The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hey there, fellow readers!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Cain (kimberlycain) I'm Kimberly Cain. I'm into all things creative (music, art, books, dance), spirituality, nature, animals, competitive slalom course water skiing, movies, hanging with my hubby & friends. I love to travel to fun & exotic places & do adventurous things. I also love to sit on the patio & stare at my beautiful plants. I really just love life, in general.

I've been poking around for quite awhile tonight, looking for a fun, interesting group & I landed here! It looks like it's going to take some time to sift through all the good stuff, but I'm looking forward to lurking a bit & then joining the discussion(s).

I read a lot of non-fiction with a novel interspersed now & then. It's crazy, since I love reading fiction. It seems to be a pre-occupation with learning (as if I don't learn from fiction as well). :-) I remember that when I dig into the novel & let out a sigh of satisfaction at being there with it.

message 2: by Nam (new)

Nam | 3 comments Hey Kimberly i am new to Goodreads ! n love readding as much as u do , im from india where are u from ?

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10109 comments Mod
Hi Kimberly and Nam.
Welcome to both of you, so happy you could find our little group :)

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex Hi Kimberly! My wife and I love to travel too. And I also read mostly non-fiction - I love learning about history, which I sortof didn't pay any attention to in school. I laughed at your last sentence; I have exactly the same feeling. I just started Anna Karenina and was reminded of how fun and easy it is to just sink into a novel. But by the time I'm done I'll be itching to get back into non-fiction again.

I'm in a bunch of great groups here, but this one is probably my favorite; it gets a lot of action and the people in it are very cool.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Cain (kimberlycain) Thanks for welcoming me, Nam, Lori & Alex!

Alex, I'm sure about your last comment - cool books = cool people hanging around the books. ;-)

Yes, it's funny that we love fiction, yet spend less time with it. I can come up with all kinds of reasons for that, but...hey, everyone has their way right?