Challenge Overload (PNR and UF Edition) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Challenges Archive > Pick-It-For-Me Spin Off

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) I am interested to see how many members would participate in the CO version of Pick-It-For-Me. A layout for the challenge would be:

1. Members would have 1-2 weeks to sign up to participate.
2. A Few days would be spent by the moderator's pairing members together.
3. Each member would then have 2 weeks to come up with their own challenge for the member they were assigned. (Similar to the create your own challenge, except you set the guidelines for someone else.) There would be a limit of 4-12 books for the challenge.
4. After their partner has posted their challenge, members can start filling in the categories with their books.
5. Once the 2 week period is up, members will be allowed to start reading.
6. The total time span for this challenge will be anywhere form 4 to 3 months total.

Is anyone interested? If you have any questions you can post it here as well. Remember, this is NOT a sign up sheet. I just want to see who is interested.

message 2: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I think this is an interesting take on the pick-it-for-me concept. I would definitely sign up for this.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I like this better than the traditional pick-it-for me since I can choose books to fit the categories they give me, rather than being stuck with one specific title of someone else's choosing. (Which you may or not like, provided you can find it.)

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Worth a spin.

message 5: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) This sounds interesting - I'd be willing to give it a go. I especially like that it would be over several months.

message 6: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) Thanks for the enthusiasm. I really hope this works. Please keep posting your opinions. When I get all the little details worked out it will most likely become a challenge.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'll do it with the pick a book in a certain category. Maybe look at their "To read" and either pick from there or something similar that I've read.

message 8: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 16 comments Sounds like fun, but it depends how many books over how long. :)

message 9: by Sandy (new)

Sandy It would depend on the number of books. I wouldn't want to try to read 12 on top of the other challenges I'm doing.

message 10: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) It would be between 8-10 books over two months give or take.

message 11: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (reading_belle) I would definitely like to try this!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jnhart) i'd give it a shot

message 13: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) I'd sign up (if I caught it in time), sounds like an interesting spin on the challenge.

message 14: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) Okay great. Sounds like a go in July. (start of the next quarter)

message 15: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) Cool. Will you be sending an event reminder? God knows I'll forget about it by then. hehe

message 16: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) Sure! Hadn't thought about that, but it is a good idea. LOL

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Can I Steal this idea from you for my group?

message 18: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) Which group is it? And would it be the exact idea or a little different? Message me with the details please. :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) here is the link http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

I will change it up a little but I liked to ask before I used it.

message 20: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) I suppose you could this one, that's fine, but since that group is very much like my own... I can't give out too many ideas or we will never have anything original! :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "I suppose you could this one, that's fine, but since that group is very much like my own... I can't give out too many ideas or we will never have anything original! :)"

I know what you mean. I am going to change this idea up a lot. So it will be more my own you know.

message 22: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) Yep. Thanks for asking. Best of luck to you :) (I hope you will still participate in challenges here, as I try to keep them original and fun for everyone.)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Lenore *--*Phierce*-- * wrote: "Yep. Thanks for asking. Best of luck to you :) (I hope you will still participate in challenges here, as I try to keep them original and fun for everyone.)"

yeah I am and I love challenges lol

message 24: by Lenore (new)

Lenore  (lenorenrr) Great!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.