Obsessed with vampires (: discussion

Vampires > Twilight saga

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I really liked this series, although i read it more for the romance, it did not have the action element of most vampire books...

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 385 comments Mod
I used to love it, but now I'm quite sick of it. There are so many bette vampire books out there I don't know why this one's getting so much publicity and fans.

message 3: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i dont really think of it as a vampire series, just a really beautiful romance story. but vampire do not sparkle, okaiexz?! vampire i like r suppose to be bad ass! like more like damon from TVD. i like that kind of story when they r bad ass and there lots of action. but still wit the romance somewhere in there.

but when i read the twilight series i really loved it and couldn't stop reading. i think before i always grabbed a twilight book and skimmed through bookmarking my favorites scenes in there and looked through it almost everyday but im not as obsessed wit it as i used to be.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Mariya wrote: "i dont really think of it as a vampire series, just a really beautiful romance story. but vampire do not sparkle, okaiexz?! vampire i like r suppose to be bad ass! like more like damon from TVD. i ..."

ikr i used to that. I agree with what you said, as i am currently in love with Damon (: i used to love twilight, but i think it was more of a romance than anything else, but i think it was a good book

message 5: by Catherine (last edited Apr 29, 2010 12:50PM) (new)

I guess it's because we're older and after reading so many more vampire books we realise that Twilight's pretty crappy in the vampire action and can't really be counted in that genre.

Also, I've had a couple of years since it came out to think about how Bella and Edward's relationship/romance isn't really as perfect Stephenie Meyer tries to make out it is.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Catherine wrote: "I guess it's because we're older and after reading so many more vampire books we realise that Twilight's pretty crappy in the vampire action and can't really be counted in that genre.

Also, I've..."

yeah. I read it quite a while before it came out.... so i guess thats why to me the book will always be better (:

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Deliciously Evil Half Breed (mwuahaha) (Ang) wrote: "Love the books, definitely more for the romance than the vampire part. Because lets face it, as indestructible as they were, somehow the whole sparkly part just diminishes the vampire character. Th..."

i totally agree with you, wow like 1000%! Twilight was the first Vamp kinda book i read, and after that i fell in love with them. And i too loved the Bella and edward thing, right from the beginning!

message 8: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi (joit) I love the twilight books, I'm addicted to it and then after reading the last book (which actually disappointing, I loathe breaking dawn) I'm like hungry for more vampire stories and then I've read the Vampire Academy and then I realized that that was better than twilight.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

lol, i didnt really like breaking dawn either, my favourite book was eclipse. What was your favourite book?

message 10: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi (joit) Yeah eclipse too, twilight and new moon are tied at second place

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i didnt lik new moon, edward wasnt in it :/

message 12: by Stacie (new)

Stacie | 9 comments I agree new moons my least fav. Book of the series cause Edwards not in it but I love the series!!

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Breaking Dawn was my least fav, but I liked New Moon when I still liked the series because I was Team Jacob!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

really? omg i really really hate jacob!!!!

message 15: by Catherine (new)

I used to really, really like him! And I felt really sorry for him for the way Bella was treating him, I'm glad she didn't choose him because he deserves someone better!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

looool i hate him, i always wanted her and edward to be together! (:

message 17: by Catherine (new)

I find it creepy, lol! There's just something about a teenage boy imprinting with a baby...I know it's nothing sexual at the moment but just knowing there will be creeps me out. And the fact that he used to be in love with Bella. But other than that, I really like Jacob and it's better than him being with Leah.

message 18: by Catherine (new)

No, I didn't like Leah either. I understand why she would be bitter, but I didn't like how she took it out on everyone else and had to make everyone miserable with her. She doesn't have a nice personality.
I think Jacob just has to keep phasing because that's what stops them from aging isn't it? I can't really remember all the details because it's been ages since I've read it, but I think if they stop phasing they'll age normally, so as long as Jacob doesn't stop he'll be able to live as long as he wants.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

lol i cant remember either! btw i finished shadow souls (:

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Marissa wrote: "love twilight"

me too (:

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 31 comments Cristal wrote: "Marissa wrote: "love twilight"

me too (:"

:)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

lol! (: whats everyones favourite book out of the saga?!

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 31 comments mine is breaking dawn, then new moon, eclipse, twilight

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Harris | 14 comments My favorite is Eclipse.

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Harris | 14 comments the only part of breaking dawn that i liked was that jacob got to tell his side of the story. But the rest of it just got on my nerves. The let down at the end, Bella being just too good at being a vampire. I felt like the author just got tired of the series and quit on it.

The thing that I really like about Eclipse (other than the fight scene) was the humor. I laughed a lot while reading that book.

message 27: by Catherine (new)

I agree. I thought Breaking Dawn's ending was too perfect and I didn't like the Jacob and Renesme thing at all. But if I had to pick then Eclipse was probably the one I liked the best in the series because there was a battle, and as Lisa said there were some parts that were quite funny.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Catherine wrote: "I agree. I thought Breaking Dawn's ending was too perfect and I didn't like the Jacob and Renesme thing at all. But if I had to pick then Eclipse was probably the one I liked the best in the series..."

