What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > girl wannabe filmmaker goes to NY & meets Woody Allen

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by banana (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

banana (bananah) | 6 comments I don't know if it's young adult fiction, but I'm fairly certain it's out of print. Woody Allen is her idol, though she only meets him briefly (I think).

message 2: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

Cathy | 4 comments This is a long shot, but is it Rubyfruit Jungle? It's a coming of age story about a young girl who knows she's different, grows up to become a filmmaker and realizes she's a lesbian.

message 3: by banana (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:16PM) (new)

banana (bananah) | 6 comments Thanks, but it's kind of more light-hearted than Rubyfruit, with no lesbian components. Though I had forgotten that she was a filmmaker...So many books!

message 4: by Sherri (new)

Sherri | 74 comments Maybe "Rise and Fall of a Teenage Wacko" by Mary Anderson?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36564 comments Mod
Banana, are you still looking for this?

A blogger writes about the book, "Laura explores the city while babysitting a British girl for a few chapters, then comically tries to get into a Woody Allen movie." And "Of particular interest to me was the section in which Laura and her babysitting charge explore New York; they window shop on Madison Avenue, attend an auction, and wander around the old Morgan mansion. Later she crowds into a bar to see Woody Allen play the clarinet."

The Rise and Fall of a Teenage Wacko

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 13738 comments Still out there, Banana?

I agree it could be The Rise and Fall of a Teen-Age Wacko.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36564 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Banana, are you still looking for this?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.