Love Inspired Historicals discussion

We're 300 strong now!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I just noticed the number of people in our group and we are now 300 in number! I've had such fun with this group and am so pleased to see it grow -- more room for more friends. We need a party to celebrate. I'll bring the balloons -- big clusters of round balloons in pastel colors (in honor of spring). What else do we need?

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Woohoo! I'll bring the cake...a chocolate chip sour cream pound cake! It's soooo goood!

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 53 comments I'll bring raspberry ice tea!!

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yum -- chocolate chip sour cream pound cake and raspberry ice tea!! Sounds so gooood.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Ill bring a pavlova

message 6: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments I just noticed it ! Yay.. Ice cream pass on to everyone!

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ausjenny wrote: "Ill bring a pavlova"

Sounds delicious! What is a pavlova?

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 53 comments Yes, can't be a party without ice cream!

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlova
here is a link to explain

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlova
here is a link to explain"

Interesting!

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments yummy.

message 12: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I just sent out an invitation to 160 of our group. I didn't want anybody to miss this party. I'm just about to pop open my Tupperware container of canapes! What's your favorite? Maybe I have something you like?

message 13: by Casey (new)

Casey Anybody like cheesecake? That is my FAVORITE!!! ;)

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, canapes! That sounds wonderful. In the mini-bite area I love the tiny quiches. Not sure I have a favorite canape. I love when there's a variety though so I can pick and chose.

message 15: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Lyn, you miss one is me. I got it anyway. I am here to celebrate with great friends here.

Cheese cake! Bring it Casey!

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, canapes! That sounds wonderful. In the mini-bite area I love the tiny quiches. Not sure I have a favorite canape. I love when there's a variety though so I can pick and chose."

Ooooh! I love quiche too! Yummy! :)

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Lyn wrote: "I just sent out an invitation to 160 of our group. I didn't want anybody to miss this party. I'm just about to pop open my Tupperware container of canapes! What's your favorite? Maybe I have someth..."

I got your invitation Lyn, thank you :) I came right over to enjoy the party!

message 18: by Heidi (last edited Apr 18, 2010 11:55AM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I think I will bring mini pigs in a blanket, you know, those tiny sausages wrapped in dough? I hope everyone likes those, they are a favorite of mine :) We have so many wonderful looking goodies here already, yum! I am going to have a bit of everything! I am happy to say chocolate is bothering me less these days for some reason, so bring it on! ;) Thanks for bringing all of these great things everyone, and thanks for all of the pretty decorations Janet!

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

Heidi -- speaking of decorations, I think I'll add some shiny streamers that blow in the breeze -- in pastel colors as well to go witih the balloons. If we have a breeze, I'm thinking we on a grassy hillside somewhere warm.

message 20: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Heidi -- speaking of decorations, I think I'll add some shiny streamers that blow in the breeze -- in pastel colors as well to go witih the balloons. If we have a breeze, I'm thinking we on a gras..."

Oooh, how pretty! I like the setting too! Can we have a stream or lake near by as well to dip our feet in, or for those daring enough, to take a swim in? We could even have parasols and take a nice row boat ride and take turns looking pretty and rowing, lol :)

message 21: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, let's have a small lake for swimming or toe-dipping. And I love the parasols! And the boat ride -- although I don't think we should have to row. That's what we have the gorgeous men for who are with us.

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, let's have a small lake for swimming or toe-dipping. And I love the parasols! And the boat ride -- although I don't think we should have to row. That's what we have the gorgeous men for who ..."

Excellent idea Janet! Why should we break a sweat? ;)

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Casey wrote: "Anybody like cheesecake? That is my FAVORITE!!! ;)"

YUM! My favorite.

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, let's have a small lake for swimming or toe-dipping. And I love the parasols! And the boat ride -- although I don't think we should have to row. That's what we have the gorgeous men for who ..."

I like the way you think! LOL

message 25: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Heidi wrote: "I think I will bring mini pigs in a blanket, you know, those tiny sausages wrapped in dough? I hope everyone likes those, they are a favorite of mine :) We have so many wonderful looking goodies ..."

not sure i have had pigs in blankets before and not sure what canapes are either.

message 26: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Did I mention I hired a chocolate fountain?????

message 27: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I'll bring a fresh fruit salad. The lake and the boat ride are great ideas. I love to be around water. I agree with Janet that we should be able to relax in the boat. What if we had a godolier take us around the lake, kind of like we're in Italy?

message 28: by Heidi (last edited Apr 18, 2010 06:05PM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Did I mention I hired a chocolate fountain?????"

YUM! I may just hold a cup under there and drink it up! LOL! ;)

message 29: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Barbara wrote: "I'll bring a fresh fruit salad. The lake and the boat ride are great ideas. I love to be around water. I agree with Janet that we should be able to relax in the boat. What if we had a godolier take..."

