The Mortal Instruments discussion

tmi on tmi

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lily (last edited Apr 24, 2010 09:41PM) (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments is there ever too much information on the mortal instruments?

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments what do you think was the scariest part in the whole series?

message 3: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) every time someone was about to die/get hurt (especially Simon)
was that what you meant by scary? cause i don't think any part of it was actually scary, more like nerve racking

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments yeah true. but i thought the ravener demon bit was a little bit scary because it was the first glimpse into demons and also i was reading it very late at night and my house makes weird noises :)

message 5: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) i've been there before, but not with the MI books. actually i see what you're saying about the ravener demon thing (you're talking about CoB in Clary's apartment right?) that was a bit creepy i agree, but not scary. oh but i've read paranormal/supernatural books late at night and i know what you mean about weird sounds. ahhhh i hate that, it makes me feel like a 4 year old again

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments haha i know i sound so little when i say that scares me, but yeah it was more creepy.. like the whole "she couldn't scream she was so filled with terror" yeah in CoB

message 7: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments I was scared when i thought Jace was dead...I thought i was going to have a heart attack lol

message 8: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Jazmyn wrote: "I was scared when i thought Jace was dead...I thought i was going to have a heart attack lol"

I cried. lol

message 9: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments Me too!

message 10: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) you were hoping he was what?! dead?

message 11: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ Awww how could you hate Jace? He is the awesomesauciest!

message 12: by Lily (last edited Apr 25, 2010 06:16PM) (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments i know! yeah i got so upset, i was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
what about your favourite part in CoB?

message 13: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ hmmm toughie … love the vampire hotel part haha

message 14: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) actually i would have found that an awesome ending, i know it's weird and my friend thinks i'm crazy, but i like sad endings. they're more real to me. it would have been tragic and sweet for him to die while saving Clary

but don't kill me people, that's just my opinion. i still like Jace, he's my 2nd favorite character in the series

message 15: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I have no problem with sad endings, but they should be used effectively. In this case I don't think it would have been very effective if he just died.

message 16: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments i think my favourote bit is when (cliche, i know) jace & clary are in the greenhouse and he says she's beautiful :)
what about CoA? this book is my least favourite (not because i don't like it, just because i think the first & last have more epicness in them!)

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) lol i loved they're Picnic in the greenhouse!!!
lol i just love when people have picnics in books, they did in The Hunger Games too!! i think Picnocs are romanttic for some reason... is that wierd...

message 18: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments I know

message 19: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 102 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "I have no problem with sad endings, but they should be used effectively. In this case I don't think it would have been very effective if he just died."

I think very very many people would have been very very upset if he died...*raises hand*

message 20: by Tia (new)

Tia (booknerd1008) | 45 comments Rilly liking picnics is not weird. I think they're old style but way cute! I would love to go on a picnic with Jace!!

message 21: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments aaaaalright, last "favourite part" question, what's you favourite part in CoG?
my personal favourite part is when they see ithuriel because i find it so interesting (i love myths) and i think it just creates this sense of truth to think that all through the angels were'nt just myths and stories and the story of what valentine did was so evil and just all around tragic. i also love the part at the end, the quote about how he could never be uninterested in clary :) <3

message 22: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ahhh CoG is my fave of the books. soooo good :D favorite part. hmmmmm. probably the part where jace climbs through clary's window and says he loves her and then they sleep together––well next to each other … you know what i mean! lol. ;D it was just so cute and touching; the first time I read it I cried and read the chapter like three times in a row. :D and the ending was sweet too :)

message 23: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments aw yeah that one is so cute. i got a lil' teary too! :) but pretty much the whole book is cute because they finally admit to themselves that they love eachother. and also, when i first read CoB i always thought jace was a dick to clary (still loved him)- but now when i read it, even in the starting part, i can see the love shining through, hehe

message 24: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments Yea i cried when Jace died well alittle had a few tears down my cheek but yea even tho i was like ohhhhhh i know whats going to happen there gonna bring back i still had tears

i kinda was waiting for simon to die i mean come on how many times did come close and didn't well he did actually die and then came back as a Vamp

i like the part when Jace saves him cause it shows that he loves clary that much

message 25: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments Lily wrote: "aw yeah that one is so cute. i got a lil' teary too! :) but pretty much the whole book is cute because they finally admit to themselves that they love eachother. and also, when i first read CoB i a..."

ohhhhhhh i know the second time i reread the series i saw all the little cute stuff that i missed the first time around on how in love they were

message 26: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments aw yeah it's so cute. yeah you mis it the first time, but then you notice all the little things that shine trhough jace's "protective armour" haha

message 27: by Jazmyn (last edited Apr 28, 2010 04:11PM) (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments Yup... When i first read the series i liked Jace a lot, but when i re-read the series and started noticing how much he truly cared about Clary I freakin fell in love with him. lol

message 28: by Tia (new)

Tia (booknerd1008) | 45 comments So im not the only one that re-reads? Whew! I love re-reading because you always forget the little details that make you love the book even more.

message 29: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments yeah me too! well pretty much i was in love with jace from the start ;)
yeah, i've read harry potter literally about 16 times.

