Darkyn Lovers discussion

John Keller

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Iam i the only one who thinks he's themost annoying character. I really don't see the purpose of being subject to reading his story in most of the books. I try so hard to stay focused aand cantinue reading when his parts are up but he's just so boring. Do you agree or no?

message 2: by Gypsie (new)

Gypsie Holley No, I believe he is essential to Alexandra's character and without him and his story we would miss alot of underlying information on their connection both in the family way and their Darkyn/Brethen way. And the way that Veihl left John at the end of Twilight, I can't wait for the next book to continue his story line!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I just finished reading Twilight and now I agree that his story is essential but he is still an annoying and exhausting character.But I can't wait to read about how what happened to him did.

message 4: by new_user (last edited Aug 13, 2008 10:34PM) (new)

new_user (I just realized there are more topics, lol.) xD

Aw, I like John. He started off kind of cowardly, but slowly you see him start to become comfortable with himself. I mean, he must have had some strength to look after himself and his sister on the streets. I think he's the type to bottle it up until he snaps. Maybe the next book will do it.

True, he kind of pales next to his strong sister, but we only see the victimized side of him since he's always manipulated by the Church. Poor guy. Viehl tortures him so much, lol. His part in the books did bring home the depravity of the Brethren. We might not have been so affected if it were some cardboard character in his place being manipulated, etc.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) You know what I never saw it like that. LOL now I feel kind of bad for the guy. I never thought how bad he actually had it on the street and what he had to do to survive and protect his sister. Ok I think I have warmed up to John just a little bit.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 15 comments He was a bit annoying at first, but I warmed up to him after a while.

*spoiler*

I saw him becoming darkyn from a mile away though.

message 7: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL, Jennifer. I didn't until I read the last book. It was always a possibility of course, but I just didn't see how she could rationalize that until she revealed the truth about their origins.

message 8: by Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (last edited Jan 08, 2009 12:53PM) (new)

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Yeah that little plot twist was great I like how all of them are somehow connected. I can't wait to see what she does in Stay the night.