Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Personalized recommendations > Books about Angels

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments I remember it being written somewere here but now I can find them!!! What are your favorite books about Angels not just YA either!!!

Hush Hush is on hold

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I liked Hush Hush. Also the Mortal Instruments books … not really "about" angels but they involve angels. Love those. ;)

message 3: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments they are on their way I cant wait to start them which will be after I finish moving in 2 weeks *sad face*

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Sweet! Hope you enjoy them. :) Awww sorry you're moving. How far are you moving?

message 5: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments not moving very far just needed a bigger garage for the man of the house, we dont own our own house yet!!

message 6: by Julia (last edited Apr 27, 2010 09:20AM) (new)

Julia | 432 comments My favorite books about angels are the Remy Chandler series.

A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler, #1) by Thomas E. Sniegoski * Dancing on the Head of a Pin (Remy Chandler, #2) by Thomas E. Sniegoski * Where Angels Fear to Tread (Remy Chandler, #3) by Thomas E. Sniegoski *

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 20 comments i loved hush, hush and cant wait for the 2nd to come out
i have heard alot about Mortal Instruments is it a good book and worth reading??
did you guys read the newer book fallen(i think thats the name)??
is that any good??

this book Fallen

message 8: by Julia (last edited Apr 26, 2010 03:28PM) (new)

Julia | 432 comments I began that Fallen and couldn't get very far into it. Maybe it was what I'd been reading around that book or maybe it was the book. But Sniegoski who wrote the books I recommended above wrote another book named The Fallen that I've heard is good.

But I'd heard Kate's version of that title is good, so...

message 9: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments I'll leave Fallen for last!!! I dont really want to read it mixed reveiws on it.

message 10: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) Jillian -always aspiring- wrote: "Well, I can't say I'm really sold on the recent influx of angel books as of late. However, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming books Angel Star and Halo. :)"

Angel star I saw is a goodreads giveaway book, I saw when it reading about the book

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 20 comments Julia wrote: "I began that Fallen and couldn't get very far into it. Maybe it was what I'd been reading around that book or maybe it was the book. But Sniegoski who wrote the books I recommended a..."

i also heard the fallen was a good book so do you think that Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate is worth reading did you even finish it??

it also got mixed rating i dont kno they have scared me away from rerading the book

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 20 comments *reading

message 13: by Julia (new)

Julia | 432 comments Nicole,

Read what you're interested in. You may or may not like it and your opinion may or may not correspond to mine or to other peoples.

Don't be scared of reading of reading though-- or having opinions!

message 14: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments I think im over the teenage scene at the moment, I am giving it a rest lol

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 20 comments ok

message 16: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Nicole wrote: "i loved hush, hush and cant wait for the 2nd to come out
i have heard alot about Mortal Instruments is it a good book and worth reading??
did you guys read the newer book fallen(i think thats t..."

Yes! Mortal Instruments is definitely good and worth reading. It's one of my very favorite series. :)

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 20 comments okay well looks like i have to get my hands on those boks

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 20 comments *books*

message 19: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments yes im waiting for mine to arrive it should have been here today grrr

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Callinicos | 20 comments lol thats why i never order online unless i get my hands on my moms paypal lol

message 21: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 127 comments Nicole wrote: "Julia wrote: "I began that Fallen and couldn't get very far into it. Maybe it was what I'd been reading around that book or maybe it was the book. But Sniegoski who wrote the books I..."
Ive heard it was slow but i always give it a try for myself . If it is slow I might slowly push thru it or throw it to the side. lol

message 22: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 127 comments I own all the Mortal Instrument books but Ive only read the 1rst two they were awesome though :)

message 23: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments i have 3 now yay!!!! i cant wait to read them

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Chakara wrote: "I own all the Mortal Instrument books but Ive only read the 1rst two they were awesome though :)"

Ooh awesome! The third one is my favorite. You will definitely love it. ;)

message 25: by Annalisa (last edited May 01, 2010 09:10AM) (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
is slow, but that's not why it's bad. Twilight is slow but the passion is still there so people like it. Fallen is empty. Kate doesn't give us anything but sexual tension without a reason for it and it's frustratingly clipped. She doesn't explain anything to keep her readers in suspense and I find her angel lore offensive.

The only other angel book I've read if Hush, Hush. It's okay. A lot like all the other influxes of paranormal romance.

message 26: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments so no really billiant angel books? I may have to attempt one myself haha *be warned* (it wont be great either haha)

message 27: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments Jillian -always aspiring- wrote: "Annalisa wrote: "Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate
is slow, but that's not why it's bad. Twilight is slow but the passion is still there so people like it. Fallen is empty. Kate doesn't give us anything ..."