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ oh yeahhh i've read the mortal instruments series 3 times :) lol. i love re-reading things! it makes me happy :D

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) lol i reread things like crazy!! i only buy books that ill reread and i have ALOT of books.

message 32: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments i'm rereading it for the third time right now :D

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) lol coolllzzz!!!
i can reread books i love for so long! i never get tired of it! ^^

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ same here, I typically only buy books to re-read them, or if they're part of a series that I already love :]

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) yea, i used to always buy my books but then my mom got mad at me for always spending my money (and hers) on books... so she started to make me get them at the library, but if i really like them i go out and buy them. Or if they got REALLY good reviews, like people on goodreads who like the same kind of books as me loved them i buy them.

message 36: by Katie (new)

Katie | 27 comments Ha. I'm a fast reader so that means I'm a total geek? Well, that's what all my friends think plus my mom! Like the other day she came in my room andof course I wad reading a book. And she says, " Oh my god, Katie. Seriously get a life." huh ?! But oh well I LOVE reading. Espically MI :D

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) lol, im cooped up in my room most of the time reading, it's weird its like they brag about em reading a 450 page book in 2 days but then its sometimes like they just think its funny... and when i start a new book the next day they come up to me and ask me how far along ive gotten in it... my family's wierd... it takes them all a month to finish 350 page book... but tis so interesting i cant stop reading... its like against my nature.

message 38: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments hahaa my sister is so slooowww at reading and always to rub it in her face, mum will be like "what did you do today" and my sister will be like "i read some of this book!" and shows her how far, and i'm like , "oh, well i started AND finished this book that's about 200 pages longer than hers... and i had time to go on goodreads too"

message 39: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ lol :D yeah, i don't understand people who read so slowly. usually it doesn't take me more than three days or so to read a book, and three days is pretty slow for me. XD

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) lol yea i dont get that either. lol i know what you mean, three days would be really slow, but most of the time when it like a sequel to a book or something (I did this when CoG came out) i limit myself to chpaters becaus ei dont want to finish it really fast but evebn then i finish it in three days, it goes form okay im only gonna read 1 chpater to 2 and then 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 then 7 then im done the book... i have no self control...

message 41: by Ciara (new)

Ciara | 86 comments Rilly wrote: "lol yea i dont get that either. lol i know what you mean, three days would be really slow, but most of the time when it like a sequel to a book or something (I did this when CoG came out) i limit m..."

I know what u mean. My momma tells me "Only read 1 chapter" and im like "Okay whatever!" But sometimes I hear what I want to hear, so to me, she's saying "Only read all the chapters."
I have selective hearing.

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie | 27 comments Haha exactly. I told her she doesn't and never will understand my need for books. Her comment back was "you're a drama queen.. just like your father." lol

message 43: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) i literally hide from my parents to read, in my closet no jokes :( so my reading time is REALLY limited, and i like to take my time with books which is why i read them slowly. my sister is the opposite, she finishes books in one day. i would never do that, for me it takes around a week usually and that's why i'm better at remembering details.

message 44: by Lily (new)

Lily (kandyprincessxoxoyolo) | 43 comments haha well i'm up so late sometimes so it's like dad walks in all "lily. i did just see your light turn off... GO. To. SLEEP!"

message 45: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments Haha, thats funny =D

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) lol, my parents see my light on too soi got one of those lights you hook on to your bookd and it shines on the page XD

message 47: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) Rilly wrote: "lol, my parents see my light on too soi got one of those lights you hook on to your bookd and it shines on the page XD"

i WANT one of those

message 48: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments Tehe, it's a genius invention!

message 49: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments haha

message 50: by Ciara (new)

Ciara | 86 comments I use my cell phone if we are in the car and the light from my DS if im supposed to be sleeping. My mom refuses to buy me the ones that stick into the book cuz she knows wat imma use it for

« previous 1