Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Is the BDB insiders guide worth it?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments I'm a BDB newbie - I loved Dark Lover and will hopefully be getting hold of the rest next month but I don't know whether to get the insider's guide as well. So - is it worth it? Should I wait till I've read more of the books? Did you buy it and love it, or buy it and hate it? Any advice welcome :)

message 2: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 178 comments I would wait until you read all of the Brother's books, through & including Lover Enshrined. If you get the guide now, it will spoil all of the plots for the books. It is worth it once you read the books. Lots of interviews with the Brothers and the Short Story "Father Mine". Very good reads.

message 3: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments Thanks Mollie :) I'll leave it till I've read all the others. If I get it now I just know I'll end up flicking through it and seeing something I shouldn't!

message 4: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 178 comments Good Plan

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I would buy it, but I agree, wait until you've read them all.

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments the best part of the whole book, is this really great story called "Father Mine". It is about Z & Bella.

message 7: by Liv (new)

Liv (livlovelaugh) | 39 comments Yea, I'd just get it later at the library. It's fun insider on the brothers. So it's good to know the brothers first.

message 8: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 178 comments Leslie wrote: "the best part of the whole book, is this really great story called "Father Mine". It is about Z & Bella."

Hold up on the spoilers & HEAs...Nairabell is only finished with Dark Lover...

message 9: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle (shelleyenglish) | 31 comments I'm just starting the series BDB, what i want to know is do they need to be read in order?

message 10: by ~Vixhen~ (new)

~Vixhen~ (vixhen) | 24 comments Rachelle wrote: "I'm just starting the series BDB, what i want to know is do they need to be read in order?"

Yes Rachelle, read them in order. I hope you enjoy this series. It's a totally addictive series!

message 11: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll leave it for a bit I think. I'm not so great with temptation! Can't wait to get the other books though :)

message 12: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Hey everyone, I added a new poll about Qhuay getting their own book.
Please vote!

Should Qhuinn and Blay get their own book?

message 13: by Keri (new)

Keri | 50 comments About the insiders guide. Definitely worth it - but don't read it until it falls into the correct order with the rest of the series. The Z & Bella story was good; they're my favorite characters. But also the interview of the brothers was hilarious and when they interview Ms. Ward... it's just funny. It really lets you enjoy their personalities which is what makes the series so great.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments I ordered mine and I am eagerly waiting for delivery!

message 15: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments Jen, there are two very hot deleted scenes in the IG from LA and LEn. Enjoy!

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Mel wrote: "Jen, there are two very hot deleted scenes in the IG from LA and LEn. Enjoy!"
YES! Totally worth the money then!! Thanks for the great news Mel, you're my new bff ;)

message 17: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments :) I want feedback after you've read them!

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Sure thing!

message 19: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments Mollie wrote: "Leslie wrote: "the best part of the whole book, is this really great story called "Father Mine". It is about Z & Bella."

Hold up on the spoilers & HEAs...Nairabell is only finished with Dark Lo..."

Opps!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I recently read the Insiders Guide and I wouldn't definately say that it was worth it. "Father Mine" was really good and it was interesting what she said about the indivdual books. And also some of the deleted scenes are really hot!

message 21: by Heather in FL (new)

Heather in FL (heather_fl) IMHO, it's not really worth it. Unless you're an author or want to be an author and are really interested in her methods and challenges and how she overcame them in each book. The short story was really good, but you can get that separately. The message board banter was cute. The interviews were interesting... not even sure the deleted scenes were worth it... I dunno... I had a hard time getting through it just because it didn't compel me to continue.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Mel, I love it!! I thought it was a nice read, very funny and it was nice reviewing the first 6 books and seeing the foreshadowing JR Ward did for future story lines. I loved the short story of Zsadist and Bella and loved the interviews, etc.

message 23: by Mel (last edited May 13, 2010 07:14AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 1188 comments I'm glad you liked it! It was perfect to read after LEn, wasn't it?
I wanted to check it after LM but so much has changed since then! It's weird...