Spreading the Happiness discussion

Embaressing stories that you'll look back and laugh about some day

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear We all know we've had those moments where we've fallen in front of everyone, or just flat out made yourself look stupid. Dont be afraid to share, I have so many I'm just gonna put out a ton :) Because thats how I learn from my mistakes. LAUGH AT ME!!! EHEHE

message 2: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear Let's see...ok, so I'm a freshman in high school. I as coming down the stairs from french, had these flare light blue ripped jeans on and I have all my french papers in my hand, kinda reading them as I walked down the stairs. Yeah well some guy behind me caught his stupid boot on my pants, I tripped because of his boot being caught (they had weird little nub things on them) the nub thing had grabbed my pants and guess what?! the pants stayed with the boot and left me nearly completly pantless.

message 3: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear It was a monday, I have cheer practice then. So I had all my cheer stuff and I went to change in the locker room. WEll football practices on the same days as us. The boys and girls locker room doors are right by each other adn I was texting so I didnt really look where I was going. I go in and start changing, when I'm about half way done, a senior football guys (a friend of one of my older brothers) walks out of the showers. He was drying off his face and I look up. I scream bloody murder and he looks at me. His reaction: Oh MY GOD! SEINNA WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?! My reaction: What do you mean?! I'm changing!!! Thomas: IN THE BOYS LOCKER ROOM!? I stop and look at him and then he points to the other boys getting out of the shower. So I run out of there as fast as I can, (wearing very little clothing) and smack into the lacrosse boys team walking in. oh the joy..

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) In seventh grade, they decided to have a cherry pie bake-off in our school. I was ready to start working on mine. A problem in the works was that I had never cooked on an electric oven. Neatness counts a lot in the contest. I dropped some filling on the stove, so I wiped it off with my apron. All of a sudden, I smelled something burning. I happened to look down for some reason, so I saw my apron on fire. I started waving the apron in the air. That really helped. It helped to make it bigger. I went through all kinds of gyrations. I finally realized that water would probably get it out. I went to the sink and sure enough, the water got it out. Well, I knew when I got out there that I wasn't going to win. I was sloppy (that's why the whole thing happened to begin with), I got water all over the place from trying to put the fire out,and I had half an apron that was half the size it should be with a brown, zig-zagged border. I was panicky and mortified. I thought I would never feel any other way about it. Now I smile and laugh while telling the story.

message 5: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear LOL Wow, thats sooo awesome :) XD

message 6: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I was in eighth grade. I was wearing an outfit I made in home ec class. There I was, going down the stairs,and all of a sudden, for no reason, I fell. It was at the top of the steps. There were at least 16 steps. I flew down them on my knees. I was knocking people over like a bowling ball. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, everyone was laughing at me. Then to make matters worse, I had all of my school papers scattered all over the place in my notebook, and they all fell out of my notebook, and I had to collect them all. That took about 20 minutes of work. I was so embarrassed and mortified (I feel like that a lot), I couldn't even get my name straight. Now, however, I also smile and laugh when I am telling this story.

message 7: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I thought of another one. When I was selling Avon door-to-door in 1970, I stopped at one of my patrons houses. When I came out, the car wouldn't start. One of the neighbors of this patron decided he would figure it out for me. He worked very hard at fixing it for over an hour. Suddenly, I looked down and noticed my car wasn't in park. I nonchalantly put it in park while the gentleman was giving it a last try. He asked me to start it up, and it started like a charm. I thanked him profusely. He was probably getting sick of hearing me say thank you. It was because I felt guilty that I had let him work on my car for over an hour when he didn't need to. I was guilty, ashamed, mad at myself, and mortified (yes, again). Now it is a total joke. I smile and laugh as I talk about it. It really was pretty funny when you come to think about it.

