The Riyria Revelations discussion

Book 2: Avempartha > Avempartha Wins Best of 2009 Book Tourney

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Apr 20, 2010 08:28PM) (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
For the official announcement go here: http://www.bscreview.com/2010/04/2009...

I NEVER expected this to happen. Robin and I were both stunned that Avempartha was even picked as one of the 64 best books of 2009. I actually thought this might be some kind of a joke, or at least the result of the selection committee needing one more and not caring what it was since it didn't have a chance to win anyway.

Clearly what they could not have foreseen, was the strength and determination of all you folks. I had no idea you were so powerful. You took out a bestselling author and two Hugo nominated novels! Remind me not to get on your bad side.

Thanks again everyone, you've all been truly great!

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) I knew it all along. Congratulations. You deserve it. No joke. Just fine writing, or else you wouldn't have such awesome fans.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Wow! Fantastic! Congrats, Michael. This is sure a feather in your cap.

I loved the comparison paragraph.

message 4: by Gregory (new)

Gregory Haney (haneyg) Congrats Michael!!! It was great to be a small part that helped you receive the recognition you undoubtedly deserve!

message 5: by Elise (new)

Elise (ghostgurl) | 56 comments Congrats! :)

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) | 232 comments WOOHOO! I am so happy for you both! :-) I think it's well-deserved, and the only thing making it surprising is the lack of a major publisher! ;-) Enjoy your win! :-)

message 7: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeannekc) | 36 comments Awesome!! Great job everyone! Now it's time to PARTY!!!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hayden (melhay) | 37 comments Well, it seems you have a very faithful and determined group here. :) Glad to hear we could help get you to a wonderful point with the book. The little guys can come out on top sometimes. CONGRATS on the win!!!

P.S. I'm going to make sure I don't upset all the others here. I don't want on there bad side either. ;)

So now that we have this one under our belt, what is the next challenge? :)

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Melissa wrote: "...So now that we have this one under our belt, what is the next challenge? :) "

Getting Michael to write faster!
;-)

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) | 232 comments Jim wrote: "Melissa wrote: "...So now that we have this one under our belt, what is the next challenge? :) "

Getting Michael to write faster!
;-)"

LOL Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it's already all written - he just needs to hone it, edit, etc.

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Details, Heather! Is the book in my hot little hands being read? No! Therefore, Michael needs to hurry up.

;-)

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
Once the series is out in total, you will have nothing more to look forward to except fan fiction, and bad movie adaptations. Enjoy the wait while you can.

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Ah, love bad movies. What?

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) You'll just have to start another one, Michael. Can't disappoint the fans!
;-)

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 56 comments "We are the champions, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!"

Look, democracy, contrary to popular belief, is not dead after all!

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) | 232 comments Jim wrote: "Details, Heather! Is the book in my hot little hands being read? No! Therefore, Michael needs to hurry up.

;-)"

I don't know details. I just remember Michael and/or Robin saying he's already written the whole series. Perhaps I misread something, though.

message 17: by Elise (last edited Apr 23, 2010 12:03PM) (new)

Elise (ghostgurl) | 56 comments Michael wrote: "Once the series is out in total, you will have nothing more to look forward to except fan fiction, and bad movie adaptations. Enjoy the wait while you can."

Or a new series? ;) I'd love to see a movie, doesn't mean it has to be bad though lol.