Castella Tutoring Academy discussion

Performing Arts > Music Theory

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen Post here for help

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited May 03, 2010 03:08PM) (new)

I've been in piano for 9 1/2 years. I'll help you here.

*♥*Athena Leilani*♥* | 56 comments Are you serious!!!!! that is amazing! i love piano! i've only been playing for like....2 1/2 years

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen i've been playing for 8 years. I'm still not that good cause it's not my main instrument.

*♥*Athena Leilani*♥* | 56 comments i play piano, saxaphone, flute, adn just started guitar...but I can play some songs on the clarinet and trumpet

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen I play:
violin
viola
piano

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I write my own songs.

((Yes, Taylor, you're a pompous jerk...))

message 9: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Jen wrote: "I play:
violin
viola
piano"

VIOLA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIANO ROCKS!! I've been teaching myself piano for a long time, and I've been playing Viola for 3 1/2 years.

*♥*Athena Leilani*♥* | 56 comments That is so cool!

message 11: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) :)

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen Selena wrote: "Jen wrote: "I play:
violin
viola
piano"

VIOLA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIANO ROCKS!! I've been teaching myself piano for a long time, and I've been playing Viola for 3 1/2 years."

I've been playing Viola for 5 years!

*♥*Athena Leilani*♥* | 56 comments I've never played violion though I would like to try

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) I play piano....for 5 years and I go to a preforming arts school...ya it's a lot of hard work...... ...

Kailee, Daughter of Persephone (kaileem98) | 1 comments What do you guys think about Julliard? I play the flute and I've always had a deep connection with music. My bf says I'm obsessed with it. Anywhere I am I'm either singing a song stuck in my head, or listening to my ipod.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) you should go. It's a good school and that reminds me of a lot of people at my school. The singing part.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Julliard is really high-end though. Hard to get into.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) So I've heard.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) If you have a good backround, they might possibly considery you.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I don't really want to go there anyway. I'm best at music, but the writing talent calls!
:D

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Same, I only play piano, but I don't want that to be my career. :)

message 22: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) Guess how many songs are stuck in my head.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) I don't want to know. Half of the kids in my history class (who are all in a singing conservatory) were all talking/singing the same song. Annoyance.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to play professionally soooo bad. I want to replace Jon Schmidt. But I love writing too much.

message 25: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) 20 freaking 1. 21

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) sry. CPU was being spazzy

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Selena wrote: "20 freaking 1. 21"

Yes, try listening to 'popular' music for 90 minute class period. As in: Guns 'N' Roses, and all those other oldies rock bands.

message 28: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) No thanks! It's been upgraded to 22...

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) Exactly!

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) I haz a question: for the V7 in piano, what does it mean when you have V6/5? My teacher told me and wrote it down, but I lost that page. :(

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm...I don't know, actually. I'll get back to you on that!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I had it written down somewhere...where?!?!?!?!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

FOUND IT!

V6/5 - is the first inversion of a 7th chord. The numbers , 6/5 is called figured bass, this is the way to tell what inversion the chord is in.
so 6/5 means the chord is in 1st inversion. The V (five) represents the fifth tone of the scale. G is the 5th tone in the key of C.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) thanks. :D