Forgotten Realms discussion

Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2) by Reid, Thomas M.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Schwarm (davidschwarm) Hola, I am starting this book today--interesting to be reading to views into Drow society at the same time. Thanks, David S.

message 2: by David (new)

David Schwarm (davidschwarm) Book opens with way to many characters--not just our traveling party + the intrigue in Ched Nasad, but all the other villains and sub plots are all abruptly introduced--I could have used a little more time easing into the characters.

I am liking the party dynamics + the all of the characters so far have interesting quirks that I look foreword to seeing more fully developed.

Thanks, David S.

message 3: by David (new)

David Schwarm (davidschwarm) When WotC finally starts making Movies this is going to be one of the total highlights. Great Characters, Amazing battle scenes, subtle intrigue resolved quickly, and moves the larger story along--this is the Empire Strikes Back of the War of the Spider Queen. Our heros are beaten, a city is destroyed, and grudges are resolved in the Drow way as we plunge further into the Underdarks current crisis.

I really enjoyed this read a lot--initially the abundance of characters was overwhelming, but in the end it all worked out really well. A fun, quick read.