Writer Group discussion

Tell us about Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
What do like to do? Tell us!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (karencarr) | 26 comments I like writing stories and I want to become an author. I also like to eat Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches. They're my fav lunch food. My fav color is green. I also like to sing.

message 3: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments Yo everyone! I'm Clare, and I belong to so many groups now I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do... lol : D

Ok, about myslef... hmmm... Ok, well I love to write (duh), read (double duh), and draw. I'm really into computer and art, so I will be going to a Tec. college hopefully next year for graphic art and design... lol I love doing both that and writing, and I hope to also write a book and get it published some day.

I turned 15 today (YAY!) my favorite color is metalic silver, but I also like dark blue and black. I am a very strange person, and I love wearing weird stuff that make people do a double take and think "What the heck...?" I suck at singing but do it anyway in private cuz I adore music. I play piano and flute. And I think I've beein blabbing long enough... sorry if I bored anyone into sleeping mode...

message 4: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments Oh, almost forgot, I want all of you guys to become full fledged authors (if thats what you want to do) so I can brag to ppl that I know you... YAY!!! lol : D

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (ibscorpioqueen) | 7 comments I am 31 and have recently been attacked by the writing bug! I love to read too, so that has been interfering with my writing! I am a mom of two boys my oldest, Cody is fourteen and my youngest, Mathew is 12. They have lived with their father for almost three yrs now. So I have gotten the "chance" to find out who I am (said bitterly, because of the fact I haven't been able to talk to them even by phone) besides being their mom. I love, love, love music! Well enough about me.

message 6: by Daydree (last edited May 29, 2008 11:16AM) (new)

Daydree I am 22 years old- going on 30 lol. I've been married for two and a half years now (nope, I wasn't knocked up. We are just crazy kids). My husband and I just purchased our first home about a month ago. In San Diego especially, this is almost unheard of at our age. No kids, yet.

I work full time at a real estate internet company doing research and development, website optimization, and copywriting. I'm also doing school part time working towards a Writing and Literature degree.

Throughout my entire childhood I was an avid story writer. I don't think I ever listened to a teacher through a single entire class period. Some time in high school, I hit a sudden mental block and stopped writing stories altogether. Even now, years later, I have not recovered from it.

Now I am (slowly) working to overcome this block in order to fulfill what I have always believed to be my "destiny"- if you can call it that.

I like to say I am in engaged in the "reading" stage of my writing career. Fantasy is what compels me, although I enjoy reading a diverse array of genres.

I have several story ideas floating around in my head; some are even mapped out on paper. I am almost ready to take the plunge and start writing for real again. Don't ask me "Why not now?" If I knew that answer, I would have gotten out of this boat years ago!

message 7: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) I'm Veronica, and I love reading, writing, math, earth science, singing, softball, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I'm 14, and I am working on a short story and a novel right now. I can't wait until summer, not only because I don't have to go to school until fall, but because I don't ever have to set foot in the middle school again, ever. 8th grade has been a good year, but I'm ready for change!

message 8: by Ben (last edited May 29, 2008 02:36PM) (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
First off... Happy B-day Clare!

I'm Ben, and I'm pretty big into writing.

My favorite movies are Indiana Jones 1,3, and 4, I am legend and Star wars 2.

I am almost 13 and I am currently reading Percy Jackson book 4.

message 9: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments Thanx!!! lol

Thats so weird.. I just got done with the 3rd P.J. book... it was good! haha

I LOVE star wars! lol... plus too many otehr movies to name...

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Wanna know what's even funnier?

I just finished the third one Yesterday...

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) | 233 comments Mod
I'm Michelle, and i'm 13.

i am the most distracted person on the face of the earth. (why do i know this, you wonder? i'm psychic. only explanation, :D)reading and writing are my two worst problems of distraction, especially in school. but i can't help it. reality is so mundane...

happy b-day clare!!

i am currently working on three works of writing, and i get the characters mixed up a lot.

i love singing and acting, and that is the only thing that keeps school interesting, all the drama. just the other day there was a fight...

but you don't want to know about that.

message 12: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments really? weird!

message 13: by Michelle (new)

clare, why do we keep posting at the same time?

message 14: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments idk???? lol!!!

