CT Readers discussion

Hello!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:44AM) (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Hi Group,

I am still fairly new to Goodreads, as you can probably tell from my non-existent profile. I live in Bridgeport. I looovvee reading and will pick up just about anything that looks interesting. I'm currently reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. Looking forward to meeting other CT Readers.

~J

message 2: by Renata (new)

Renata | 4 comments Hello and welcome to Goodreads. I have only been a member myseld for a few months, and have gotten even more addicted to books. I read Water for Elephants a while back - it is a quick read. Hope you like it.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin | 2 comments Hello group. I recently joined and keep hearing about Water for Elephants. I haven't read it yet but is on my list. I started reading the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S.Lewis. I know they are pretty much childrens books but someone told me to check them out. So far so good.
I love to read and will read anything that makes me take a second look before putting it down. I take book suggestions.

message 4: by Rose Ann (new)

Rose Ann | 29 comments I have Water For Elephants on my bookshelf to read.
Welcome to the group and goodreads!

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome Robin! Water for Elephants was great. You could pretty much predict what was going to happen, but I really liked the writing and set-up. I fell in love with the characters and didn't want to put the book down. I hope that you enjoy it if you read it.

I have also read the Chronicles of Narnia, although I haven't made it to all the stories. I didn't like The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe that much, but I enjoyed the other stories.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 11 comments Hello...I'm new to group and hoping to meet other avid readers near me. (Middletown). I am obsessed with my Nook and enjoy reading books on animals both fiction and non fiction, thrillers, mysteries, adventure, nature and paranormal.

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (stewartry) Hi, Melissa - I'm in North Haven. I'm always glad to see this group revived again!

I'm obsessed with my Kindle. ;)

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) | 11 comments I joined then realized that this group hasn't been active in years. I'm really hoping it gets going again. Looking forward to talking with other readers close by :-)