Read After Your Bedtime Books discussion

General > Recommend A Book

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 197 comments Mod
This is where people can recommend books to the group.

message 3: by Zakiya (last edited May 05, 2010 05:07PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 201 comments Mod
To save myself the trouble of naming basically all the books I've read, you can check out my "read" shelf and even my "to-read" shelf if you want! :) Most of the books on the "read" shelf have 5 stars, but that's because I practically am in love with every book on there. Lol

READ - http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...
TO READ - http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 4: by Jem (new)

Jem  (toomanybooksforfaviourates) Mine is a long list but I would recommend to anyone Melina Marchetta's The Piper's Son and Looking for Alibrandi. They are fantastic.

message 5: by Zakiya (last edited May 18, 2010 03:42PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 201 comments Mod
Okay so I went back and redid my bookshelves. I'm going to add a favorite folder and the ones with five stars will all be added to it :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

o where do i begin? i so many favorites it hard to choose just a few :) but here are some

heist society- ally carter
prophecy of the sisters- michelle zink
the goose girl- shannon hale
fallen- lauren kate
the hunger games- suzanne collins
secret society- tom dolby

message 7: by Vivi (new)

Vivi The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (I'm not sure if that's YA)
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger (not sure about that one either)
The House of Night series by Kristin and P.C. Cast

message 8: by Ashley (last edited Jun 09, 2010 08:13AM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) The Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood(This is actually been turned into a movie, with Zac Efron playing the lead role. Not to happy about that...I was expecting an older guy)

Thirteen Reasons Why -Jay Asher

message 9: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 10 comments Hey everyone. I've recommended so many books lately, but I did find out that time travel romances are relatively unknown to a lot of you. So, I would love to recommend "When Lightening Strikes" by Kristin Hannah. It's a great way to introduce this genre. You will be hooked.

message 10: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Of my most recent reads I would recommend reading the Last Song by Nicolas Sparks and if you like Sparks I would also recommend A Walk to Remember.

message 11: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 10 comments Hi Carla! I agree 100%. Nicolas Sparks is a master at pulling you into the story. I went to my local Book Nook consignment store and they were all out except for "The Choice" in hardback. I had already picked out four books and just didn't have the money for it, but next time I'm there, I am definitely going to get it.

message 12: by Erica (storybookend) (last edited Jul 20, 2010 07:48AM) (new)

Erica (storybookend) | 10 comments My Favorite books:
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) by Kristin Cashore Fire (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #2) by Kristin Cashore The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund Inkheart (Inkheart, #1) by Cornelia Funke

Also Harry Potter series (best books ever!), Fablehaven series, and Percy Jackson series.