WACC- Writers Against Cardboard Characters discussion

Characters Q-Z > Sullivan Archer

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 23, 2011 08:06PM) (new)

Name: Sullivan Lionelle Archer (Yes, she's a girl.)

Appearance: Light red hair that's wavy and to the small of her back. (If you know me personally, imagine my hair color but with a bit of blonde in it.) She was born pale, but she's much tanner now from being in the sun almost all day every day. She's stronger than she looks. She's 5'6" and is just a little on the heavy side. The bottom half of her body is a little heavier than the top. She has thin lips and a tiny bit of acne, but her skin is smooth and pretty otherwise. Her teeth are very straight and white. Her nails are almost always too short because she bites them when she's uncomfortable. Her eyes are green in the middle, then fade to blue around the outside. Most of her facial features are small, making her look harsher than she is sometimes.

Things you know about the character so far: Sullivan is kind of a tomboy. She grew up around boys, she's had to work hard to live, and her name isn't exactly the most feminine one out there. She's girly at heart, though. Best friends and family members call her Liv. She doesn't enjoy chores, but she'll buckle down and do them eventually. Hard work usually gets her in a bad mood though. If her feelings get hurt, she tries not to show it and is usually unsuccessful. She's more likely to get very angry than to get depressed or dejected, although her temper is somewhat even ('somewhat' being the crucial word). She's afraid of the dark if she's completely alone. She can be a bit naive at times. She's graceful and dances well. Don't call her Sully, Sull, Van, or any nicknames besides Liv. She doesn't like nicknames much. Deep red is her favorite color, though she hates the sight of blood. It doesn't make her sick - she just hates it. She bites her nails in awkward situations. She always has something behind her ear, like a pencil or flower. She's a good runner and can keep going for long periods of time. Her voice is in the middle range and not very strong or beautiful, but she enjoys singing to herself. Eats her food one item at a time--if she had mashed potatoes and salad, for example, she would eat all of the salad before eating the potatoes. She gets defensive easily and has a really pretty laugh. Very good with kids. Her legs almost always have scratches, cuts, and bruises on them because she likes to climb trees, walk through bushes, etc.

Things you know about the character's past: Not much. I know her younger sister has Asperger's syndrome (it isn't diagnosed because of the setting). Sullivan has grown up working hard and taking care of her sister. Her life has been fairly simple.

Where you think the character will end up: I'm still plotting stuff out, but she's the one that Gabriel falls in love with. She'll be much wiser by the end of the story.

What you want help with: I want to make her more likable. I feel like she's coming off... Bella-ish. Anything I have on this topic for her (besides the name) is subject to change, so feel free to give input about anything you don't like.

message 2: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments She should have a wicked sense of humor and irony. It'd also be cool if she could dance really well and had, like, perfect white teeth.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the dancing and the white teeth. I'm not sure if the humor thing will work because another character is kind of the funny guy of the story. Thanks!

message 4: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments No prob! Sully sounds awesome.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha. Sully. I've just decided that she hates that nickname.

message 6: by RedPath (last edited Jun 24, 2011 05:19PM) (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Because it reminds her of Monster Inc.?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

No, she just doesn't like nicknames because she feels like people try too hard to come up with them.

She doesn't know what Monster's Inc. is because of the storyline. The story is in the distant future, but it's a different take on it. It's kind of hard to explain.

message 8: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments Oh, sounds cool. I'd definetly read it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Should I try and explain it? I actually feel like rambling right now. I'm a weeeeeeirdo.

message 10: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments lol sure! I really want to know more. Pwease tell me?

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 24, 2010 04:21PM) (new)

Okay. Tell me if this sounds too far out there.

By the end of the 21st century, most of the world had developed so much that there was no room on land for anything. There was just no nature left. Animals that once lived in the wild had to come into the cities, leading to the death of both people and wildlife. Everything was dirty and unsafe. People were beginning to get worried and were frightened to live at all. Suicide rates went up, crime rates sky-rocketed, and in a nutshell, the world was ready to collapse.

