Islam discussion

Why are we so devided?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deena (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Deena | 16 comments I re-post this topic because I can't make any reply on previeous one:)

message 2: by Deena (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Deena | 16 comments Bismillah..

This is a very interesting topic. Before I want to comment, I want to share my expirience being a muslim in a country where most people doesn't know much about Islam. And sometimes those little info that they had about Islam is completely wrong.

At one time I had an expirience where people ask me what i'm wearing in my head and I said it's a hijab and i'm wearing it because i'm a moslem. And he/she (i forgot who ask cause i had too much of an expirience on this) ask which Islam am I. I was confused because I never think of Islam as a divided religion (at least not like Christians where they have Protestant and Catholic). Apparently he heard a man from Iran said that Islam is devided into two(syi'ah and sunni). Hmm... Later on I explain that our Prophet SAW teach us a single religion named Islam instead of two. Haha..

That's only one of the way how Islam is divided (apparently by ourself).

As to why we are so devided? I think its a bit complicated. I'm gonna think about it for a while and i'll tell you all how i think about it later on, insyaAllah. What do anyone think about this?

message 3: by Aimme (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Aimme | 12 comments Never thought about it. Islam is Islam, without insignificant attribute after it. 4JJI has sent us through His prophet, Muhammad SAW, a guidance for human being. A religion that teach us about Tauhid, just like 4JJI has sent to prophets before Muhammad SAW.

131. When his Lord said unto him: Surrender! he said: I have surrendered to the Lord of the Worlds.
132. The same did Abraham enjoin upon his sons, and also Jacob, (saying): O my sons! Lo! Allah hath chosen for you
the (true) religion; therefore die not save as men who have surrendered (unto Him) [i.e., Moslem:].
133. Or were ye present when death came to Jacob, when he said unto his sons: What will ye worship after me? They
said: We shall worship thy God, the God of thy fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac, One God, and unto Him we
have surrendered. [QS 2:131 - 133]

So, when we apply Islam based on Qoran and Sunnah, There we are as a moslem.
Differences in interpreting any issues which not related to the foundation of this religion cannot justify any separation.
Our noble scholars were respect each other despite their difference in understanding. Why we should identify each other in different way?

So, why we are divided? i am afraid it is because we do not understand this religion well.

May 4JJI unite this ummah.

message 4: by Epee (new)

Epee (Epers) So its true that all Moslems hate Israel and want to see the Jews sunk in the Red Sea? Do you also back Iran with wanting to use nuclear power against it?

message 5: by MissJessie (new)

MissJessie Seems a little off topic Epee.

message 6: by Aliya (new)

Aliya (ayilamina222) | 43 comments Epee, Muslims are tolerant to ALL religions........we dont "hate" the Jews........

message 7: by Saabira (new)

Saabira | 2 comments Bismillahir-rahmanir-raheem
Assalamu alaikum,
Well, actually there are clear and authentic sayings reported from the Prophet (saw) that he informed his companions that his deen will be divided into 73 sects. He (saw) further said that 72 are in the hell-fire, except for 1 and when asked which one, he(saw) replied that the one who follows his way (they are the ahlus-sunnah wal-jamahah) i.e. their understanding of Islam is according to he pious predecessors (the salaf).
Other hadeeth include the one whereby the Prophet (saw) said to his companions (r.u) that some amongst his followers will refuse to enter into paradise. The companions (r.u) were surprised and asked him (saw) who amonst them would refuse to enter into paradise. He (saw) stated that those who refuse to follow his (saw) way.
Considering these two hadeeths, amongst others, it emphasises the importance of following a sound aqueedah/creed (or understanding) and to seek knowlegde and beware of innovation in the religion.
Bid'ah (innovation) is a very serious matter and such leads to the hell-fire.
So dear brothers and sisters, our Prophet (saw) has reiterated that we should stick to his sunnah with our polar teeth.

Jazakumullahu khayr!

A Kid Named Megan☮ (Book♥♦♣◘•○♠☺Luva) | 33 comments Yes unfortunately there are different ects in Islam. This is only b/c they look at Islma in different ways. The sha'it blve that Ali was supposed to be the next Khalifah and he wasn't. So people got mad and said well if Ali isn't the first Khalifah then maybe Muhammed (s.w.a) shouldn't even be the prophet.
Yea-i kno very haram.;(