Fruit salad is always so refreshing! I like it with mini marshmellows in it :) Do you like it that way?

message 30: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Heidi wrote: "Barbara wrote: "I'll bring a fresh fruit salad. The lake and the boat ride are great ideas. I love to be around water. I agree with Janet that we should be able to relax in the boat. What if we had..."

mmmmmmm!

message 31: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Oh my goodness, I've gained weight just looking over all this yummy food. lol I've got homemade chocolate chip cookies with m&ms.

I'm so glad our group has grown so much, especially in such a short time. I'm so happy you're all here and that I've gotten to get to know you.

Hugs!

message 32: by Casey (new)

Casey Barbara wrote: "I'll bring a fresh fruit salad. The lake and the boat ride are great ideas. I love to be around water. I agree with Janet that we should be able to relax in the boat. What if we had a godolier take..."

Sounds heavenly. :)

message 33: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Heidi wrote: "Barbara wrote: "I'll bring a fresh fruit salad. The lake and the boat ride are great ideas. I love to be around water. I agree with Janet that we should be able to relax in the boat. What if we had..."

Yes, I usually don't think of marshmallows, but I would like it that way.

message 34: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Carla If you look in the far corner there is a salad bar with very healthy foods.

message 35: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL, Ausjenny -- You mean that far distant corner we can hardly see from here? Just the walk over would be good for us.

message 36: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Yep that one. its by the low calorie deserts too but hey the cute guys are there too.

message 37: by JanetTronstad (new)

Hummm, well maybe since there's cute guys over there it's work the walk over to see it all.

message 38: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments yep and we can watch them eating it right.

message 39: by Carla (new)

Ausjenny wrote: "Carla If you look in the far corner there is a salad bar with very healthy foods."

Ausjenny wrote: "yep and we can watch them eating it right."

***Hmmm...I missed that. Must have been because I was mesmerized by the hotties and the chocolate fountain. ;-)

message 40: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments yep that would do it.

message 41: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Carla wrote: "Oh my goodness, I've gained weight just looking over all this yummy food. lol I've got homemade chocolate chip cookies with m&ms.

I'm so glad our group has grown so much, especially in such a..."

I'm glad to have gotten to know you, and Janet, and all of the sweet ladies here as well! :) Thanks for starting the group Carla and Janet!

message 42: by Debbie (last edited Apr 19, 2010 04:54AM) (new)

Debbie | 53 comments OK, for some reason, the comment that I posted last evening isn't in here - cause I'm here and I brought ham balls and I'm having a wonderful time eating and boating. And now I'm looking at all the handsome guys (I'm only doing that so I can help out any of the single gals out there! teeheehee!)

message 43: by JanetTronstad (new)

Debbie -- of course, looking at the handsome guys is always a public service we undertake on behalf of our sisters :))

message 44: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) Hi all - just wanted to stop by and say hi - I don't always get a chance to post here anymore but I do skim the threads and am still enjoying the books I learned about thru all of you. What a great group you all are.

message 45: by Carla (new)

Heidi wrote: "I'm glad to have gotten to know you, and Janet, and all of the sweet ladies here as well! :) Thanks for starting the group Carla and Janet!
"

***Our pleasure, Heidi! :-)

message 46: by Carla (new)

Debbie wrote: "OK, for some reason, the comment that I posted last evening isn't in here - cause I'm here and I brought ham balls and I'm having a wonderful time eating and boating. And now I'm looking at all th..."

***Hi Debbie,

I wondered who brought those delicious ham balls. :-)
So glad you're here and willing help out the single gals. lol

Angela, drop by more often. And thank you for reading!

message 47: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Wow! 300 strong! That's fantastic . . . Since we're celebrating with dessert, I'll bring cheesecake. For 300 people, I figure that's . . . 50 cheesecakes! Let's see . . . that's about 40 lbs. of cream cheese, 800 oz. of sour cream and a lot of sugar and vanilla and graham cracker crums!

LIH readers are the best around!

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments All this food is making me want to go on a treasure hunt to get rid of some of the excess energy and guess what the guys are coming too.

message 49: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Victoria wrote: "Wow! 300 strong! That's fantastic . . . Since we're celebrating with dessert, I'll bring cheesecake. For 300 people, I figure that's . . . 50 cheesecakes! Let's see . . . that's about 40 lbs. of..."

And so are LIH authors! We all LOVE the books you guys write! I know I look forward to the newest ones each month! :)

message 50: by JanetTronstad (new)

Heidi -- readers like you and the others here (you know who you are :)) are what makes writing our books so rewarding!!

« previous 1