The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate Reading List discussion

Chapter 2: Popular Fiction > I Capture the Castle

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
This was a great story of one girl's coming of age story. We see everything through her eyes as she realises that she may not know her family as well as she thought. And learning something about her self in the process.

message 2: by EJ (new)

EJ Johnson | 21 comments Not easy to read because of the time period and different values but still interesting.

message 3: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 103 comments I've had my sister's copy of this book for at least a year, maybe longer but I just can't seem to make any real headway with it.

message 4: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
it takes some time to get into. but I did enjoy the book once i got half way through it

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) I LOVED this book, it was so easy for me to fall in love with Cassandra.

Plus, I am a huge fan of Stephen. *sigh* Cassandra, you idiot!!

message 6: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
lol.

message 7: by Sunflower (new)

Sunflower | 33 comments I really enjoyed this. Have just finished it and gave it 4 stars. I think it has weathered the years well, and the story of her eccentric family and her coming of age told through Cassandra's viewpoint kept me interested. The idea of her describing her writing process is also clever- " I write this sitting in the kitchen sink" is up there with the best of opening lines.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I love "I Capture The Castle." I read it a long time ago. I would love to reread it. Great book.

message 9: by Trisha (new)

Trisha I also thought this was a great story. It reminded me a lot of the Young Adult reading I do with my own teenager. I think she would really enjoy this book too. I loved travel through her trying to piece together who she loved, why and who she was (and what she stood for).