Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Comedies > Sex in the City

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie I really enjoyed this movie, it was like watching an extended episode. I was a little disappointed in the ending, I wish Carey would've chosen differently. But I felt it had all the fun the show had!

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz | 5 comments I just saw this movie and loved it. I was not disapointed at all. Why didn't you like the ending?

message 3: by Sherry (last edited May 31, 2008 10:53AM) (new)

Sherry Not to be a "spoil sport" but could we perhaps put the word spoiler on posts that give away the ending for those of us who come into these posts to see whether the movie has been favorably reviewed and therefore worth seeing? :)

message 4: by Angie (last edited May 31, 2008 02:49PM) (new)

Angie I thought that on the movie threads the only people who comment are the ones who have already seen a movie. it always seemed like that to me on the other movie threads. sorry about that. Maybe we should make a thread about this to find out?

I deleted that comment with the spoiler. Sorry Sherry!

message 5: by John (last edited May 31, 2008 02:46PM) (new)

John | 14 comments My wife and I both really liked the tv show and thought the film was great -- not at all long or disappointing, like some of the reviews would have you believe. Everything was satisfying and made sense, in terms of the characters. The movie however really is for people who are already fans of the show. If you're not a fan, it will probably be long and tedious.

message 6: by George (new)

George | 951 comments Saw the movie today. I really did find it overlong. Has it's good moments to be sure, but unless you are a major fan of the series, there's really not a lot of there, there.

message 7: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 86 comments I saw this last night and all in all I liked it. It felt like getting to watch a bunch of episodes in a row which made me really happy. I was bummed by some of the things that happened but I guess if everything was all happy and rosy with everyone there wouldn't be anything to have a movie about. There were a lot of really funny parts though.

message 8: by Vee (new)

Vee Oh my gosh!! I just loved this movie!!
My friend was supposed to come pick me up and we were supposed to see it together but there was a miscommunication and I went to see it by myself. I didn't want to feel like a complete LOSER so I took out a piece of paper and pen and pretended I was a writer and reviewing the movie.
When did I become this person who cared what everyone else thought? Oh..I've always cared... just back then I claimed I was just a nonconformist or something.
Anyways!! The movie was FABULOUS!!!
I loved everything. Did I see Miranda wear black during her own wedding ceremony or were my eyes playing tricks on me? I love the crazy 80s rendition of dresses. I can't believe Aidan wasn't in this movie. I think any woman at any stage in their life can totally relate to this movie. I loved Miranda and Steve. I was so impressed with the therapist's idea of taking a long break and then meet at a spot and start over. Of course it had to be the Brooklyn Bridge! Of Course!!!
Big. John, no Big. WOW. Never saw any of it coming. Wow. So anticlimatic. Beautiful story. Just what I needed. It was fitting that I went to see it alone. I have strange movie habits and don't like to talk or eat and I like to stay when the last credit rolls off the screen. Carrie and I have grown up together in so many ways. I remember sneaking into the living room late at night to watch SATC because that was the only TV with HBO. I've been all these characters at least some time in my life. My Dad gave me a laptop when I was in high school and I'd be forever tapping away in a document of all my thoughts, and quips and questions... Carrie's picture is on my nightstand, a cute black and white of her that always reminds me to write, document, regardless, write it down. Is there a carriebradshaw.com? I hope they don't try and do a silly sequel. It ended wonderfully and need not be redone.

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca van Doren | 38 comments I just need to point out that going to a movie by yourself does not make you a LOSER. Movies are essentially solitary activities. My husband and I often go to see the same movie separately (save on the need to pay a sitter) so we can discuss it together later. And I also will not miss a movie just because I have no one to see it with.

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie I went to this movie by myself. It does not bother me one bit. Infact I love it, I can pick the seat I want!

message 11: by Sherry (new)

Sherry And you don't have to share the popcorn if you don't want to :)

message 12: by Tom (new)

Tom | 5438 comments Saw the film and was deeply disappointed. I'd gotten to care about some of those characters on the TV series, and was appalled at the way the movie sacrificed character for product placement. A real shame.

message 13: by Holli (new)

Holli I love going to movies alone.....no one bothers me...I can immerse myself in the movie and get more out of it than if I'm with someone else. That way I can see the indy movies I love without someone telling me they are bored or think its stupid!! LOL