Your theory seems right to me!!! and that is why I love beautiful creatures because people are who they are!!!

message 28: by Annalisa (last edited May 01, 2010 09:16AM) (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Jillian,
I completely agree. I didn't think Fitzpatrick even really explained her angel lore very well. I've extremely critical of these paranormal romance books (as you know, having read my Breaking Dawn review), so I've learned to take a step back and ask myself if someone in for a light read that wants things to work out is going to be bothered by the contrived plot. I personally was disappointed with the end (among other things) but I could see what the appeal was too.

message 29: by Anne (last edited May 08, 2010 06:47PM) (new)

Anne (ecyore) | 5 comments I used to go gaga over Fallen. The first couple of weeks after I finished it, I spent most of my internet hours googling 'Fallen by Lauren Kate' and 'Daniel x Luce'. I was somewhat obsessed with it. But when I finally got the time to actually reflect the things that happened on it, I was like: 'Did I really go gaga over this? Wth was I thinking? O_o' There were a bunch of scenes that, IMO, didn't have sense >.>

But either way, I'm still interested to what will happen to the succeeding books so yah...

message 30: by Deborah (last edited Jul 29, 2010 04:07PM) (new)

Deborah Archangel (Samaria, #1) by Sharon Shinn Jovah's Angel (Samaria, #2) by Sharon Shinn

The Samaria series starting with:
Archangel by Sharon Shinn

I've only read the first two but they were good.

message 31: by Alice (new)

Alice | 6 comments Nicole wrote: "i loved hush, hush and cant wait for the 2nd to come out
did you guys read the newer book fallen(i think thats t..."

Very! I loved it, but the beginning is somewhat slow. :] But its a twist from the regular good girl and popular guy plot.

message 32: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle Laurance | 4 comments Well I own Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Hush Hush,
Ive read Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Fallen,
Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown Angels and demons is meant to be a strong story (Im sure its related to The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown The Da Vinci Code.),
I want to read Halo by Alexandra Adornetto Halo,
And Im currently reading a book that the author has written called Kissed By an Angel Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, The Power of Love, Soulmates) by Elizabeth Chandler ...
All these angel books that Ive read have been excellent and unique- I am really enjoying the angel styled theme. Personally I am into the heavenly angels and I would like to read more about them... But not many authors have wrote Angel type books due to religious reasons/offending ... devil worshipers? I dont know... Anyway I am pleased with all the authors who have courage to make Angel based books as all Im hearing these days are Vamps and Tramps... blah.
Btw, Personally, I was more hooked on Hush Hush. Fallen was very dark and out there but Hush Hush had you caught up, and was very realistic.

message 33: by Joyzi (new)

Joyzi (joit) | 2 comments I love Hush Hush, should I read Fallen then or maybe not?

message 34: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments I really don't want to read fallen, bad reveiws lol and yes I want to read Halo too!!

message 35: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle Laurance | 4 comments Kayzee wrote: "I really don't want to read fallen, bad reveiws lol and yes I want to read Halo too!!"

I preferred Hush Hush more than Fallen but Fallen still has its points.

Correct me if im wrong, but everyone's DNA is separate right? (I think im waaaay off topic here xD)lol.
Okay I'll quit the nonsense, what im trying to say is that I think you should read it yourself and find out,well, yourself.
People say 'Dont judge a book by its cover'. BUT, you can judge it by the first couple of sentences, paragraphs, chapters, or even half way. SO try a little bit and take it from there. Seriously, me and one of my best friends love all the same books0 but there was a book that she absolutely hated! So, really I didnt want to even look at it! But in the next term my literacy class had to read/study that novel. I was like 'Nooo Waaay'! But then I finished the 1st chapter and wanted more. Yeah you can see where that story went to ;)

Really its up to you, but thats just my advice if you havn't read a book you were really thinking of or something. =D

message 36: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 180 comments I'll get there one day I just dont want it right now hahaha

message 37: by Lani (new)

Lani (crahfty) Anne wrote: "I used to go gaga over Fallen. The first couple of weeks after I finished it, I spent most of my internet hours googling 'Fallen by Lauren Kate' and 'Daniel x Luce'. I was somewhat obsessed with it..."

I did this with Hush, Hush! I was so excited when I first read it when it first came out. Then I re-read it about a month ago and wondered what impressed me so much the first time. I'm not someone who needs accurate lore (I appreciate twists on traditional sci-fi/fantasy ideas) but I just couldn't see why Nora was drawn to Patch when he was so obviously dangerous. Hotness only goes so far.

message 38: by Anne (new)

Anne (ecyore) | 5 comments @Lani: Yep. Hush, Hush too but not as much as Fallen. I'm not head over heels in love with the whole book now but I still love Patch <3

message 39: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle Laurance | 4 comments Patch is sexy! Im glad theres a bad boy for a change.

Example: Edward was all gorgeous who just wanted to protect bella; but thats all people really cared about 'The pretty boy who saves you'Im over them.

message 40: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Naeole (sl_naeole) | 5 comments If you're looking for a book about angels, there's always my book, "Falling From Grace" for the Kindle.

You can click on my profile to find the link and see some reviews and ratings. I hope that helps! ^_^