The Riyria Revelations discussion

Book 2: Avempartha > Avempartha in another poll run-off

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ridan (new)

Ridan | 41 comments We'll soon see whether Avempartha takes the final brass ring in the BSC Tournament of Books. Just wanted to let everyone know that it as a "monthly read" in a Fantasy Group here at GoodReads.

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/32...

Avempartha has tried a few times and has lost everytime in this group (once by a single vote) If it doesn't win this time it, and all of Michael's books, will not be able to be voted for in the "goodreads" author category as they are changing the criteria.

Here's keeping our fingers crossed.

Susan.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Hasn't the Fantasy group already read one of Michael's books? I thought this poll was just for newcomers?

message 3: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeannekc) | 36 comments Yes, we've read Crown Conspiracy but the rules don't state that an author can't have been read yet :-) just that they need to be a relatively new author which Michael is!

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Ah! Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.

message 5: by Ridan (new)

Ridan | 41 comments I didn't realize it was for "new comers" I thought it was for "little guys" but based on a post from JJ Michael will be disqualified as I mentioned.

The book that is winning - sounds interesting. The only thing I don't understand is the "criteria" said it had to be available for international purchase in print and I see only ebooks - no print at all. In any case I'm going to get it for my Kindle - mainly because of Jim's positive review of it ;-)

message 6: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeannekc) | 36 comments JJ didn't state that in the rules so Chris okayed Avempartha for this round. It won't be eligible in the future for the Goodreads author poll.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 34 comments To be honest, I think Michael would do okay in the general fantasy poll if entered. He has lots of fans on GR and in the FBC in general.

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I hope you enjoy the book, Ridan. It wasn't pretty, I'll warn you. It was enthralling, though.

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 34 comments Ridan wrote: "The book that is winning - sounds interesting.The only thing I don't understand is the "criteria" said it had to be available for international purchase in print and I see only ebooks - no print at all."

I'm looking now. When you click to the link of the book itself, the information there says that it is available in "Kindle Edition and Trade Paperback", but I'm not seeing anywhere that I can get a trade paperback copy.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 34 comments Oh wait. He posted a link for it in the thread for his book: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback...

message 11: by Robin (last edited Apr 27, 2010 08:14PM) (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 268 comments Mod
Ya I didn't see that at first and ended up getting it on my kindle. He is a good writer - very clean prose and nice flowing style. Susan liked it enough that I got a copy too. I think the book "sagged" a bit in the middle but overall a very good addition from a new author.