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I was just thinking about embarrassing moments this morning. I don't have any that are funny though...

message 9: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Yesterday when I got home I was having a snack with my siblings. We were all drinking Kool-Aid and drinking impossible amounts. Well I took a huge swig of mine...and then my sister said something funny. I sprayed my juice all over the place, and choked a little. It was so funny. I don't think what she said was actually very funny, but it sure made me laugh.

message 10: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear LOL nicceeee

message 11: by Kenzie (last edited Oct 02, 2008 01:14PM) (new)

Kenzie My parents told me that when I was younger I used to love running into walls. I now use it as an excuse as to why I'm always forgetting things.

message 12: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the wall damaged your brain!!!

message 13: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I know.

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2008 08:16AM) (new)

This really cute boy and I liked to race to our math class from out 5th period classes. One day I was wearing flip flops. I was beating him but barely, but right infront of the door, i fell flat on my face right in front of him. we were both cracking up.

At the end of 3rd grade, I was bridging in girl scouts. earlier that day, my mom had treated my hair for lice with this oil stuff. i was sliding around in it before we left for the bridging. so when it was my turn to cross the bridge, i slipped and fell on my tail bone (which hurt the rest of the day) in front of 200 people! i was laughing so hard!

I was in an afterschool Jazzersize activity. i forgot it was wed. in the morning, so i put on this skirt that was a little big for me. my friend and i were doing jumping jacks before it started, and my skirt fell down!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

uh... lets see... in 3rd grade, my friend and i didn't see the rest of the class go in after recess. when we noticed, we had to run to our class. Everybody looked at us as we came running in and as our teacher got us in trouble...

message 16: by C♥S (new)

C♥S | 3 comments Last week I thought that Sunday was Monday...

i was chatting with my best friend (i thought it was her sister) and was telling her I'm going to call you to say happy birthday tomorrow...

she said "tomorrow is not my birthday"....plus my sister birthday is TUSEDAY today is Sunday ....

I was are you serious I thought it was Monday....

message 17: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear LOL.

Ok so I was in hip hop class at my school, I was wearing a dark red sports bra and dark gray mini shorts. I was helping out with the class with my brother and as we were dancing, we were gonna do this on lift for practice i was doing in another class during break and so he lifted me, but I didnt do it right so the when i spread to jump from the lift my shorts came clear off so I was in the air in my underwear :)

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) That sounds sooo embarrasing!

message 19: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear I'm pretty smooth ;)

message 20: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) This group is dead. Do you know how sad that is? That a happiness group is dead?

And do you know what else makes it sad? There is sadness in a happiness group.

message 21: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Where?!!

Isn't it awful that the 'Haters' group has more members and is more alive? What has happened to this world?!!!

message 22: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I know! And even the members combined in this happiness group and the other happiness group wouldn't even equal the people in the haters group I don't think!

message 23: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) ah, so sad.

any embaressing moments I have are usually things that I won't live down completely.

except for when I ran into the light pole...that was more painful than embarressing though.

message 24: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie LOL, Roni. I do that all the time. I'll be walking through the hall and a wall will just come out of nowhere. I swear, I think they're ganging up on me!

message 25: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) lol! that sort of happens with people.

Let me just say that solid objecs make better closed windows covered with curtains than opened doors.

message 26: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I agree!

I don't really have any new embarassing moments to share. Not many of my 'embarassing' moments are embarassing to me ... it's kind of weird....

message 27: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) And the opposite for me! Embarrassing moments for me would not seem like that big of a deal to other people.

message 28: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Actually, one thing that is consoling is to just remember that even though the moments might be embarrassing to you, you are the only one who remembers it.

message 29: by C♥S (new)

C♥S | 3 comments you are right

message 30: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Okay I've decided to tell you guys this one because it was so mortifying to me!

