Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Weekly Poetry Stuffage > Week 40 (April 22nd-29th ) Poems----Topic: Masks DONE!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Hmmm... Opera Ghost.... masquerade perhaps?

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Wow.. The competition is all ready going to be fierce. YOU ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!!

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Is it Really Me?

I looked in the mirror,
what a gruesome sight,
should I close my eyes,
with all of my might?

I can't imagine,
what horror I am,
much more a Lion,
much less a Lamb.

Behind this mask,
I peer to see,
the only question,
"Who may I be?"

Nobody knows,
my true face,
losing my self,
that is my case.

I long to break through,
this cracked mask of mine,
ever so enlarging,
this thin pencil line.

Half the mask gone,
so only half a person,
I feel pain,
when will I be done.

Gone is my mask,
always covering me,
what do I feel,
well... not free.

I find myself an ugly person,
Why is my heart not lit,
Is it because,
is it because I miss it....?

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments No it is YOURS that is very good. MWAHAHA

message 5: by Caitlan (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) | 2869 comments both of urs are very good

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Thanks Kat.... and Al I SUPPOSE..... mwahaha....

message 7: by Thomas (Marimbapanda) (last edited Apr 22, 2010 05:54PM) (new)

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Thank You..... I think....

message 8: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments HAAHAHAHAHA! Thomas, you are one strange guy... ;]
But, I really enjoyed your poem. Absolutely marvelous. :D

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Thanks... I think...

message 10: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments He doesn't respond to compliments very well, does he? ;]

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Welllll...... I think it is sort of bad......

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Well, I am my own critique. I think that it is very corny.

message 13: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Nah... don't be your own critic. Listen to us.... you know you want to. ;]

message 14: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Wouldn't it be critic? Ah, well.
That's right, Al! You're the best author of all time! I need you to finish The Cursed!

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Al.... I am your biggest Fan..... HMPF

message 16: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Ah, you creepers! :O

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Hanzle... be afraid... BE VERY AFRAID

message 18: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments I'm shakin' in me boots!

message 19: by CJ (new)

CJ (cjthompson) Well Thomas, it might have been a teensy bit corny....but the last line totally makes up for it! I loved your poem XD

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Thanks..... I think.... LOL

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments You GUESS????!!!!

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Sniff......Sniff.....Sniff....Sniff....Sniff....Sniff....Sniff....Sniff.... ROAR

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments ALWAYS CHEEKY!!!!!

btw.... what is cheeky

message 24: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Something you should be proud of being.

And that was really cruel of you, Al. Of course we love him... we love everyone in the group! All one big happy family! :D

That didn't sound creepy at all...

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments So it is sort of a evil clever word....... Cheeky...... MWAHAHA

message 26: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Thomas, evil doesn't become you. ;] Hahaha!

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments I AM EVIl!!!!!!!!!! erp..... scuse me

message 28: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (magfly) | 87 comments Halloween
we celebrate death
creatures of the night
putting on masks
portraying gouls
feeling free
as our souls
mask cover what we wish to
uncovering our wild side
we do thing we never would
without the mask
it takes over
you are gone.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments That is really good.

message 30: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (magfly) | 87 comments Thanks

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments Al, ahaha that was very Phantom of the Opera. Loved it.

Maggie, that was very creepy, but true about how the masks of Halloween can posess some people. *shudders*

And Thomas... oh Thomas what is to be said about you...

You are all amazing writers, don't get me wrong, but BY GOD you can write Thomas. I love you. <3 Though... it might be more your writing. *tries in vain not to sound creepy and dies trying* Awesome job.

Now it's my turn... hmmm... something about Masks I haven't posted anywhere on Goddreads yet...

You all may very well get a taste of my darker depressed side with this one...

*searches for one*

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Thanks..... and what did you mean by the part where you say, it might be more your writing?

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments umm... that was my "in vain" attempt at not sounding creepy.

