All The Books You've Never Read discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives :D > The Last Song

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) The May group read for 2010 has been decided!! It's officially The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. Any comments you have on the book can be posted here! :))

--If your comment contains spoilers, give a spoiler alert, like such:

Person's comment: "I was so surprised when **SPOILER ALERT** . . ."

We don't want to give everything away before everyone knows what has happened! :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I am enjoying the book more then I thought I would. I'm over half way done with the book and as of right now I would rate it pretty high.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone else reading the book with me?

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Am trying to get my Mother to take me to the bookstore so that I can get it. :) Not sure who else is reading it, though.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm trying to remember if I voted for this book or not. I'm glad that others voted for it and I ended up reading it.

message 6: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hehe, I widh my mom would just go get it for me. But enough of my complaining. :D

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments I just started it. So far it's good but I'm only on page 20ish. But I saw the movie when it came out and loved it!

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Haha, I was wondering if you had seen the movie yet. I haven't but will eventually. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Love Love Love the book. It was really great! I have to say that this book is now in my top favorite book list. I borrowed it from a friend and I told her that she wasn't get back until I re-read it a few times first ;) (She does the same to me sometimes.)

message 10: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Haha, at least you give each other your books back. :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Sometimes we trade. It all equals out.

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Cools :)

message 13: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I am getting this bookin the next day or two from a friend so I can start reasing it hear soon...I have two other books to read first because they are due back to the library but I should definitely have it read for the month of May.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds great! Enjoy the books you are reading now.

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments Right now I'm only on chapter 10 which is about page 90 but I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! It's so good! I have to say *knock on wood* that even thoguh I saw the movie first I love the book even better!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad some one agrees with me. I've been telling everyone that they have to read this book. Amazingly wonderful. Love the book. I almost want to pull it out and re-read it again this soon.

message 17: by galya (new)

galya My school library didnt' have the book, so I took out Dear John hahhaha!! =)

message 18: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) That's okay. Tell us if you like Dear John or not! :)

message 19: by galya (new)

galya I feel like I'm reading even slower than before. I need to get them reading glasses =/ I feel old.

message 20: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Don't ever feel old about yourself. And I've noticed that I'm reading a lot slower as well. Are you feeling old because you need reading glasses?

message 21: by galya (new)

galya Yea, somewhat. I never minded actually having glasses, because it's not a big deal, but now that it actually affects my reading, and just the way it hurts my eyes and makes things in weird focus... Eh, I want my perfect vision back.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I wish I had perfect vision too. But I like my glasses sometimes.

message 23: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Well I don't have perfect vision, but I don't need glasses anymore.

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (RaVeNkIsSeS) | 1 comments I read the book first than saw the movie . I thought they were both really good. The book made me cry as did the movie but I think they were both great in there own way. It was nice to put faces to the characters. I have recommended this book to everyone I know.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too! I recommended this book to everyone I run into.

message 26: by galya (new)

galya Finished Dear John, my substitute for the unfound The Last Song. It was alright. 3/5. Felt a little YA-ish for me.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Good to know. Are you still looking for The Last Song?

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 225 comments Just got to page 180 something today in my study hall! I'm really loving this book! I love Will and Ronnie and Steve and Jonah and the guy that lives next door. Okay I got a little carried away but my point is I love everyone, even though it may be a little weird, I kind of like Marcus in a way. Maybe it's the whole bad boy thing he's got going. I really love how the chapters are told in different points of view. My only problem is that I find sometimes Steve's memories can be a little long. I find that I'm a person who likes a lot of conversation and not a lot of paragraphs in a row with no one talking. Oh, one other thing while I'm thinking about it. I saw the movie first and even at the begining I saw the characters as who they were in the movie but I kind of got myself out of it and I have to say that I love my characters more! In my opinion, while Miley did a good job I like my Ronnie a whole lot more, same with my Will and Marcus and Steve and Jonha and well you get the picture. Sorry this was so long but I had a lot to say from the 90 pages when I updated last time.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad you like the book. I really enjoyed this book as well!

You wont like Marcus after awhile. He really is not a nice guy at the end. I'm not saying anymore.

message 30: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I am on about page 75. I really love it so far. I like the way each chapter is a different persons point of view and isn't just a straight read thru Ronnie's eyes.

message 31: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** So I am close to finishing the book now and I love it. I think it is by far one of Sparks best yet. I haven't seen the movie yet but I can't wait to see it too. I love the growth in Ronnie and her father Steve's relationship. And I am so stoked since I found outthat in the movie Steve is played by Greg Kinear. I love him. I think he is great actor and I think he could do the role of Steve soo well.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, Isn't it a great book? I loved it. Still think about the book often. The growth even felt real. It wasn't forced or pushed. He really did a great job with this book.

message 33: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Soooo. I finished to at work...and may I say I love love love this book. One of my favs by far. Coming into the last parts of the book I had to stop a couple times so I wouldn't cry. I dont think it would be good to cry and work and then answer the phone with sniffles..lol. and how I will have my review posted tomorrow likely.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not a cryer but I had a few tears. drip down my faces. Yup, I teared up but only a few.

Ronnie becomes such a woman at the end. It makes me happy. This is a book that I would like to see a sequel for. How Ronnie and Will figure things out as they are in two different spots of their lives.... Soon to be the same city. Another book I am chanting for Sparks to hear!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dear John (other topics)
The Last Song (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nicholas Sparks (other topics)