Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Family Corner > Family Corner

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments For those who wanna brag on their family or even want to rant or ask advise. Only rule here is don't give out names to protect the innocent.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Today is the last day of school. My daughter had several snow days and Monday is the real last day but doesn't have to go unless u have to make up a test. Don't know if I should be happy or cry :)

message 3: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 671 comments I know what you mean, Pamela. My son's last day was 5/21 and my daughter's was 5/27. My son is usually pretty quiet and keeps to himself when it's just him, but with my daughter home for a little over a week now, there's been plenty of fighting and noise. I'm already checking the calendar to see how much longer until they go back to school.;-)

message 4: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 414 comments High school graduation was May 29 for my "baby". She is heading off to Texas Tech in the fall. We spent the weekend making a T-shirt quilt for her dorm room. We have school and trip T-shirts from all 4 years in high school and we are putting them together into a fun memory quilt. Hope to get it finished up in the next week or so. (Her closet looks much better now, too....never knew she had accumulated so many T-shirts!)

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Oh Melanie, I am so NOT ready for my little girl to grow up. She just turned 10 in May. I am hopeful that she will go to college which neither I nor her dad did. We both joined the Navy instead. Maybe I can get her to attend the local college :)

She can't go too far because she is getting the house and me and her dad are moving (lol, JK).

message 6: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 414 comments I am having a hard time with this one! Our daughter is still only 17. It was not so bad when our two older ones (both boys) left for college. They both chose a university near by, but Tech is in Lubbock which is an 8 1/2 hour drive from Houston! Hubby has a ton of frequent flyer miles and I know that I will be using up quite a few for weekend visits. Enjoy your little girl...they grow up SO fast.