So my school has this geography bee, like a spelling bee, only with geography. I was in it and walked up to the microphone. I stepped on the stand and the microphone hit me in the nose and nearly fell down. It made a really loud sound and everyone in the audience was covering their ears. So I adjust the microphone to fit my height, only it won't, so I end up standing on the tip of my toes and saying, "Hi, I'm Riley." Now whenever I'm having a good day one of my friends has to remind me of that.

message 31: by C♥S (new)

C♥S | 3 comments that must suck

message 32: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Yeah. I've never done the geography bee again.

message 33: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Yikes. I feel bad for you.

message 34: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) OMG Sienna, I laughed soooo incredibly hard at your 2nd story...omg. I would have killed myself. But what a great story to tell your children someday! Not much can beat that...

message 35: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) What? Is she gone? I just joined... o_O

message 36: by Danae (new)

Danae (the_secret_writer) | 12 comments ok so i was at the store buying *girl things*, some milk and some books. I was just carrying these things in my arms try not to drop everything. Im not paying attention at all when i run straight into someone droping everything. I look up to see this amazingly hot guy he bends down and starts picking up my things and when he gets to the *girl things* he starts giggling and hands them to me. Then i gave him this, oh crap your hot and im an idiot look and he just burst out laughing so i walk away from him as fast as i can

message 37: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Ouch! That really sucks. I think I would die. LOL

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ I would just die of embarrassment!! He laughed, that would have been the final blow!

I have a story too, but lucky for me it didn't happen like that.

I had a little crush on a guy, we were reading when I was drinking water. I suddenly sneezed and all the water in my mouth sprays alover the place like a hose! And my little crush was right in front of me. So that basically got me a blushing and him saying "Whooo-Jesus!" It's finny when I think abou it.

message 39: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 13 comments A few years ago, I was at a fall party on my uncle's farm. One of the games we played was the egg toss. I paired up with my sister. We were doing fine at first but then we started to get really far from each other. I guess I didn't realize just how hard I needed to throw the egg, because it was only halfway to my sister when it bounced off my little cousin's head. the weird thing was, my cousin didn't even notice, she just kept on walking. I laughed a lot.

So, now we both knew how hard we needed to throw the egg. Here is the mortifying part. I don't know what happened, perhaps my sis threw it too far, maybe I miscalculated the toss, but the egg came in fast, and it cracked on my face! Everyone else laughed, but I cried, gooey yolk dripping down my forehead. Now that I think back, it makes me smile. And wince a little.

message 40: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) That's weird... It cracked on your face, but bounced on your cousin's head. Hmm.

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) its like a water balloon! They never break when they fall on the grass, but if you even just move it slightly in your hand...*SPLOOSH*

message 42: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller thats so true!!!!!!

Lol... i have a funny story..... tell you later. too long 4 now

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

embarassing story . . . the one I wrote about peter Pan. gah so embarassing!!!!

message 44: by Paige (last edited Jan 12, 2009 04:43PM) (new)

Paige Miller okay, I have one.

I walk into school, and this evil/popular/mean girl Becca, shouts, "Hey, Paige!"

So i turn around, right.

And this boy, Austin gets down on one knee and pulls out a little plastic ring.

"Will you marry me?" he asks, dead serious. My whole grade is watching.

"Ummmmmmmmmmm...." I say, really lost.

Now, to get this story you have to get that I'm the girl who says yes even to the dorky guys at school dances when they ask you to dance.

So, I really want to say no, but it just seems so mean.

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....." I continue.

Becca:" Say no or i'll hate you forever!"

I was going to say no anyway, and i don't need enemies. Ssssoooooo.....

"No?" I said, kind of making it sound like a question.

"Damn it!!!!" he yells.

I turn to Becca and say, "Umm, what the heck was that?!?!?!?"

Turns out, it was a game. Whoever got more yeses, (austin or becca) won. the loser had to pay the winner $5.

If i had known, i would've said yes, but i didn't. Of course, becca won 7-3.

I find this really hilarious now. :D

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz

message 46: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie LOL, poor guy.

message 47: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller glad you appreciate my terror. I was SO freaked out!!! I was like, OMG WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!

message 48: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I don't know what I would have done... my head would have been telling me to scream out yes and act really fake-excited, then give him a hug.

But common sense would have been like..."uh, no thanks."

Of course, the best option (which I would have thought of later no doubt) would be something like, "Only if you didn't go cheap and get me something plastic."

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Paige, u have the story 2wice.

message 50: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I can fix that...

« previous 1