Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Kresley Cole's Heroines

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa X (new)

Lisa X I am a huge fan of Kresley Cole's Immortal After Dark series and love her characters but does anyone one find them to be raging feminist?

In every book the hero is always so in love with the heroine and would sacrifice anything to be with them by the end of the book but the same feelings are never reciprocated. Does this annoy anyone else or am I the lone ranger on this topic?

message 2: by Mrs.soule (new)

Mrs.soule (mrssoule) LOL, Lisa I agree with you that the heroines are all very strong and self-sufficient, but it's never bothered me that they're not QUITE as smitten as the guys. Seems like the guys pretty much earn it. :-) Especially with the last book I read in the series (Kiss of a Demon King), I thought Rydstrom deserved all the resistance he met in "wooing" Sabine.

message 3: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments I understand where your coming from Lisa, with the guys practically dying for the heroine. But I find it refreshing to read a book where the girl isn't panting after the guy, making cow eyes & crying her poor unrequited-loved heart out.

message 4: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments I love her heroines and I mostly like that the guys have to work for it. LOL. Just once in the series, though, I'd like to see a heroine do the chasing!

message 5: by Pickles (new)

Pickles (angstypickles) | 219 comments BTW, Lisa, you should join the IAD Group. :)

message 6: by Lisa X (new)

Lisa X But I find it refreshing to read a book where the girl isn't panting after the guy, making cow eyes & crying..."

True, it is refreshing. I actually really like her female characters I just think she pushes it just a little too much.

The last book I read (#5) Cadeon and Holly's story***SPOILER ALERT***at the end of the book when he finds out she's carrying his child and war is coming. She makes this comment like she is going to be fighting too. I wanted to reach into the book and slap her and tell her "I hate to break it to you but it's not all about you anymore".

Harper, I think I will join the IAD group. Aside from my complaining I really love Kresley Cole. Her books are always written so well.

Mrs. Soule, just started "Kiss of the Demon" starting out a little slow because of all the new characters she is introducing. Her glossary should be more extensive.