The leaders of every country in the world got together and tried desperately to think of a way out of this. There was no way to keep the chaos from progressing, so they tried all they could think of: they tried to start over. (I've decided that about 17 countries didn't agree with this idea and went their own way.)

It took almost two centuries, but somehow it happened. Factories were torn down. Any technology that wasn't necessary for survival was destroyed, with a few exceptions. Movies, cell phones, cameras, computers, and televisions were all disposed of. Trees and flowers were planted wherever other things used to be. Rivers were cleaned up. The government took every step possible to ensure that this plan would work. Everyone capable of working had some sort of job to help bandage up this damaged world. Eventually, the earth was starting to look good again.

The story takes place in about the 24th century. (I'm not sure yet.) People live primitively, but at least they're not on the brink of destruction. Rules are enforced to make sure that what happened before that almost led to the world's end, doesn't happen again.

However, some have heard stories about technology from ancestors and think the world was better off the way it was. They begin to rebel or flee to the countries that continue to use higher technology.

Wow. That took a long time. I didn't do a very good job explaining and there's a little more, but that's all I can type at the moment.

message 12: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 562 comments It looks cool! sorta like backward progression. The past in the future is what it sounds like. Love it!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks. =] I'm glad you like it.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh! Sounds awesome! Which was the one that was kind of like Romeo and Juliet? Except instead of Capulets and Montagues it was East and Highland?

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 27, 2010 01:54PM) (new)

Thank ye! That one was called Rivals, but I don't know if I'm following through with it.

I'm thinking of giving her brown hair... it probably fits her more. But then I just realized that all my leading females have brown hair.... Ergh.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Give her blonde hair. Or black hair. Or maybe she's a punk and dyed it blue. Just kidding.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe. I'm actually considering giving Adrienne black hair instead of dark brown. I'm not sure. Hrmph.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Black hair would be pretty.
I'm trying to decide if Mitch's hair is black or just really dark brown... Well, his mom has black hair but his dad is almost blonde...

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I've always pictured him with really dark brown hair.
Black hair would be pretty for Adrienne?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually, I'm keeping Sullivan's hair color. What do you guys think about her eyes? I can't decide what color to use...

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "I've always pictured him with really dark brown hair.
Black hair would be pretty for Adrienne?"

Yeah...I think I do to. Grazie.
Hmm...Adrienne would be pretty with black hair...YES!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "Actually, I'm keeping Sullivan's hair color. What do you guys think about her eyes? I can't decide what color to use..."

She should have hazel eyes.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm. I'll have to think about it.

What color should Sullivan's eyes be???

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. Hehehe. I posted that like five seconds after you... yeah.

I'm having a hard time because Gabriel already has brown eyes, and then Abel might have hazel/golden-brown eyes... RAWR! =]

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I love you too.
I keep calling her "Sully". Just like I call Ben "Bennie".

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe.

You can call her Sully, perhaps, but she might lunge at you and scratch you. Except it wouldn't work because she bites her nails and they're always really short.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

So you're safe.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Remind her that I am very skilled at eating faces. And I have Nero on my side. And vampires.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I will. I won't let her hurt you. =]

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. You're a good friend =D

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Danke. *grins*

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

De nada. *beams*

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

*waves her new Venezuelan flag happily*

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

*claps hands excitedly* Yay! I have a Spanish one (SQUEE!), but that was before I found out that Spaniards aren't at all patriotic.

Way to burst my bubble, Señor Sellés! Crikey.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

It's been a long time since I've said SQUEE.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Lets have a Squee fest.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
e
e
e

ee
e
e
e
e
e
e
e

e
e
e
e
e
!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

gigglegiggleSQUEAKSQUEAK!gigglegiggleSQUEAK!

Squee!

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Remember? littlebirdyTWEETTWEET!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! hahah! That's what Joshyboy thought I said.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Squee.

I still can't decide on her eye color. Poo.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Green with flecks of amber and silver.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I like that... I like that, I like that.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

*possum*

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Heeheee.... That reminds me of Warren's eyes. They're "silver-hazel".

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Only you would remember his eye color.

« previous 1