Yeah i thought breaking dawn was so serious with her getting married and having a baby at what? 18, 19?!

message 29: by Catherine (last edited Jun 28, 2010 01:58PM) (new)

I thought Bella changed too much, too quickly. I know getting changed into a vampire is a pretty big thing, but I thought she acted like a completey different person.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Catherine wrote: "I thought Bella changed too much, too quickly. I know getting changed into a vampire is a pretty big thing, but I thought she acted like a completey different person."

Yeah i agree (:

message 31: by Baneen (new)

Baneen Bella totally sucks. And Edward is so gorgeous. His all over protectiveness is soooooooooo sexy!

message 32: by Tatum Sparkles (new)

Tatum Sparkles After bella showed up at the volturi in new moon-that movie became bad!NO ONE IN THE MOVIE THETRE WAS GLAD HAVING TO SEE EDWARDS,bad, ABS!

message 33: by Baneen (new)

Baneen lol:)OMG! I can't believe I said something nice about Edward in 40th post!

message 34: by Tatum Sparkles (new)

Tatum Sparkles lol-im sowwy but Edward's hair is totally screwed up!I would say more but...it's not even worth discussing how horrid his air is.

message 35: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (biancaast) Well, I have to admit that when I first read the series I liked it. I still like the first book but I hated Breaking Dawn. I mean, what's the fun?! She is a vampire, he is a vampire. So what? It was nice when she was human and it was kinda like forbidden love, but after a while it got boring. He loved her and she loved him back and so on.
When I got to New Moon, Eclipse or Breaking Dawn I started to realize that I didn't like Bella that much and I started to love Leah, Alice and Nessie.
But whenever I read the first volume I can't help but love the book and the whole love story between Edward and Bella. However I think that it sucked as a series of books and it would have been a better book with just one volume, although it wouldn't have been that famous.
I know some don't agree but it's just my POV.

message 36: by Tatum Sparkles (new)

Tatum Sparkles i agree with you-bella started becoming kinda needy and clingy and the forbidden love thign started getting old too

message 37: by Baneen (new)

Baneen ditto. n i liked leah n alice too. they at least had some life in them n thght bout thing other than their 100 year old boy friends! leah's character was the only realistic character in the book.

message 38: by Tatum Sparkles (new)

Tatum Sparkles I know!Alice was in there too but she became less important

message 39: by Baneen (new)

Baneen yeah........but she was too perfect.

message 40: by IslaRose (new)

IslaRose (terrorizeallhumans) | 7 comments Bella was a whiny,self absorbed, bratty little b**** who did nothing for herself but use others to get what she wanted. "Edward, Edward, save me!!!" was her battlecry throughout the entire series. The star crossed lover crap was really old. Been there, done that, now move on. I mean seriously. And Edward, the hurting, wounded, brooding vampire is an over possesive freak. I mean, in Eclipse (the book) he freakin took apart somthing on her car just so she wouldnt go see Jacob!!!!!!!! Jelous much??????

message 41: by Baneen (new)

Baneen OMG! That opinion? That makes two of us:D

message 42: by Catherine (new)

Islarose wrote: "Edward, Edward, save me!!!" was her battlecry throughout the entire series. ..."

Hilarious! But I agree, Edward was a bit of a freak. He broke into her house to watch her sleep when they weren't even going out. What a pervert!

message 43: by Baneen (new)

Baneen exactly. and she, in the end, was pleased!

message 44: by Tatum Sparkles (new)

Tatum Sparkles I KNOW!!!Bella is a ****(im sure you know what I blocked out)I mean she was all "shy" but its a lie!!!

message 45: by Baneen (new)

Baneen ikr!

message 46: by Tatum Sparkles (new)

Tatum Sparkles totally it makes me mad!

message 47: by Baneen (new)

Baneen i really hate edward. he's all so pathetically over-protective and such a jealous guy!

message 48: by Catherine (new)

I think he tries too hard to be a gentlemen. I don't know why people always go on about how selfless both Bella and Edward is, I thnk they're both selfish.

message 49: by Baneen (new)

Baneen Yeah and in eclipse Bella was really weird. I mean forcing a guy to sleep with her? That's weird.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, I really loved this series. Read the first three in about... three days. Yes. (This was before the Twilight craze and the movies when everyone started to love Robert Pattinson. For me, the movie was like a parody, but I did have fun watching it.) After a while I started to wonder why I liked it? It didn't seem as good afterwards. Then I re-read it before each movie and I was lost again. But everytime I'd stopped reading, I just keep getting back to how they aren't really that good. But apparently I do think so while reading. Haha. I don't know. I do know that it might not be the best book every written, but still, there's something that makes me stick with it.

I don't have any problem with people making fun of it - it's usually pretty fun. But I don't think people who haven't even read it should judge everyone who has. I know a lot of people who keeps complaining about sparkling vampires and how bad Meyer's writing is and that Edward is a creepy stalker - who haven't even picked a book up and refuse to watch the movie? Seriously, how can one give an honest opinion on something they haven't even read? Oh well. I did like that Meyer went with her own idea though. Even if most people don't appreciate the sparkling vampires. ;)

« previous 1