MTT Book Club discussion

06/08: The Secret Life of Bees > June: The Secret Life of Bees

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited May 31, 2008 11:40AM) (new)

Lisa (lisahoo) | 14 comments Mod
So, who is interested in reading something together in June? The 3rd Wednesday is June 18th, so still plenty of time.

Two suggestions I have are:
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
I just found both of them at my local library, so they should be pretty widely available.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I know I've already read The Secret Life of Bees and it was really enjoyable (I read it for school and was the only book in that class I enjoyed).
My vote is for that book so maybe I can actually participate (I am in the middle of three books right now, don't know about adding a forth).
Man, I have to find more time to read!

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 4 comments I'm up for either. I've already read Memory Keeper's Daughter, but would love to discuss it with you all! I also have Secret Life of Bees on my shelf, but haven't read it, yet. So, whatever the consensus is, I'm good with that.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nkriener) | 2 comments I haven't ready either but I just got Memory Keepers Daughter from the library without even realizing it was one of our options! But either works for me.

message 5: by Krissy (new)

Krissy | 1 comments I've read both - and maybe this time I can actually be home and get into chat so I can discuss it with you. :)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisahoo) | 14 comments Mod
Ok, it seems to be pretty evenly split. How about this:
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd for June (18th)
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards for July (16th)

That way y'all have two books to choose from in case you have vacation in the next few weeks.