A Place Called Here A Place Called Here discussion

A sensational debut novel that proves true love never dies.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Jane Burnham Since Sandy Shortt’s childhood schoolmate disappeared twenty years ago, Sandy has been obsessed with missing things.
Finding things becomes her goal – whether it’s the odd sock that vanished in the washing machine, the car keys she misplaced or the graver issue of finding the people who vanish from their lives. Sandy dedicates her life to finding these missing people, offering devastated families a flicker of hope.

Jack Ruttle is one of those desperate people. It’s been a year since his brother vanished into thin air. Thinking Sandy Shortt could well be the answer to his prayers, he embarks on a quest to find her.

But when Sandy goes missing too, she stumbles upon the place – and people – she’s been looking for all her life. A world away from her loved ones and the home she ran from for so long, Sandy soon resorts to her old habit again, searching. Though this time she is trying to find her way home.

About the author

Before embarking on her writing career, Cecelia completed a degree in journalism and media studies. She is the author of PS, I Love You, Where Rainbows End and If You Could See Me Now. A film adaptation of PS, I Love You is currently in production with Warner Brothers and Wendy Finerman Productions, starring Hilary Swank. If You Could See Me Now has been been optioned by Walt Disney Pictures for development as a musical for the producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron of Oscar Winning Chicago, Hugh Jackman is set to star and co-produce. In September Cecelia won the Corinne Prize For Where Rainbows End in Germany and also The Irish Post Awards for Literature in London. Over 3 million copies of her books have been sold worldwide. Cecelia lives in Dublin.

DenXXX How can it be a debut novel if it's not the first one she has written?

Rachael Fantastic book! Love Celcelia Aherns creative imagination!
Brilliant!

Amanda Great book but it's not her first novel it's her third!

http://divaliciouzbookreviews.blogspo...

Rachel I loved this book.

Shweta loved it but it was a slow read

Shahnaaz Her books are different from average..Her imagination and ideas are wonderful!!!

message 8: by Kacey (last edited Mar 08, 2013 06:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kacey Love it when she view things and ideas from a different angle. Magically creates a place called "here" and brought the reader there!

Joana It's an amazing book, the second I read from her and definitely the one that made me fall in love with her writing and really open my eyes to her extraordinary talent of creating beautiful magical stories that make us learn something about life and ourselves.
I instantly knew I wanted to read every single one of her novels and after doing so, I have liked all of them, especially If you could see me now, Thanks for the memories and The time of my life.. Those are simply incredible!