Warhammer 40,000 Fiction discussion

Pics of some upcoming Heresy works

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/...

Looks like the adventures of Nathaniel Garro my be continuing.

message 2: by John (new)

John (angryjohnny) | 57 comments We have Nemesis coming out soon too, in August.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-produ...

And then there is Prospero Burns after The First Heretic coming out in January.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-produ...

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 61 comments Yah! I like Nathaniel Garro I'm glad there going to have more with him:)

message 4: by Kaohlir (last edited Apr 30, 2010 08:20AM) (new)

Kaohlir | 18 comments Indeed yes! This is fantastic news, and I am actually suprised, the morsels from a conversation with Swallow around Garro`s future (Ordo Malleus, Grey Knight founding for example) would manifest into something!

Great news, shame it is an audiobook...

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 61 comments audiobooks aren't bad...but I have these books so well nariated in my head that any one who tried to nariate it would disapoint me:)

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian Kaohlir wrote: "Indeed yes! This is fantastic news, and I am actually suprised, the morsels from a conversation with Swallow around Garro`s future (Ordo Malleus, Grey Knight founding for example) would manifest in..."

I've heard that these are more along the lines of audio-dramas. Though I've not come across anyone who has listened to them. I am thinking about picking up Raven's Flight just to see what they are like.

message 7: by Kaohlir (new)

Kaohlir | 18 comments Brian wrote: "Kaohlir wrote: "Indeed yes! This is fantastic news, and I am actually suprised, the morsels from a conversation with Swallow around Garro`s future (Ordo Malleus, Grey Knight founding for example) w..."

From what I have heard/read, Ravens Flight is good for the most part, shedding some light on Post-Dropsite Massacre-Isstvan V, although there seems to be some confusion as to 'Legion sizes' (although which specific Legion I can only guess) but I doubt that would affect the overall read.

On the lines of 'Forthcoming Heresy' I heard from a strong source that Abnett may indeed be penning a White Scars book (Perhaps against the Iron Warrior Legion?) and there seems to be something based around the Salamanders before they 'quit' the Heresy (If you know the story better, then forgive me if that is wrong =D )

message 8: by Brian (new)

Brian Another Garro novel (audiobook) has been posted for April 2011.

Garro: Legion of One
"Nathaniel Garro, loyalist Death Guard, and hero of the Eisenstein, has found a new calling in his service to the Emperor. Surrounded by a cloak of secrecy, Garro travels the galaxy in pursuit of his new goal. His quest will lead him to heart of the most destructive warzones, and reveal a secret that will change the course of the Horus Heresy itself..." by James Swallow

message 9: by John (new)

John (angryjohnny) | 57 comments Brian wrote: "Another Garro novel (audiobook) has been posted for April 2011.

"Nathaniel Garro, loyalist Death Guard, and hero of the Eisenstein, has found a new calling in his service ..."

Can you say Death Watch? Possibly even Grey Knights?

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian John wrote: "Brian wrote: "Another Garro novel (audiobook) has been posted for April 2011.

"Nathaniel Garro, loyalist Death Guard, and hero of the Eisenstein, has found a new calling in h..."

I was thinking Inquistor. Deathwatch and Grey Knights make more sense.