Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

Sookie Stackhouse Books > Dead as a Doornail

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Discuss this book below!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) | 182 comments I loved the story surrounding the Sniper taking out the weres. Poor Sam can't keep a cook to save his life. The pirate vamp was definitely a funny twist just as hilarious as "Bubba" This was the book that made wish Sookie would just Alcide go. I know she likes him as a friend but how could he get mad at her for his fathers death. He asked her to come to the Leader of the pack fight to make sure everything was on the up and up. She did what he asked Alcide is a weak character who I could definately do without.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie How crazy is the way the were's chose a leader? And poor Sookie's house is set on fire!

message 4: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I hated all the detail about her house being destroyed and how they rebuilt it. I could have done without that. I liked this one though. It's where she met Quinn, right? I liked that scene between them.

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
I was so sad when the house burned. It really bummed me out. Sam brought the hotness in this book.

message 6: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) I hated that Sookie lost her house but all the info about what was damaged and all the wood and blah blah, i could have done without. LOL Sorry if that's wrong but it's how I felt. It was pages of "my house my house my house".

message 7: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette | 4 comments This is going to seem like an insane question, but it is really irking me. During a scene in Fangtasia Eric and Sookie dance. The band is the Grateful Dead, and I believe she says the song is called "Here Comes the Night." Only thing is, the grateful dead didn't do here comes the night. Did I misread? I tried to find that part in the book, but I am having no luck! Does anyone remember what the song is? I remember the dj said something about true dead heads...help?!

message 8: by Angie (new)

Angie Hummm.... I am going to have to look this up!

message 9: by Evelynn (new)

Evelynn Passino (evpassino) | 131 comments I don't have time to look it up, but I'll add my 2 cents anyway.

I don't remember it being the Grateful Dead...I thought it was some generic bar band with a name that was a play on the word Dead (just like the titles of the books). I also don't recall that Harris was implying that Jerry Garcia is a vampire, and that it was the actual Grateful Dead in Fangtasia. It's totally possible that reference went over my head though.

It's been several months since I dead Dead as a Doornail. What part of the book was it?

message 10: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette | 4 comments Thank you so much! You are right, I guess I am just so used to equating dead heads with all things grateful dead! I love that part of the book, especially now that it makes more sense to me. I really wanted to know the song, because try as I might, I can't picture Sookie and eric dancing gracefully. I hope it shows up on True Blood at some point! Endless thanks!

message 11: by Kim (last edited Feb 09, 2009 02:39PM) (new)

Kim | 7 comments I was waiting for some hot and steamy sex in this one. With Bill, Alcide, or Eric (or all).

message 12: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) I kinda like Charles Twining character. Too bad he had to die so soon. *sigh*

Don't like Alcide here. Too whiny. Oh well, never liked him anyway. That were-panther guy seemed nice (can't believe I forget his name).

message 13: by dollmatic (new)

dollmatic | 7 comments I didn't like this book at all. My review is here. On a better note, the group's new avatar is completely fab :). I love Lafayette.