Best Teen Books discussion

what book would you read ?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gaby (new)

Gaby | 6 comments hi
so what book would you read that you think is fun and why , what is it about?

message 2: by Gaby (new)

Gaby | 6 comments i really like romantic books like twilight, the one pride and prejustice and many more books.

message 3: by Gaby (new)

Gaby | 6 comments i really like romantic books like twilight, the one pride and prejustice and many more books.

message 4: by Aroha (new)

Aroha (Arohaaa) | 4 comments Vampire Academy is the best book series everrr :) EVERYONE needs to read it!

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 36 comments FUN YA to read? For me that's light plot line, some comedy, etc. Anything by Meg Cabot - I LOL when I read her stuff! Also - love the Ally Carter Gallagher Girl series...lots of fun to read just because they are kick ass girls having fun, taking out spies and criminals, lots of fun! And an oldie but a goodie...have you ever read Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging? Hysterical British humor!

message 6: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 5 comments I loved the Kiki Strike series. Go check em out.

message 7: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Asher (CynthiaLilangel) | 9 comments i have not read those books but im sure there good and i will read them

message 8: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Asher (CynthiaLilangel) | 9 comments ellen hopkins books

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Asher (CynthiaLilangel) | 9 comments meg cabot

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Asher (CynthiaLilangel) | 9 comments i love the twilight saga by staphanie meyers

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Asher (CynthiaLilangel) | 9 comments i also love laurie halse anderson books

message 12: by Natacha (new)

Natacha (tacha) | 3 comments I love YA paranormal romance. I've tried a few other YA genres but continue to gravitate to PR.

message 13: by Aroha (new)

Aroha (Arohaaa) | 4 comments im gonna read YA paranormal romance then! :) lol

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (LisaTran) | 5 comments Aroha wrote: "Vampire Academy is the best book series everrr :) EVERYONE needs to read it!" lol i've read vampire academy! it's really good

message 15: by Pam (new)

Pam Williams | 47 comments I'm looking forward to reading the sequel to Shiver, Linger.

message 16: by Nina (new)

Nina | 32 comments Aroha wrote: "Vampire Academy is the best book series everrr :) EVERYONE needs to read it!"

I haven't started reading this series, but I do keep hearing that they ROCK! :) I have to buy them asap, don't I? :)

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna | 47 comments Fun Books?

The Abundance of Katherines (John Green)
Leap Day (Wendy Maas)
The Summer I Turned Pretty--a little more serious

I really like Ellen Hopkins and Laurie Halse Anderson books, but I don't think of them as "fun"--except Prom by SHA

message 18: by Pam (new)

Pam Williams | 47 comments Pam wrote: "I'm looking forward to reading the sequel to Shiver, Linger."
They are paranormal romances about a girl and a wolf. I would recommend these to anyone who likes Twilight.

message 19: by Mindi (new)

Mindi Poelwijk (mindip) | 1 comments Pam wrote: "I'm looking forward to reading the sequel to Shiver, Linger."

I loved Shiver. Really looking forward to Linger also.

message 20: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3 comments I loved Shiver as well. I thought it reminded me a lot of "Twilight" and that is why I suggested it to my friends who also loved Meyer!

message 21: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 236 comments Humorous--I have on my book shelf--Tangled by Carolyn Mackler
and
After Ever After by Jordan Sonneblick
these authors use humor to tackle some very serious topics but you laugh and laugh and laugh with their books!

message 22: by Tosha (new)

Tosha | 2 comments Aroha wrote: "Vampire Academy is the best book series everrr :) EVERYONE needs to read it!"

I absoulutly agree! the new one spirit bound was beautifully written!

message 23: by Anne (new)

Anne | 9 comments It's been awhile since I've read "Tangled" but I don't remember it having much humor. It was pretty serious. One book that I thought was hilarious was "Swim the Fly" by Calame. It's a great boy book and I laughed and laughed.

message 24: by bjneary (new)

bjneary | 236 comments Anne, there was humor in Tangled from Jena and Owen's point of view---Mackler's books always have lots of humor in dealingn with some serious subjects. Now I am laughing out loud with Sonneblick's book- who ever thought writing about cancer survivors would be funny...