Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

25 views
General Chatting > Why Can't Successful Black Women Find A Good Man?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments I saw a few minutes of it because my tv happened to be on that channel when I got home. I just rolled my eyes when I heard Sherri Shepard say that she wasn't ready to "take a dip in the snow" because she just loved her black men.

Yet all the while she's on The View crying about not having a man. Expand your horizons lady. Statements like Sherri's are the reason there's this misconception that black women will not date outside their race.

A few women's views are somehow,whether right or wrong, made as the representative of the many.


message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
It seems like these kind of women have the loudest voices. I want to make a You Tube video stating, "None of these women represent me or speak for me in any way just because we both happen to be Black."

My question, why are they so fixated on it? My philosophy is, I'm living my life. When it's time for a man to come into, he will. I think each woman deserves to be pursued and for a man to work to get her. That's just me, though.


message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina | 22 comments At the risk of sounding 'We are the world', this is a lament that gets trotted around with white women as well. There are all kinds of statistics out there about the likelihood of any woman marrying past a certain age.

The thing is, in the Obama era, there is a raised awareness of black people. And it is especially true of black romance. Michelle and Barack have, by all accounts, an exceptional and strong marriage. With all the dirt they are trying to dig up on this man, there has never been even a hint, not even the merest scent of another woman. And much has been made of their love for each other.

I remember while he was campaigning for President, there was this fabulous picture of them on the cover of some magazine. Michelle's hair and make-up were incredible. He was standing behind her, embracing her looking like he was kinda inhaling her scent. She had this huge smile on her face and his eyes were closed as if he was all "hells yeah!" That picture caused a lot of comment. One comedian even said 'They look like they have sex.....with each other.'

So the big story is black love. And of course nobody ever asks men about relationship issues, it is always women. And all these women want their own Barack. Which, of course, opens the door to the old saw about successful black men and their propensity to date outside the race.

I did not see Nightline, I am in bed by 10:00 most nights. But I do wonder if there were any women who actually push or talk up the possibility of getting a non-Black male? It seems they populate their interviewees and panels with people who are just upset about the issue rather than people who are trying to come up with resolutions or work arounds.


message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I didn't watch it either. I'm not sure I'm missing much.

The thing I don't understand is, why is Black love put on a pedestal? Is Black love any better than love between a couple who are in love and committed to each other, regardless of race?

Okay, this is going to sound outre', but I feel that it's propaganda. What I mean is that it's put out there to keep people within the lines of expectations of others. If you want to have a relationship within your race, go right ahead. But it's not better or more desirable than having one with any man who you love and want to be with. It just isn't.

I was watching tv with some friends of mine, and my one friend says, "Black men are the most beautiful thing in the world." I didn't say anything, because that's not true for me. I think men of all races are beautiful. I can't and won't narrow my focus because society expects me to do that. That's just me.


message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I didn't watch it either. I'm not sure I'm missing much.

The thing I don't understand is, why is Black love put on a pedestal? Is Black love any better than love between a couple who are in lo..."


I agree Danielle


message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Maybe they should get us to go on TV


message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Let's do our own You Tube video, Sharon!!!


message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6617 comments Mod
When you all do, let me know. So, I can watch it.


message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
You can be on it too, Arch.


message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6617 comments Mod
Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "You can be on it too, Arch."

I don't like to be on camera.


message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I was totally joking. No way would I post a video of myself on Youtube. But someone needs to do it from the pro-IR, and non-narrow-minded perspective.


message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6617 comments Mod
I'm sure someone has already.


message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Let's do our own You Tube video, Sharon!!!"

oh my lawdddddddddddddddd..I am shy lol


message 14: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments Arch wrote: "I'm sure someone has already."

Yeah. I've come across quite a few pro-IR youtube videos. Particularly bw/wm or bw/am videos.


message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
That's good.


message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I think I said, "I like all kinds of men."


message 17: by Yolonda (last edited Apr 22, 2010 10:46AM) (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments Eugenia wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I think I said, "I like all kinds of men.""

Good for you. I'm just tired of his just because we're black, we all think and do the same thing. And Sherri Shep..."


I know, right?! LOL

I bet she's kicking herself now.


back to top