by Carly (new)

Carly (carlybass) I'm planning to go get that book soon and read it! :D

message 21: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (isabelsong) | 412 comments o yea!

message 22: by Sofia (new)

Sofia I just finished the Red Pyramid! I won't give anything away, but it was really good. And, Selena, it isn't TOO similar. Yes, there is some things that are kinda the same, but hey, it's the same author.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Touche.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments Sofia wrote: "I just finished the Red Pyramid! I won't give anything away, but it was really good. And, Selena, it isn't TOO similar. Yes, there is some things that are kinda the same, but hey, it's the same aut..."

LOL. but, still. it is very similar.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

im reading the read pyramid

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanna read it SOOO bad

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

im on p 52

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice! Is it a real page turner?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

GODS, YES!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

lol. SWEET!

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments It is amazing. xDD

I'm finished. It's wondeful. I hope Rick Riordan doesn't abandon caarer and Sadie, because I like them.. And, i also love Anubis x Sadie xDD

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

That comment makes me even MORE anxious to read it and find out who those characters actually ARE. :D

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments I have a lot of book crushes. No one in PJO, though.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm...I don't have any. But I do kinda sometimes wish that I WERE a certain character or a mixture of several. But of course that'll never happen, darn it!

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments I know, right? But, i love Anubis!! <333

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments I lke how two people are tleiing the story

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm. Like double first person? Or more like commentary?

message 38: by Sofia (new)

Sofia ♫♥Selena♥♫ wrote: "I know, right? But, i love Anubis!! <333"

:P I like him too but my heart belongs to percy! ;)

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments No. Percy is taken. anubis is awesomely awesome sauce.

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments Olive wrote: "Hmmm. Like double first person? Or more like commentary?"

It switches

message 41: by Sofia (new)

Sofia ♫♥Selena♥♫ wrote: "No. Percy is taken. anubis is awesomely awesome sauce."

Well, if you must insist, I think Anubis... :) I can't give away info to other people.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

♫♥Selena♥♫ wrote: "Olive wrote: "Hmmm. Like double first person? Or more like commentary?"

It switches"

kk. thanks! :)

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments Sofia wrote: "♫♥Selena♥♫ wrote: "No. Percy is taken. anubis is awesomely awesome sauce."

Well, if you must insist, I think Anubis... :) I can't give away info to other people."

He's AMAZING!! <333

He seems cute, and.. i like rebels. He seems amazing Personality wise!

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments Olive wrote: "♫♥Selena♥♫ wrote: "Olive wrote: "Hmmm. Like double first person? Or more like commentary?"

It switches"

kk. thanks! :)"

No prob

message 45: by ♫♥Selena♥♫ (last edited May 13, 2010 08:37PM) (new)

♫♥Selena♥♫ (wertyiu102) | 163 comments Quote: "And this is the east shore?" Sadie asked. "You said something about that in London--my grandparents living on the east shore."
Amos smiled. "Yes. Very good, Sadie. In ancient times, the east bank of the Nile was always the side of the living, the side where the sun rises. The dead were buried west of the river. It was considered bad luck, even dangerous, to live there. The tradition is still strong among... our people."
"Our people?" I asked, but Sadie muscled in with another question.
"So you can't live in Manhattan?" she asked.
Amos's brow furrowed as he looked across at the Empire State Building. "Manhattan has other problems. Other gods. It's best we stay separate."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool!

message 47: by Hannah (new)

Hannah The Red Pyramid is AWESOME! I am reading it right now. The series is sort of similar to PJ, except it is egyptian mythology instead. It does briefly mention Percy Jackson. Here's an excerpt:

"So you can't live in Manhattan?" she asked
Amos's brow furrowed as he looked across at the Empire State Building. "Manhattan has other problems. Other gods. It's best we stay separate."

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

iknow. im reading it right now, and its EPIC!@!!

message 49: by Sofia (new)

Sofia ♫♥Selena♥♫ wrote: "Quote: "And this is the east shore?" Sadie asked. "You said something about that in London--my grandparents living on the east shore."
Amos smiled. "Yes. Very good, Sadie. In ancient times, the e..."

:) I like that quote. I just didn't feel like writing it all out.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

so do I but I prefer this one:

"So you can't live in Manhattan?" she asked

« previous 1 3 4