Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

***SPOILERS**** > Season 4 Finale!!!!! Spoilers be here!!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments Is anyone else as excited as I am? I want to re-watch the previous episode so that I remember what all was happening, so I think I'll have to catch the encore performance before the big show.

I don't know how we're going to wait all the months until the next season premieres. It's going to be a tough summer on the television-watching front.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments I have to watch the enhanced version, there will be clues so I have to check! I'll be on GR when the repeat is on, just to get filled in on any clues you guys may have found. I am going to die if Lost doesn't show up again this September, because I know there's going to be a cliffhanger, and it'll be an even bigger cliffhanger than usual. I am going to be hunting for spoilers, so if any of you have any links, I'd love some!

message 3: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
I feel torn here. I cant wait to see the finale, but then we have to go 8 or 9 more months until a new season starts. I cant wait that long..... Perhaps something cool will come on this summer or fall that will take my mind off of it.

I will probably fall even deeper into my Lost Lit List, devouring all the Novels linked through Lost to at least whet my Lost appetite while it is off the air!

I am expecting big big things tonite! Alot of answers ... i hear we will find out who is in the coffin, i saw a few spoilers that looked intriguing...

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments Do you mean the coffin that Jack visited in the Season 3 finale? That one has been driving me insane trying to figure out.

I'm with you, Lori. I have very high expectations for tonight's episode, and knowing how good the Lost writers are at putting together finales I have a feeling we won't be let down. Even if we are left with more questions than answers (again)...

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments I've been going crazy thinking about who it is in the coffin! I'm expecting big things as well, Sessy, I think your right, but I'm hoping at least a couple of our questions are answered!

message 6: by Mona (new)

Mona | 4 comments VERY EXCITED about tonight's season finale... Can't wait to see what you all think too!

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments I'M WATCHING IT! (The enchanced version)

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments OMG i just realized something, I think Sun's father already knows about Jin's death at the very beginning. He has connections to Witmore!!!!!!!

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Looks like the whole story about the Oceanic 6 and how they were rescued is fake.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Looks like the people Ben was signaling to are the people in the temple!

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments HOLY CRAP! I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING! When Sun's father is talking to people about banks, and saying that whoever did it used five banks. THAT WAS BEN!

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments I was just thinking about why Sayid left Nadia, why????

message 13: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments HOLY CRAP! I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING! When Sun's father is talking to people about banks, and saying that whoever did it used five banks. THAT WAS BEN!

I thought it was Sun and what her father was talking about was the buyout of Paik that Sun managed.

Also, Sayid never left Nadia. He helped her escape from torture in Iraq and then spent the next forever looking for her once he left Iraq. They finally met up again when she realized that Sayid was one of the survivors.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments No, I mean when he is a working for Ben. I loved that seen with Kate, pure gold.

message 15: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments oh, he didn't leave Nadia. She got killed at an intersection by a hit-and-run driver that Ben convinces Sayid was an agent of Widmore's. That's what brought Sayid into Ben's plan of vengeance.

message 16: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

my hd cable connection is really bad tonite. its skipping and freezing like a mother. i am sooo freaking pissed right now!

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments omg poor u lori!!! It' soooo awesome. What the hell did ben just do!!! And why!???

message 18: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

i cant even read thier lips when it locks up, i am gonna kill my cable company..

every couple minutes it jams up on me for a second or two....

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments OMG, who is Jeremy? And Locke seems completely on the same page as Ben now.

message 20: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

SPOILERS>>>>>>>

i am thinking maybe jeremy is abbadon??? he seems to be visiting the o6 and telling them stuff...... its gotta be who was in the coffin.....

Jack, kate, hurley and sawyer bought themselves bens free pass off the island, that was weird. but still, who is taking them off of it?

miles knows that charolette has BEEN ON THE ISLAND BEFORE>>>>>> how? when? why?

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments HOOWWW!? And forgot Locke being on the same page, that's so wrong! So they're time traveling, holy crap, they're putting the island in the future?

message 22: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

well, i dunno how it would work, putting all the metal in there, when the video says you shouldnt do that???!!!

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Okay, and Ben just killed everyone on the boat! What about Dessy? And Sun! And what was with the "So"? They're must be a strategy to this, Ben never acts purely on emotion.

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments SAWYER'S DEAD. And we still don't know the favor! I hate Lost!

message 25: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

keamy hasnt exactly died yet, the battery is frozen, so they still have time to get off the boat. sun is an o6, so you know she makes it.

damn!!! we dont get to hear what sawyer told kate..... that sucks. but it was so heroic how he sacrificed himself for them... did you see hurley when frank said he wished they were a couple hundred pnds lighter... haa haa.. priceless.

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments rofl. Keamy's dead. YAY! But Saywer (tears and tears) :( god I hate Lost!

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments OMG JIN! SUN! AND CHRISTIAN! AND SAWYER! (cries and cries and cries) God I hate/ love this show! And Keamy's dead.

message 28: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

OHMYGOD.... christian... micheal.... he said you can go..... christain is a HUGE LINK TO THE ISLAND THEN, HE HAS POWER........ jin... freighter... poor sun...

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments SAWYER, SUN! CRIES!

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments SAWYER'S ALIVE!!! I LOVE YOU LOST! Poor Sun! Sun rocks now! She's so tough I love it! Who was the other person who left the island? Ben? And why DOES she want to help Widmore? One big question I have right now: HOW THE HELL DID SUN NOT HAVE A MISCARRAGE?

