Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Has anyone read Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikki28) | 10 comments Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill

Ijust want to see if anyone had read thi series and what your thoughts on the series.
I enjoyed it, but i thought Merit and Morgan should have hooked up.. I don't know whay i just dont want her to give in to Ethan, and He pretty much throw Merit at Morgan, so i just think she she be with Morgan.

message 2: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments I know what you're saying, but Morgan also manipulated her into it, so he's guilty too. Neither of them should be with her! LOL. But we're already discussing this in another thread. Check it out:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2...

message 3: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) | 138 comments Nicole wrote: "Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill

Ijust want to see if anyone had read thi series and what your thoughts on the series.
I enjoyed it, but i thought Merit and Morgan should have hooked up....."

I know what you mean. I really liked Merit! Ethan is cold.
You have to read the next book in the series. Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill
And then the 3rd book is coming out this summer.

chucklesthescot I've got the book on my shelf ready to use as one of my May group reads! I'm looking forward to it!

message 5: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Yay! Enjoy, chuckles!

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 43 comments I got these out from the library but haven't read them yet, Are they YA books or Adults,What are they like??? i am not to sure if i wanna read them,i got them out some one recommend them to me :)

message 7: by Leigh (last edited Apr 25, 2010 05:51AM) (new)

Leigh (llogan24) hi, Angela - they are adult; however, there isn't much "action" if you know what i mean. there's much more tension than anything else. Neill, the author, has even said that the first two, Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill and Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill , could be rated PG/PG-13. however, she states that the third, Twice Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill (to be released July 6, 2010) could be rated R. *yea!*

i highly, highly recommend these books. Neill is a very talented author, and you get wrapped into the first book right away...it does not suffer at all from the First-in-a-Series syndrome. the protagonist, Merit, is very witty and full of snark, and i have really enjoyed watching her grow and develop over the past 2 books. also, the peripheral characters are excellent as well. Neill has great character development all around. again, can't stress it enough...try them. i think you'll really enjoy them! :)

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. | 69 comments I agree, I also highly recommend the series. I've read both books as well as the excerpt for the next one. The series reminds me in style to Mercy Thompson: strong, likable lead female character, lots of action and adventure, great world building, good character development. But also has the snarky dialogue and humor that you find in a Shelly Laurenston book. Bringing the two styles together makes for a TERRIFIC series!

FYI, I saw a post by the author a while back saying that there's going to be some romance and nookie in book three. I can't wait for that book--shapeshifters are going to play a prominent role so it's going to be a good one.

She is introducing a hot new character, and I've seen chats on various boards guessing that he might be Merit's love interest in the next one. Personally I'd love that...wouldn't it put Ethan's boxers in a bunch! After the way he's treated her he deserves it. I wouldn't mind Ethan and Merit getting together later in the future when she is more powerful (possibly running her own house by then), and they are a bit more equalized so he's not walking all over her. I love the romantic tension between them, but he uses her too much like a pawn always putting his house first.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 43 comments Cool thanks guys, that helps me out heaps, i am going to give it a go :)
They sound real good,so i have to at lest give them ago..lol