Grown up Twi-hards! discussion

What you LOVE about Twilight

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Post here your favorite parts from the books, or just what you love about it in general. :]

message 2: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie As for me... I like getting lost in the fantasy of finding this kind of love in the lush forest setting. I absolutely LOVE the setting for these movies, as well as my own imaginings from the books. :D

If only all school transfers went this well, eh? Of course, being out of High School, we're past all of that but the idea is still very tempting in an impossible sort of way. Hard to explain.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 42 comments Mod
I LOVE the story! I can't think of another series that I HAD to read because my head might explode if I did not know the ending. I have to say, I'm very impressed with Stephenie Meyer's ability to maintain suspense for about 3,000 pages. Quite an under appreciated art.

And, although I complained about her style being too simple in the other post, there is some value in that kind of writing. Doing so makes the novels feel more like a story your best friend is telling you. Very effective.

I also liked watching all of the characters become better people throughout the series.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 42 comments Mod
And you're right about the setting. I LOVE the cinematography in the movies!

message 5: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Yeah, I think the think I love about the first book, despite its simplicity, is the feeling that her words evoke. Like when Bella is driving down to her new home and thinking back on what she loved about Phoenix, I just got this really amazing sun soaked, hazy, lazy feeling, hehe. I guess it would just be my reaction to her words, but still wow!

I really liked her descriptions of the forest since I love forests anyway, and the rainy atmosphere of forks. I love it!

I'd like to live in a place with such beautiful scenery. Completely different from where I live now in the suburbs.

message 6: by Lindis (new)

Lindis Russell (lindyloudawn) | 19 comments Wow, finally a place where I can chat about the Twilight saga, with adults, and not get bashed. Geeesh, why are some people so touchy about this? And on an extra note: I Love Emmett!

message 7: by Lindis (new)

Lindis Russell (lindyloudawn) | 19 comments Ashley wrote: "As for me... I like getting lost in the fantasy of finding this kind of love in the lush forest setting. I absolutely LOVE the setting for these movies, as well as my own imaginings from the books...."

I agree with you on the setting. I have always loved forests. I grew up camping in a local forest. I was always going off on my own and just listening to the sounds in the forest. I always thought it was romantic. My parents were always worried that I'd get lost. But they taught me well.

message 8: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Wow you are lucky that you got to spend so much time in the beautiful forests. It was always really rare for me, but when I did I treasured it. :D

Lindis wrote: "Wow, finally a place where I can chat about the Twilight saga, with adults, and not get bashed. Geeesh, why are some people so touchy about this? And on an extra note: I Love Emmett!"

Oh wow, an Emmett lover? Don't hear from ya'll too much, hehe. ;]

message 9: by Lindis (new)

Lindis Russell (lindyloudawn) | 19 comments Ashley wrote: "Wow you are lucky that you got to spend so much time in the beautiful forests. It was always really rare for me, but when I did I treasured it. :D

Lindis wrote: "Wow, finally a place where I can..."

LOL! Yeah, it's always fun to hear my other two Dihard Twilight sisters fight over Edward! I just laugh. Cauz I got a vampire all to myself! he he he : )

message 10: by Lindis (last edited Apr 06, 2011 08:06PM) (new)

Lindis Russell (lindyloudawn) | 19 comments Ashley wrote: "Yeah, I think the think I love about the first book, despite its simplicity, is the feeling that her words evoke. Like when Bella is driving down to her new home and thinking back on what she loved..."

If I ever found myself alone in the world, I would totally move to Oregon or Washington for a while. The rain, mixed in with the trees, mmmmmm such a sweet scent.

message 11: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Yeah I'd love to move to those places as well. For now, I'm stuck in California whose weather is just too unpredictable, ugh. For now it's sunny, and it kills my poor skin, bleck.

Hey Jasper needs some love too. So I'll do that. <3

message 12: by Lindis (new)

Lindis Russell (lindyloudawn) | 19 comments Ashley wrote: "Yeah I'd love to move to those places as well. For now, I'm stuck in California whose weather is just too unpredictable, ugh. For now it's sunny, and it kills my poor skin, bleck.

Hey Jasper ne..."

At least you're closer, I'm stuck in Nebraska, where they say, "Welcome to Nebraska, if you don't like the weather, wait a half and hour, it will change!"

Seriously, we had a day a couple of weeks ago where it was snowing big fluffy flakes in the morning, but by the end of the day, you could have put on shorts if you wanted to.

At least in Bella's world, the weather was somewhat constant. : )

Oh yeah, I wouldn't kick Jasper out of the house either! he he he! But only if Emmett wasn't home! : )

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I am sure it will be impossible for me to list everything I like but will try:

1. that Bella has to go to a new school...as an Air Force brat I did that 13 times and felt the same everytime!

2. I also pass out with blood draws. I can also smell rust and hate it! (too much iron in my blood, could that be why?) I am also 0 negative.

3. I also have balance problems and prone to get dizzy so I have many diagnoses about that.

4. suffered major pain with heartbreak like Bella but not as bad as she did. Her pain fascinated me.

5. I hate small towns but did love Forks. The forest around is interesting and different.

6. I liked every character except James and Victoria and they were super scary!

7. I agree with you Lara as it does feel like your best friend is telling you the story.

8. I like it that Edward and Bella both like Clare du Lune which I have always liked. That blew me away as usually teenagers now like something just AWFUL. I also like the Twilight CD's and the Bella's lullaby which I google nightly on Utube.

9. I like it that Edward saves Bella's life. The old fashioned hero thing appeals to me. And that he protects her until New Moon when he goes crazy!

10. I like Bella that she isn't interested in clothes. I do like it tho that she has a white eyelet top as that is what I wore in San Antonio for years!

11. Her comment about being kicked out of Phoenix for being too pale also really appealed to me. I have already had skin cancer from pesty idiots wanting me to be tan for years. GRRRR! people are different...we can't all be the same like cookie cutters.

Well, I could go on and on as for me there is not much not to like. I feel I must have quite a few things in common with Stephenie!