Young Christian Writers discussion

Writing exercise!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Redwallcrazy, Complete Ruler of all Awesomeness!!! (last edited Apr 30, 2010 07:24PM) (new)

Redwallcrazy (redwallcrazybigkotfan) | 158 comments Mod
Okay, here's what you do. You are in a spaceship and something has happened. You must make a report to head-quarters but your messaging device has been damaged and you can only get ten words through. Make your report in those ten words. Then you have a journal in which you can write the day's advents with no fear of anyone discovering your true feelings. It make sure of this, you will burn the paper after you write it. Take ten minutes (or less if you don't have that much time) and write as much as you can about what happened that day.

Okay, here's the catch. You must start you're journal with It was a long and...
Now, before you start, chose a number between one and ten. Don't cheat by looking at the answers beforehand. Once you chosen your number look at the following.
1. A major tremor shook the ship
2. I was laid down low
3. There was a grand explosion
4. The typhoon winds...
5. Somewhat delierious
6. Alarms were everwhere
7. I could tell something wasn't right
8. Cascading power
9. Monstrous size
10. There were no eyewitness

Once you've picked your number look about to see what you picked and you HAVE to use that phrase in your work. Have fun!!!!

message 2: by Robyn, Embracer of All things Weird (last edited Apr 30, 2010 08:47PM) (new)

Robyn S. (thunderscape-7) | 138 comments Mod
10 Words: The Ship is under attack Engineering needs help and repair.

It was a long and frustrating day when my messaging device broke and a major tremor shook the ship. I couldn't get anywhere because the ship was shaking sending everything flying around the room. I couldn't concentrate and I was discombobulated when another crew member walked into the room. He was have falling over when he told me the ship was under attack and that we had to make it to engineering because they needed more people. So, wobbly and half running into the walls, we swiftly made it to engineering where we were able to help the head of the Engineering bay get the ship under control and help defeat our attackers.

So, I had less than ten minutes to do this, but it was so fun looking I had to do it. So it may be rough, but it was so much fun!! Now you must do this next *jedi mind trick* You will do this activity You wiiiiilllllll.

message 3: by Redwallcrazy, Complete Ruler of all Awesomeness!!! (last edited Apr 30, 2010 07:24PM) (new)

Robyn wrote: "It all began when my messaging device broke and a major tremor shook the ship. I couldn't get anywhere because the ship was shaking sending everything flying around the room. I couldn't concentra..."

Great Job, Robyn. The only thing I notice was you forgot your ten words, lol. But that's okay. I'll show you mine once I figure out where I put it. Can't ever remember where I put things, lol. Oops, and I miessed it up, I'm sorry. It actually says to start it with After a long and ... I'll change that. Sorry, Rob!

message 4: by Redwallcrazy, Complete Ruler of all Awesomeness!!! (new)

Okay, here's mine!!!

My ten words: Malfunction of computer caused our ship to collide with another.

After a long and very frustrating day, I finally have time to write and voice my thoughts. Things seemed ti have gone wrong since the beginning. Lights flickering, water tasting sour, and other things that were supposedly suppose to be controlled by the computer. I should have suspected something then, but being the fool I was, I wrote it off as a minor glitch. Aboard the U.s.s.s Star Gazer things were suppose to go perfectly, so why should I worry?
But the trouble started when I was called urgently to the Command Deck. Somewhat delirious I stood to attention in front of the Sargent, wondering why he had called me up here at this time of the day, during my break too! That never happened.
"We have a problem." He said in his snobby way when he knew something I did not. "Our computers quit,"
"What?" I had asked.
"They are no longer working," he said and his voice shook. "Correctly, anyway. For some odd reason they have changed our direction and now we are on a trade route that is bound to collide with the U.S.S Sparking Duff "
I cursed under my breath as the Sargent said, "And you, my lad, are going to fix it."
Great......

And there it is. That is ten minutes. Your turn!

message 5: by Robyn, Embracer of All things Weird (last edited May 01, 2010 05:20AM) (new)

Okay, thanks for the reminder Red, I fixed it and added my 10 words. love your story!!

message 6: by Redwallcrazy, Complete Ruler of all Awesomeness!!! (new)

Nice Rob!!!! I love it!!! Though, remember, you can't call me by that name on here. It's Redwall, or Red, please. I can get in trouble if my real name is given out. Lol, could you please change that next time your on? Thanks!

message 7: by Robyn, Embracer of All things Weird (new)

Yeppers I'll go onto that. Changing posts....AWAY!

message 8: by Redwallcrazy, Complete Ruler of all Awesomeness!!! (new)

Thank you soooo much,Rob!!! I really appreciate it! You're the best, and you know it.

message 9: by Robyn, Embracer of All things Weird (new)

You welcome Red, awwwwww really?? *blush* Aww your sweet HUG ATTACK!!!!

message 10: by Redwallcrazy, Complete Ruler of all Awesomeness!!! (new)

Ahhhhhh!!!!!! Lol!

message 11: by Robyn, Embracer of All things Weird (new)

hehehe