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments OMG! No wonder they're tramatized! If Emerson doesn't win the award, I will be soooo pissed!! That was pure freaking genius right there! Poor Ben, giving up his whole life. But he's back at his tricks again very soon, but I wonder why? And I get why Richard time traveled now! His faith is what made him the new leader. And Sawyer's alive! YAY!

message 32: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

bye bye island! that was a little cheesy. a frozen wheel, pink sky, we know ben only time travels but where the hell did the island go?

Sun knew her dad knows Widmore. and she wants to play nice with him? i dont buy it.

Sayid got Hurley outta the nut house tho...

still want to know who the hell betham is ... and we only got a 1/2 hour. now if only my tv will behave... i lost about 10 minutes when it came back from commercail, as ben was saying whatever he said to locked before he went down to the wheel... goddamn my digital cable!

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments I hope your happy jacob
that was it. I don't think it was cheesy, how else would you get an island to disapear?? PENNY! DESMOND!!!!!!! AND WHAT HAPPENS TO JUILET AND SAYWER! They are the two love interests for Jack and Kate after all! And Ben! And Locke! And Richard! I love this show! The finale is amazing! But who the hell is Jeremy? Who are all these people with nams beginning in J?

message 34: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Hurray for Penny, and jack is the instigator of the lies. well, Locke fed it to Jack, who decided to feed it to everyone else. What the hey.... And thats how locke knew jacks future.. about the lying and the eating him alive....

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments OMG LOCKE IS JEREMY! HOW DID HE GET OFF THE ISLAND! And they ALL have to go back!!! Locke! so it looks like Ben was more important all along, of course. And what was so awful that happened? And what happened to Saywer and Kate and Miles?

message 36: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

wow. my poor locke.
i think this is why christian is alive on the island. he needed to be brought back, which means he was a part of it before. Locke will have to go back to be brought back to life... this is getting weird!

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments They are going to have to reverse everything.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments So what do we know now?
Omg, I NEED spoilers right now! And neither Kate or Sawyer know the other's alive. And what was that favor?!

message 39: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

poor jin.... i thought for sure i heard he was alive. and locke... my heart is broken.

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Ya, I loved Locke too, why oh why did he have to go all cold and heartless, poor Locke :(. But I like Ben better! Gotta love Ben!

message 41: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments Okay, so now that I've had a little time to recover from the sheer magnitude of awesomeness that was last night's finale, I've started thinking about what we learned last night and where that might take us next season.

One of the biggest things that interested me was the Orchid Station and what the Dharma hippies called the "Casimir Effect." Now, it seems that whatever the Dharma people were doing on the island it had more to do with psychological research of people interacting with the island's phenomena rather than practical applications of the phenomena themselves. For example, Desmond hitting the button or the entire Orchid Station. These things don't seem to fully harness the power of the island- as proven when Ben calls them "silly experiments" before blowing through the back wall of the Orchid and getting into the real heart of the island.

The thing that interested me, though, was the dharma guy's admonition against sticking "inorganic" materials in the chamber. Remember when Locke first met Jacob and Ben told him to take off anything inorganic because "Jacob doesn't like technology?" Could there be a link between the station and Jacob? Could Jacob be someone who became unstuck in time a la Desmond after an experiment in the Orchid? Could that explain the traveling of the cabin?

I loved last night's episode and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The writers proved that you can perfectly mesh the character drama with the unveiling of the island's mysteries without sacrificing anything in the way of story.

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments It was the best finale I've ever seen of Lost. They gave just the right amount of questions and answers.

message 43: by Mona (last edited May 30, 2008 12:09PM) (new)

Mona | 4 comments You guys... I am reliving the finale last night reading through your comments... I am still trying to figure everything out. What an amazing show!!!!!

It had me on the edge of my seat last night. WOW!!!

message 44: by Lori (new)

Lori I love being unspoiled for this show!

I've never cared about Charlotte before, but her exchange got me curious. Do you think she might be Annie?

And an FYI - Jeremy Bentham was the name of the guy who started Utilitarian religion...

message 45: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments Bentham was a pretty cool kind of fellow for the most part, his early stance for animal rights was admirable. I've never been able to get myself past his creation of the panopticon though.

message 46: by Lori (new)

Lori Interesting! I never knew of Bentham at all. This observing thing is the same as what Dharma was doing to the people there...

message 47: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Im still in shock. i got no sleep last nite, thought about it all day today and after my weekend of work is over, i will be rewatching it. I dvr'd it, but my digital cable kept freezing and sticking on me throughout the entire show. I was ready to put my foot through it. I hope it didnt record like that, i will die!

message 48: by Connie (new)

Connie | 20 comments Wow, Logan! Like your theory. I'm not sure I totally get the cabin moving part of it (but I have a raging headache today, so I must revist when I have all my senses about me). I love the idea of the psychological research and I totally missed the part about the Casimir effect; thanks for pointing that out. The psycological research is one of the most fascinating aspects of the show for me. Even more than the time travel and I love time travel!

message 49: by Connie (new)

Connie | 20 comments What do you guys think about Sun & Widmore? On some other groups it seems people think she's forming and alliance with him, but I think she's either:

1) using him to get back to the island
2) plotting revenge for his involment in Jin's death
3) Sun's working for Ben and setting Widmore up for something

message 50: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments I'm rewatching the finale tonight to see what I missed from having my jaw hit the floor every three seconds the first time around. I can't wait!

« previous 1