Thanx!!! I'm doing the b-day dance right now!!! PARTY OVER HERE! WHOOT WHOOT!!! PARTY OVER THERE!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!

message 15: by Michelle (new)

YAY! I WOULD JOIN IN, BUT I CAN'T DANCE TO SAVE MY LIFE! YAY!

message 16: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
hah. Me neither... *sigh*

message 17: by Michelle (new)

oh, and i thought i was the only one. yay, i'm not the only one! hehe

message 18: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Hi, I'm Kenzie. I LOVE to write AND read, so they fight to gain control of my next action. I'm on here wwwwaaaay too much, but it's nice to talk to you all and write with you. I'm not really into all that much...a lot of my time I'm watching my brothers so...yeah. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read and write, though, and often end up with an urge to write where I have to.

message 19: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
I'm pretty much on here every second that i have on the computer. (For us, we get out of school tomorrow so i'll be on here double the time.)

message 20: by Michelle (new)

lucky person. i get out the 9th! and yes, if you were thinking 'huh, that's weird, isn't that a monday?' it is a monday, and i am so mad about that!!!

message 21: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
That's funny because that's what I was thinking.

message 22: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie The ninth! Lucky! We don't get out until the 12th!

message 23: by Michelle (new)

that is funny, because using my psychic powers, i guessed that you would say that, too.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

the 12th is a thursday?

message 25: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Yep.

message 26: by Michelle (new)

why a thursday? this intrigues me...

message 27: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Why a Monday?????

message 28: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I don't know. My school system is weird...

message 29: by Michelle (new)

monday, you ask? snow day on a half day of school. i, honestly think it is a waste of time. the last day is always an hour. and what about leap day? these things puzzle me, and i have gotten no answer that hasn't confused me even more.

message 30: by Michelle (new)

friday the 13th...hehehe

message 31: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Well I kind of feel that I am the luckiest one.
(Sing along)
SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!

message 32: by Michelle (new)

that's right rub it in. what kind of revenge is this?

message 33: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie This kid in my class pointed it out that the first day of summer break for us is Friday the 13th. Nice way to start the break.

message 34: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Mwahahahahaha.

Sorry. I do feel bad for you guys. But i'm too excited!!!!!!!!!!!

message 35: by Ben (last edited May 29, 2008 05:18PM) (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Yeah. My friends started a buisness with me and it will be hard to end it. We were making so much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

message 36: by Michelle (new)

ya, otherwise it's so boring.

message 37: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
definently

message 38: by Michelle (new)

business? intrigue...

message 39: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Well actually it is a buisness where we sell comics. We make like $200 a day (Exxageration)

message 40: by Michelle (new)

you draw actual comics and sell them?

message 41: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Yeah, goes along with my writing thing I have going on. I have made

-Dead Fred 1-24

-Barry the Hobo Hermit

-Cereal Man

-The Powerless Super Hero

Yeah... We are hiring an agent to get them on the market. You know Diary of a Wimpy kid? I know that guy. That's how we got started.

message 42: by Michelle (new)

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! can you put in a good word for me?! please?

message 43: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
uh... sure I guess.

message 44: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
Wait. Do you like Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Something?

message 45: by Michelle (new)

ya, my friend reccomended it to me. not to mention i want to get published like there's no tomorrow. thanx.

message 46: by Ben (new)

Ben | 221 comments Mod
yea me too

message 47: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 109 comments O, cool!

message 48: by Michelle (new)

did you look at the link by the bands? jeanine has a new song!

message 49: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ okay i haven't been on in a few days. lol. um i'm brigid. i'm fifteen, almost done with ninth grade... i get out of school on the 17th of june (grrr). i luv to read and write! i have several pieces of writing on this site. i have a few poems, and three stories: the chosen one, destiny, and last but definitely not least Soul Stealer (which everyone seems to luv... :D) haha. nice to meet you all, except i think i already know most of you...

message 50: by Michelle (new)

hehe. Bigid, did you look at the fans of our own work? i put somewhere that jeanine has a link to her new song. she's the one i'm writing for. check it out!!

« previous 1