Patricia Briggs Fans discussion

Sianim Series > Masques

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bry (new)

Bry (utqtbry) Masques (Sianim, #1) by Patricia Briggs

Book description: When the peaceful kingdom of Reth is overrun by Geofrrey ae'Magi, the evil master of illusion, Aralorn, weaponsmistress of the shapechanging race, and her companion, Wolf, attempt to overthrow him.

message 2: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 5 comments I'll be reading this is September when the updated version is released.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I can't wait to get this one either. I saw a used copy on Amazone for almost $100. As much as I love Patricia Briggs, I just couldn't do it.

message 4: by Bry (new)

Bry (utqtbry) I am waiting for the new version too! The covers of Masques and the sequel Wolfsbane are stunningly beautiful!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 15 comments Bry, where have you seen the covers? I don't see them on her site anywhere.

I found a PDF of Masques a while back, but opted not to read it when I heard she was reworking and re-releasing it.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 574 comments Mod
I'll hang on until it comes out in September, then. Thanks for the info.

message 7: by new_user (new)

new_user I think it was the first of hers that I read, and I loved it! I'm so glad she's releasing the sequel. I think you guys will like the hero in that one. ;) Mysterious.

message 8: by Bry (new)

Bry (utqtbry) DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Bry, where have you seen the covers? I don't see them on her site anywhere.

I found a PDF of Masques a while back, but opted not to read it when I heard she was reworking and re-releasing it."

I saw the covers at a book signing here in Houston. She had just gotten them that week, so she brought them to show everyone. They are beautiful!!

message 9: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) oh you read it!!! I am so JEALOUS! I know, patience. Tap, Tap, Tap.

new_user wrote: "I think it was the first of hers that I read, and I loved it! I'm so glad she's releasing the sequel. I think you guys will like the hero in that one. ;) Mysterious."

message 10: by Bry (new)

Bry (utqtbry) We should do a group read when this comes out in September!

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Absolutely!

I'd love to participate.

message 13: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments Looking forward to this discussion!

I have my copy!

message 15: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments I am about 40% in. Interested to know your thoughts ...

message 16: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments So I am about 80% in. The book is a slow start -- but I attribute that to world building. I really like the main character (Aralorn) and the "hero" -- Wolf. The story builds slowly, but now I am hooked. Briggs excels at taking a plain sort of female and making her a heroine. I love the magic in this book.

message 17: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) I am on the wait list for this one. Still tapping and waiting.

message 18: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookaddict27) | 6 comments I haven't gotten around to buying this one yet. Is it as good as the rest of the books she has written?

message 19: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Now reading. Like the world, and charicters. MOre later

message 20: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments Looking forward to what you think. I also like the world and characters. It is obviously a first book for an author, I am looking forward to reading Wolfsbane -- i will probably read it in about 3-4 books.

message 21: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments I am now reading the sequel to Masques Wolfsbane (Aralorn, #2)(Sianim, #4) by Patricia Briggs -- I am about 25% in and am enjoying it. I really like Aralorn and Wolf as characters. The prequel to Wolfsbane is a brief letter from Briggs, she mentions that she wrote Wolfsbane a long time ago and fans of her other series may be famliar with some story lines that she has borrowed for her other books ..... I do see alot of familiar story lines.

message 22: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Really!! Is it released. I reserved it at the library, but they take a while to get new releases, process it and I think I am 3rd on the wait list.

I still havent written up my thoughts on Masques. I am in the middle of stuff right now so probobly wont now but will say that the world reminded me of witchworld a little bit. Also their were threads of MZB's world too. Especially the women warrier enclave.

Maybe because this book fit, vauguely in some of my most beloved worlds I think I had a lot of context for the world. I dont know how much that lended to my enjoyment of the book, but for what ever reason, I enjoyed the book. It did feel a little clunky, the writing, but the vivid charicterizations that made me fall in love with Mercy and her world was there.