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments Ok ok I've decided. If you're loking for the mask connection, it's the "masks" than teens hide behind to "improve" themselves in High School. The poem was written on one of my I HATE SCHOOL occasions and I was pissed at High School for doing this to people.

And so it begins...

Institutional Poison

This thing called school,
it’s not an institution.
Swearing and cursing,
pain and tears.
It’s a battleground.

You can hear the bullets rip,
listen to the screaming,
all in the silence,
hidden behind masks.

And it’s not a surprise,
a few gunshots,
are commonplace.

But worse is the blood,
splattered on the wall.
The hate and the anger,
the stress and regret.
We personify depression.

This is what you do to us,
see our fight to live,
all in the silence,
hidden behind masks.

And it’s not a surprise,
razors and drugs,
are commonplace.

And then you wonder,
why we do it.
Lie and cheat,
cut and kill.
It’s what you taught us.

You’ve forced this upon us,
we are all alone,
all in silence,
hidden behind masks.

And it’s not a surprise,
we can’t show ourselves,
it’s commonplace,
for you not to understand.

They turn to us,
and say,
High School.
The best time.
Of your life.

But it’s not.

For us.
It is poison.
It kills us.
Until we are empty.
Forget immaturity.
Forget living life.
And face reality.

We are screaming.
On the inside.
Because you have taken away our voice.

But what does it prove?

FIN.

Hmmm... It's weaker compared to some of yours, but it will have to do nonetheless.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Weaker, you left me on the ground, shocked. I am now officially scared to go to High School.

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments Don't be. Just don't give in to anything you know is stupid, and keep your head held high. Being a little socially blind helps sometimes too. ;)

As a whole, it's as bad as I make it sound.

But to you, it's what you make of it.

One of the most amazing people I've ever met in my entire life was my Gr.9 High School Music Teacher. :'( He has passed however. I miss him.

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments and Thank you Al. I'm glad you liked it. It's dark though. A lot of my writing is. I'm trying to work on being happier.

I should throw up one of those links in the "My Writing" section...

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Amanda, your's was a lot better than mine. As Al said it......"IT WAS NOT WEAK! IT WAS BLOODY BRILLIANT, WOMAN!"

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments lmao. I beg to differ, but w/e I know I won't win.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Amanda, Leave the negativity to me, it does not suit you.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments No, she is saying that my poem is better, which is completely wrong. Al, tell her that her poem is better!!!

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments And I could argue that the negativity does not suit you Thomas. :)

But the fact of life is that we are all going to be hard on ourselves as writers because the minute we start thinking we write well is the minute we stop writing beautifully.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Meanie

message 44: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments Which is why we will always think the other is always better than ourselves. :( I'm sorry Thomas. I wish it was not so.

and Al, by all means you can quote me on that. I'm quite proud of that one.

message 45: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Oh my, you angry little hooligans! :O

You are all amazing writers! Now I'm scared to write something even slightly good for the fear of being harassed by all you excellent people. :)

And, Amanda, your poem gave me the chills and lowered my mood drastically. It made me wanna hide in a corner. All in a good way of course. :) And yes... now I am scared to go to high school next year, even though I'll be a Junior. What say you, Thomas... we can be terrified outta our wits together. ;)

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Agreed.... But I will be a little freshman.

message 47: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (magfly) | 87 comments Me Too!

Thomas (Marimbapanda) | 328 comments Amanda's was better than mine......

Ooops.... that slipped out.

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (dreamweaver38) | 509 comments *headdesk*

I'm just not gonna comment anymore.

Hanzle: Write something. Now.
And I'm sorry I'm making you all afraid of High School! The sad fact of the matter is that this happens to teens everywhere, not just high school.

Thomas and Maggie: Being a senior, I find it difficult to imagine that you are cute little freshmen NEXT YEAR. You're intellect far surpasses that of the average High School Senior.

Oh, and I feel the need to add this... DRUGS ARE BAD! SO IS CUTTING! EXPRESS YOUR ANGST IN POETRY!

message 50: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (magfly) | 87 comments Yes I would never consider any of those thing and Thank!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.