Spreading the Happiness discussion

feel good stories

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gail (new)

Gail D.C. I made my children help me weed my garden the other day and I had to laugh at the moans and groans. By the end they were having a fun time and not quite ready to stop when we did. One of my children surprised me the next day by going out and working on the rest of the weeds themselfs. :) It was so nice of them to do it and it just made me SMILE. loved it and I still smile when I think about it.

message 2: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) One time I was driving my sister's car, and a tire blew. I had trouble steering and stopping. I never had a blown tire before,so I had no idea what to expect. I had no idea how to put a tire on the car. I was sitting at a gas station trying to figure out to do. All of a sudden, this good samaritan came and offered to change it for me. It was a true miracle. When he was done, I tried to give him some money for his time and labor. He said I should keep it, because it was going to make him happy for the rest of the day to have helped someone in dire need of assistance. I thanked him profusely. He smiled at me, and I smiled at him. I think we both had a better day than we started off with.

message 3: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Smiles go around and around, it's true. If you smile, eventually the circle will reach you and someone will smile at you.

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) isn't there some movie or something...pay it forward? isn't it when somebody does something nice for you, you do something nice for other people or whatever?

message 5: by Gail (new)

Gail D.C. yes it is called pay it forward. It was a great film. Its doing something good, nice or helpful for someone elts because you can and not ecpecting anyting in return for yourself. If more people did things like that what a great place to live.

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Yes! I just got an idea, but I will share it in a new discussion so everyone else can continue with their feel good stories.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

When I walked to our normal table for lunch after I got my lunch. I took a long time because I was at the back of the line. When I got to the table, there was 11 people sitting down. The rule is to have 12. One person said that I could not sit down with them. I was like, Why? There is one seat for me. She was saving a seat for a friend. I went to a different table. When I thought that I would be eating lunch alone, my two best friends come over and join me. Then I knew that they were truly my friends out of that table.

message 8: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie That's nice. I would have too, but I don't think I sat with you at that time...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

We didn't know each other at the time.

message 10: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Yes. When was that? Middle school? What year?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It was in 6th grade.

message 12: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Oh, that's sad that they didn't let you sit. At least you had Roni and Rainy! There's always a happy side!

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I don't remember that...but if I think hard enough, I might be able to concoct a mental image and convince myself it's real!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I do! I remember very clearly. I thought it was sweet what you guys did.

message 15: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) It always makes me feel good whenever a random person (that I don't even know) comes by and reads my writing that is on goodreads. :P

message 16: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Me too. Especially when they leave nice comments, it makes me feel good. ☺