Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > Iceland volcano shuts down Bookdepository service to North America

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
I went to check out Bookdepository today and found this message:

"Sorry! Due to the volcanic eruption beneath the Eyjafjallajoekull glacier in Iceland and subsequent grounding of all air traffic in Europe, we’re experiencing delays and supply issues. As a result we’re suspending our service to North America, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope that flights will resume soon and we can start the service again. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Customers outside of North America may order via BookDepository.co.uk although some of these deliveries may also be subject to delay."

It never even crossed my mind that commerce service from the UK would be shut down like air travel from the UK has, even though in hindsight it is so obvious that that would happen. It'll be interesting to see when this will all clear up.

message 2: by Valorie (new)

Valorie Thank goodness I got my Silver Borne before that happened! I'm waiting for my J.R. Ward Lover Mine book though. Hopefully they will start flying again soon!! I feel bad for all the stranded people.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Valorie wrote: "Thank goodness I got my Silver Borne before that happened!"

I was thinking the same thing. I finally got to start it today and it's definately holding my attention.

message 4: by Valorie (new)

Valorie Joseph wrote: "Valorie wrote: "Thank goodness I got my Silver Borne before that happened!"

I was thinking the same thing. I finally got to start it today and it's definately holding my attention."

That's great! I keep hearing good things about it! I'm hoping to jump into it soon.

message 5: by Joseph (new)

FYI, the site is back up and running, so hopefully service from Bookdepository should be back to normal soon.