Libba Bray Lovers! discussion

The Gemma Doyle Trilogy > What would you suggest to read next? *TSFT Spoilers!*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (kutiegirl106) | 3104 comments Mod
There are no books what so ever that I have read that have all the depths and layers that this one had. I read one that came close, but not entirely. It touched me in a different way the a great and terrible beauty. Have any of you tried reading twilight.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 5135 comments Mod
It depends on what your looking for.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Yeah, soo what are you looking for?

message 4: by Emma (new)

Hmmm well I'm good, what are YOU looking for? lol.

message 5: by Jenny (last edited May 31, 2008 03:57PM) (new)

I love fantasy, like the Gemma Doyle Trilogy or Eragon or twilight. I'm thinking a about reading the host, but I'm not sure. There you go, your turn now. :) So what are you looking for?

message 6: by Emma (new)

lol, There's one book I think is aweesomme for fantasy (which I love). It's called Princess Pawn, it's a canadian book, so if your american, I don't know if you'll be able to find it. I want to read The Host as well. Fantasy is good, historical fiction (victorian is my fave era) or serious chick lit.

message 7: by Jenny (new)

You know what's wierd is I've read books all like that. Their's this one book called The Clique by Lisi Harrison and it is a TOTAL chick lit. I love it.

message 8: by Emma (last edited May 31, 2008 04:37PM) (new)

I've heard of it, I might check it out. Have you ever read Maureen Johnson or Sarah Dessen books? I love those books!

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Hmm, I've heard of Maureen Johnson, I've never thot about is reading her books. Maybe I will.

message 10: by Emma (new)

They're quite good. Quick, enjoyable reads. I loved Just Listen by Sarah Dessen too.

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Ok, I'll check it out. You should try reading the clique the girls in it are all like super rich, so you can like "experience" being rich. Haha! It's fun

message 12: by Emma (new)

lol. Both the authors are quite good (though I've only read one of Sarah Dessen's books). Ever heard of John Green? I finished The Abundance of Katherines a day ago, and it was really really awesome.

message 13: by Allie, A hopeless romantic who doesn't believe in love (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 3724 comments Mod
I LOVE the clique books, and really really really LOVE maureen johnson, read them, seriously. Also I read the Truth about Forever, it was really good.
Also I like Eva Ibbotson for a bit of chick-lit, her books A Company of Swans, The Countess Below Stairs, The Morning Gift, and A Song for Summer are really good, they r basically romances, but not like total romances.

message 14: by Emma (last edited Jun 01, 2008 08:38AM) (new)

I love love Eva Ibbotson. I've read Journey to The River Sea and The Star of Kazan. I really want to read her otehr books though. I love how she can fit all of these elaborate events into the books and never weigh it down. Both those books started by gypsie/indian boy obsession.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read all of them that you guys listed, but I want to read "The Countess Below the Stairs" and "The Truth About Forever" and "A Song for Summer". I like fantasy and mythology books. My favorite book ever is "The Warrior Heir" by Cinda Williams Chima, and it is TOTALLY awesome!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

okok!!! read twilight! i think twilght has more depth than the Gemma Doyle series. i know a few of you will hate me for saying this but!!!! its true

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

btw i love the clique bookzzzz 222222!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Emma (new)

Okay, I depise Twilight. And Gemma Doyle has soooo much more depth than it, and it's much better, like a million times better.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

wait wait wait!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!!!! Y????????

message 20: by Emma (new)

See my review.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

review where?????

message 22: by Emma (new)

go to my profile, search twilight, click view review.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I SAW IT dont take offence to what i wrote!!! cuz i totally dont hate you!!!! i just hate your review!!!!! fo corse we all have our opinions!!!!

message 24: by Emma (new)

It's okay, you have a right to your opinon. I personally believe that The Gemma Doyle Trilogy is a millon times better than Twilight, but you can think otherwise.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I will NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER read Twilight. It has vampires. I hate vampires.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

the vampires are wayyyyyyy different in twilight than the sterotypical vampire...and the writing is amazing

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Do the vampires still like to suck blood?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

nawt human blood...and there arnt any places in the book where it describes it

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm....thats cool I guess. But I still am deathly scared of vampires. Hae been ever since I watched the movie "The Little Vampire". *chills*

message 30: by Allie, A hopeless romantic who doesn't believe in love (new)

U should all read The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones, which is kinda like the books, here's a summary of it i found...
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgur...

The next one is called The Lost Queen and then The Sorceror King

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

OMGosh! I LOVE those books! My friend Carly just started reading them she says they are awesome! Those are some of my favorite books! I like the Sorcerer King best! But its sad about who dies...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

And if you like Shakespear, the book Ophelia by Lisa Klein is very good too! Kinda lovey-dovey, probably rated PG-13, some things not appropriate for small children, but not HORRIBLE!

message 33: by Allie, A hopeless romantic who doesn't believe in love (new)

ooh I LOVE Ophelia!!! and i kno i almost cried when ______ died, i couldn't believe it, and I like ALL of them, can't pick one!!!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't belieive that Ophelia could hide it when she was _________ and at that place with all the _____! It seemed almost impossible!

message 35: by Allie, A hopeless romantic who doesn't believe in love (new)

I kno! seriously!

message 36: by Emma (new)

Brigitte, I completely disagree. The writing is awwwffulllllll. I love rewritings of fairy tales and classic stories. Romeo's Ex is really good.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

WAIT WUT WRITING IS AWFUL????????

message 38: by Emma (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:35AM) (new)

Twilight. Bella droning on and on about Edward and how she is unworthy.... But! I'm, dare I say, LOVING New Moon right now, so perhaps I will be proven wrong....

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

EHMIGAWD!!!!! YOU ARE VERY WEIRD!!!!

message 40: by Emma (new)

LOL, I take that as a compliment. So how are you liking this group so far?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE IT!!!! cuz i absolutlly love the Gemma Doyle series...i am about half way done w/ TSFT...im a slow reader..but when i finnish it i will be more involved!

message 42: by Emma (new)

Awesome! I hope you love the book! When your finished, and if your at all interested, join the roleplay, it's really awesome, (everyone's character are amazing, and so is everyone's writing) and everyone is welcome!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

AWESOME!!!! but what exactly is roleplay??? i kinda confuzzled...

message 44: by Emma (new)

It's when you pretend to be characters in the same situation as books, (or whatever) but you have to finish the book first and found out exactly what happens and what situation we decided on!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

ooookkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 46: by Taylor S (new)

Taylor S Emma, about Twilight. I hope you absolutely LOVE the series. I know I did. I'm rereading Twilight and New Moon right now. They're AMAZING!

message 47: by Emma (new)

Well I really like New Moon so far...but it's getting kinda boring with Bella. I promise I will give it a chance though! And will tell you what I think of it.

message 48: by Taylor S (new)

Taylor S The end is really great. Just keep pushing through. I admit that I read ahead the first time I read it. I don't suggest it though.

message 49: by Emma (new)

Good to know. I like Jacob a lot, sure he was a little cocky with Bella, but if anyone was at fault here, it would be Bella! For using him and not setting up boundaries!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

oh when i read new moon i had to skip to the very end...i couldnt take it

« previous 1 3